Christ the healer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Live4Him

"And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all." (Luke 6:19)

Hey, everyone.

I posted some links for a new member on this website earlier today in relation to F.F. Bosworth's book entitled "Christ the Healer", and I thought that I'd post them here for the potential benefit of other forum members as well. I chose this section over the Bible Discussion Forum (BDF) because I didn't want people to start arguing over this topic when my goal is to potentially help people through Christ.

Anyhow, the book can be accessed and read for free in a pdf format at the following link:

http://www.despatch.cth.com.au/Books_V/Christ the Healer - F. F. Bosworth.pdf

The book is also available as an audio book on a series of 11 YouTube videos. If anyone reading this is hearing impaired, then there is a CC (Closed Captioning) button on each of the 11 videos which you can click, and the words will appear on your screen for you to read.

Here are links to the 11 videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9zS3RzNo6w&list=PL4ATecYQBfHwoBDWC8m8p_3UdMsDtkByu&index=6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpbMnkBclIw&list=PL4ATecYQBfHwoBDWC8m8p_3UdMsDtkByu&index=7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je86O6hV2U0&list=PL4ATecYQBfHwoBDWC8m8p_3UdMsDtkByu&index=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5_IRDDeYdc&list=PL4ATecYQBfHwoBDWC8m8p_3UdMsDtkByu&index=9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHHEcwYqZns&list=PL4ATecYQBfHwoBDWC8m8p_3UdMsDtkByu&index=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEi9S8Y4Hk&list=PL4ATecYQBfHwoBDWC8m8p_3UdMsDtkByu&index=11

M

MoonCresta

ok - got a question for you.

How do you pray when you know the condition is terminal?

Here's me: I always pray for healing - hey, we and the doctors don't know everything. Then I close by saying something like asking for comfort and peace for the individual and the family.

Ok - now, how do you pray when the condition is not terminal, but serious. I swear it bugs me, not a lot, but just a little bit, when I hear people pray, Lord if it's thy will, we pray for this person to be healed.

Why does that bug me? Cause Jesus said if we pray for healing in his name, the person would be healed. I KNOW that God has a plan for each and every life and sometimes we die, but I've always felt that I shouldn't be hesitant when asking God in prayer for something that he told us to ask for. I've been told that, "Moon Cresta, it may not be God's will to heal that person. It may very well not be, but I'm still asking for healing. Jesus told us to!!

If we're hungry and the fridge is empty, do we pray Lord, if it's your will, I'd sure appreciate you making a way to get me some food! No, we say, "God - I'm HONGRY!"

It's been my experience that when I pray for good things, he answers every time - not sometimes - but every time. God has always been so faithful to answer my prayers. He loves me and cares for me and I love him so much.

L

Live4Him

Here's me: I always pray for healing - hey, we and the doctors don't know everything. Then I close by saying something like asking for comfort and peace for the individual and the family.

Ok - now, how do you pray when the condition is not terminal, but serious. I swear it bugs me, not a lot, but just a little bit, when I hear people pray, Lord if it's thy will, we pray for this person to be healed.

Why does that bug me? Cause Jesus said if we pray for healing in his name, the person would be healed. I KNOW that God has a plan for each and every life and sometimes we die, but I've always felt that I shouldn't be hesitant when asking God in prayer for something that he told us to ask for. I've been told that, "Moon Cresta, it may not be God's will to heal that person. It may very well not be, but I'm still asking for healing. Jesus told us to!!

If we're hungry and the fridge is empty, do we pray Lord, if it's your will, I'd sure appreciate you making a way to get me some food! No, we say, "God - I'm HONGRY!"

It's been my experience that when I pray for good things, he answers every time - not sometimes - but every time. God has always been so faithful to answer my prayers. He loves me and cares for me and I love him so much.
Personally, I believe that it is always the Lord's will to heal us, even as it's his will that none should perish but come to repentance.

That said, there are other variables involved...one of which is ignorance (of his will) and another which is unbelief.

I've prayed for people who have been healed of many different things, and I've been healed of many different things myself. That said, there's one thing that I haven't been healed of YET, but I'm sure that the problem isn't God's will in the matter.

I really don't differentiate between "terminal" and "not terminal" because either Jesus has made a way for all sorts of healing through his atonement or he hasn't.

Personally, I really don't "ask" God to heal anyone because, again, I believe that Jesus already paid the price to obtain healing for us.

With such a belief, I lay hands on people (when possible) and/or I speak to things to be removed (as Jesus taught) in Jesus' name.

I've seen many successes and a few failures.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
The church is dysfunctional. It does not function as the Body of Christ as set out in Corinthians

The Body of Christ

Every church or fellowship is supposed to be as though Christ Himself were in town, each member supplying the different aspects of His ministry ... not one man or one woman dressed in white trying to do everything.

If the Lord did visit your town in Person ... everybody [who asked] would be healed.

L

Live4Him

The church is dysfunctional. It does not function as the Body of Christ as set out in Corinthians

The Body of Christ

Every church or fellowship is supposed to be as though Christ Himself were in town, each member supplying the different aspects of His ministry ... not one man or one woman dressed in white trying to do everything.

If the Lord did visit your town in Person ... everybody [who asked] would be healed.
Seeing how so many members of the body aren't fulfilling their Divine purposes within the body, I'd say that "disabled" is as equally accurate a term to describe the church as "dysfunctional".

This is how the church or body of Christ ought to function:

Ephesians chapter 4

[14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
[15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
[16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

M

MoonCresta

Personally, I believe that it is always the Lord's will to heal us, even as it's his will that none should perish but come to repentance.

That said, there are other variables involved...one of which is ignorance (of his will) and another which is unbelief.

I've prayed for people who have been healed of many different things, and I've been healed of many different things myself. That said, there's one thing that I haven't been healed of YET, but I'm sure that the problem isn't God's will in the matter.

I really don't differentiate between "terminal" and "not terminal" because either Jesus has made a way for all sorts of healing through his atonement or he hasn't.

Personally, I really don't "ask" God to heal anyone because, again, I believe that Jesus already paid the price to obtain healing for us.

With such a belief, I lay hands on people (when possible) and/or I speak to things to be removed (as Jesus taught) in Jesus' name.

I've seen many successes and a few failures.
Gotcha. "there's one thing that I haven't been healed of YET " You and all of us - just keep trying and praying!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

I think David in his Psalms teaches us how to pray for healing. David tells us to meditate on the Lord. That is the opposite to the way meditation is taught in the secular world, it is putting on the entire armor of the Lord. Secular meditation tells us to empty the mind, David tells us meditation is to fill the mind with the word, and the word is God.

Your mind is a powerful tool. For hundreds of years after Christ most believed the heart acted as we know today the mind acts. As you read scripture about the heart, know it includes the mind. Close your eyes and think of a lemon. Now taste that lemon. See how powerful your mind is? Now think of where your body is not working well, and put the words of the Lord around that spot.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Seeing how so many members of the body aren't fulfilling their Divine purposes within the body, I'd say that "disabled" is as equally accurate a term to describe the church as "dysfunctional".

This is how the church or body of Christ ought to function:

Ephesians chapter 4

[14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
[15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
[16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Another gem is
... that through the church the MANIFOLD wisdom of God might now be made known to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places ...

If we look at the Lord's own ministry we see how often healing involved a word of wisdom or word of knowledge, a discerning of spirits, exorcism, a creative miracle. These are all gifts within the body of Christ different members having different gifts. These gifts can hardly be made manifest through one man or woman.

L

Live4Him

Another gem is
... that through the church the MANIFOLD wisdom of God might now be made known to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places ...

If we look at the Lord's own ministry we see how often healing involved a word of wisdom or word of knowledge, a discerning of spirits, exorcism, a creative miracle. These are all gifts within the body of Christ different members having different gifts. These gifts can hardly be made manifest through one man or woman.
This immediately brought the following to my mind:

"As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God." (I Peter 4:10)