CHRISTIAN AND SUFFERING FROM BI-POLAR

  • Thread starter Thread starter dawn7
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dawn7

Guest
I am going through tough times just now and finding it nigh on impossible to hold on to the Anchor, to the Captain of our Salvation. Perhaps there is somebody out there who is going through the same thing? Many are the winds of adversity that blow through our lives - but the mystery of it all is that Jehovah Jireh allows it all and 'when we are tried we will come forth as GOLD'!! IMAGINE that!! I feel as unlike gold as anybody ever did, but despite my rage and anger at some of the way people in the mental health services speak to me, I know that the Lord is rubbing off even MORE corners and making my heart (which already IS very soft) even softer towards those who are poor and downtrodden in this life. I have a heart for the poor and to further the cause of Christ, and feel frustrated, very much so, that I am unable to do anything with my life just now. I'm ashamed to say that I have not even washed for a few days as my mind so low. I have an appt with the psychiatrist tomorrow and no idea how I'm going to summon up the enthusiasm to get there. I was in hospital for 2 months at the end of last year and am sick and tired of speaking to strangers weekly about my feelings and mental health. Hate taking the medication. This illness has a devastating knock on effect on ALL your relationships, so my heart REALLY does go out to you today if you have this disorder. yours in Our Lord dawn7XXXXX
 
Hi Ms. Dawn: make sure you visit the psychiatrist while trusting in the promises of Scripture . Keep taking any meds.
 
Hang in there Dawn7, I don't like taking medication either but it's important we keep taking the medication, the medicine helps us better cope with our disorders. I have trouble with relationships as well, I suggest you take a break from any relationship your in now and try to get better, do what you need to do to recover. Take care of your self!