Christian attitude to bullying

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Too many times, kids are bullied in school and administration does nothing about it. Zero tolerance should include bullying.

angelpie

Jan 8, 2009
Everytime when I see a Bully or seeing others being Bullyed

Either Go find a Teacher or someone Stronger to get them to Quiet.

When I got bullied I gave them there own Medicine & some of them left me alone.

Bullying is a Problem WWJD?

C

CC_Bride

I think by not letting someone know and holding that person responsible for their sin, is enabling them and as a result you are not biblically loving your neighbor as yourself by allowing their sin to go untreated. Otherwise they will go through life thinking that its ok to treat people like that and not face the consequences of their words and actions.

C

CC_Bride

I feel quite lucky to have gone to the high school I went here in New Zealand. I got bullied a bit in Middle school for my acne, but once I started highschool, they had a very strict policy on bullying. One of the rules aside from no bullying was that if you as a bystander stood by and did nothing while you witnessed someone being bullied, you would be held responsible to the same level as the bully and would recieve the same punishment.
And instead of detention or suspension, you were made to run laps on the school field til 4 or 5 o'clock after school. And if you were a senior prefect (school leader) and you witnessed or were told someone was being bullied you were allowed to dish out running detentions.

So lets just say, bullying wasn't really a huge issue at my school. Neither were there cliques at our school either. It was usually the freshmen and sophomores who ran laps. By my junior and senior year everyone knew each other and got along amicably. It wasn't perfect but we were all largely polite and courteous to each other.

A

answers

Personally, I think kids and most adults do not understand what bullying is. For instance, when kids are little, how many times are they told to not be a tattletale, or to figure it out, or not argue, etc. I believe, this goes against not only what God wants us to do, but I think this contributes greatly to kids not telling, and kids trying to figure it out, and kids fighting for a reason neither one really knows.

If we all taught our kids and ourselves that we should first give it to God, next talk with safe people, who can help us figure out what would help ALL the people involved. While taking action, remembering that we are all loved equally by the same father and remembering to love their brothers and sisters. The bully or the bullied are equal and are equal in needing help. Changing the tone and the perpective on any situation, will change the situation. A Label of bad and good or predator and prey is not going to help any who is involved. We are all sinners and we all have things to learn.

I teach my children at every available window and we walk through the doors together. I also role play to boost their confidence and explain why something is nice or hurtful while role playing. I explain the tone of their voice, the words they choose, and their body language, all together contribute to others feelings. We will take turns being the other child and my child. So far, it works for us; I have been told by every teacher that I raise the most well- rounded kids. At the end of the year all the teachers give awards to each kid for something they did great at all year; my kids have gotten every year, the problem solver and most fair. I am glad that they receive these awards, because it makes them empowered to keep truckin'.