Christian Books

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Amazing-Grace

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a forum for Christian books?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Ummm, not really.. Books aren't as relevant as some of the other topics here. JMO :)

Feb 7, 2015
Why specifically "Christian" books? Hardly any of us here would agree on what is "Christian"...... anymore than we now agree on anything else in the same vein.

A

Amazing-Grace

Why specifically "Christian" books? Hardly any of us here would agree on what is "Christian"...... anymore than we now agree on anything else in the same vein.
Hmmm if we take that stance there would be no forums here for we argue about everything...well some of us do.

U

Ugly

No. We can't keep a single thread alive more than a week or two. Some if the forums we have now are barely used as it is.
That's the thing. The more forums you create the more dead forums you create. I've been on sites with a section for everything. At least a 100 options. And they were all dead. Keeping things smaller actually encourages usage.

Nov 14, 2016
*** put up a list and vote on the best one---- my nomination is "Final Quest" by Rick Joyner...

Feb 7, 2015
No. We can't keep a single thread alive more than a week or two. Some if the forums we have now are barely used as it is.
That's the thing. The more forums you create the more dead forums you create. I've been on sites with a section for everything. At least a 100 options. And they were all dead. Keeping things smaller actually encourages usage.
This is, by far, one of the most active Christian sites I have ever been on. Many see two days, or more, between replies. And, IMHO we have six times as many rooms here as necessary.

Feb 7, 2015
*** put up a list and vote on the best one---- my nomination is "Final Quest" by Rick Joyner...
THAT is a wild one....... and as I noted above, not one I would give much credence to. But then most people would not like my recommendations.

student

Jul 20, 2010
Valid responses...how about starting a thread under an already active forum. Add a note to suggest why it is liked or what is pertinent or what has been learned...something like that.

May 13, 2017
THAT is a wild one....... and as I noted above, not one I would give much credence to. But then most people would not like my recommendations.
Willie T What books would you recommend? I have a vast library. Its probably worth more than my house. Some of the books are very old. Books like;
Ancient Book of Daniel

Ancient Book of Enoch
Ancient Book Of Jasher

Ancient Book of Jubilees

Ancient Church Fathers

Ancient Epistle of Barnabas
Ancient Post-Flood Histook of Dry

One book I have that I especially enjoy is The David Flynn Collection.

One book by David Flynn is called "The Temple at the Center of Time" Fascinating!

May 14, 2017
I know I'm fairly new here but why not this use this thread for it now that it's started. By the way I thought "The Lost Book of Enoch" was a good read. Also there are some Christian authors like Phillip Yancey, Max Lucado, Watchmen Nee, John Ortberg this to name a few that I think we can all agree on that are Christian!