Christian but Gay?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lc5704

May 27, 2019
Guys, I need help.

So basically I'm 15, and a committed Christian boy. Like I've been putting God in my daily life and follow His word all the time. There's only one problem - I think I'm gay.

So I've been more attracted to guys over girls, and this has been with me for well over a year now. I really want to date a guy because I feel and act like I'm a stereotypical girl and get crushes over boys. Like there's this really cute drummer at one of my music rehearsals and he acts mature and sensible all the time I really like him.

But, I know God. He doesn't want people to necessarily be same-sex attracted. I don't really know why, but because of this, I'm struggling to cope really badly, and it's very annoying. I'm also developing a tickle fetish for boys as well and I know it's not right. Any advice? Should I be gay?

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
u are young and are still figuring out who u are, at your age i was interested in erotica but besides a few magazines and later the internet i never have acted on it, i new doing such thing would ruin my mother and for the love of her never did it. its ok to have fetishes, many men and women have them but u do not have to act on them or be enslaved by them. if u have to close your eyes at night and fantasies, that's ok, but do not pursue something that cannot be undone, later u may outgrow such desire or it may be something u struggle with most of your life, but always put God first and then your mother. i hope this helps.

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
thanks, but what about my gay problem
u do not have to act on it, the choice is yours, and u are young u may feel differently in a few years. do not do anything till u are sure, gender confusion is quite a normal thing, just give it time. u are only 15, and talk to a mentor about it, someone u trust in the church or community, its good to share these things.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
thanks, but what about my gay problem

Pray about your gay problem. If you will not give in to your homosexual desires, eventually your thinking will be changed in time. May God have mercy on you and help you in your struggle.

Rom 1:25-28

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
Guys, I need help.

So basically I'm 15, and a committed Christian boy. Like I've been putting God in my daily life and follow His word all the time. There's only one problem - I think I'm gay.

So I've been more attracted to guys over girls, and this has been with me for well over a year now. I really want to date a guy because I feel and act like I'm a stereotypical girl and get crushes over boys. Like there's this really cute drummer at one of my music rehearsals and he acts mature and sensible all the time I really like him.

But, I know God. He doesn't want people to necessarily be same-sex attracted. I don't really know why, but because of this, I'm struggling to cope really badly, and it's very annoying. I'm also developing a tickle fetish for boys as well and I know it's not right. Any advice? Should I be gay?
its obvious u do not want to be gay and u do not have to be anything u do not want to be, u are prob attracted to boys because u feel more comfortable around them. just give it time

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
This is not the place. Give it to God and If your Church is active find an elder, deacon, pastor, or an individual that you can see is active in the ministry and Talk to them in prayer.
Let GOD make Him and His way Jesus Christ the priority in your life. Fast, Turn off ALL the ways of this world and all it's distractions through prayer and working in the ministry.

I am and will continue to pray for you.

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
This is not the place. Give it to God and If your Church is active find an elder, deacon, pastor, or an individual that you can see is active in the ministry and Talk to them in prayer.
Let GOD make Him and His way Jesus Christ the priority in your life. Fast, Turn off ALL the ways of this world and all it's distractions through prayer and working in the ministry.
lightbearer this is exactly the place and if u have nothing useful to add, it is easier for a young man to reach out here to strangers then to talk to those he knows and i hope he continues (and others like him) to do so.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
lightbearer this is exactly the place and if u have nothing useful to add, it is easier for a young man to reach out here to strangers then to talk to those he knows and i hope he continues (and others like him) to do so.
No this is not the place he will get the help he needs. He may receive good advice but without actual trusting fellowship with Christians in a mentoring way in Christ through prayer and fasting from the ways of this world. Working in the ministry, giving our hearts to the Lord we will and our lost in our own ill and it will be our undoing.

Rather than make this a debate brother. Why not just let our young brother read what is written and let God's spirit move.

We must learn to trust one another in the real world not the internet.
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
(Jas 5:16 KJV)

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
No this is not the place he will get the help he needs. He may receive good advice but without actual trusting fellowship with Christians in a mentoring way in Christ through prayer and fasting from the ways of this world. Working in the ministry, giving our hearts to the Lord we will and our lost in our own ill and it will be our undoing.

Rather than make this a debate brother. Why not just let our young brother read what is written and let God's spirit move.

We must learn to trust one another in the real world not the internet.
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
(Jas 5:16 KJV)
didn't mean to offend, its just it is easier to confess to strangers then people u know, and i already suggested he talks to someone he knows. i posted that there should be people who deals with these issues on this forum, what if suicide comes up, and i agree the net is insufficient. God bless

lc5704

May 27, 2019
Well, I've come here because I wanted to be anonymous (I do attend a church, but am currently not comfortable with sharing this yet) and I wanted any opinions or advice. Just to clarify, I am attracted to boys though and would be keen on dating one (but God discourages it so yeah I'm not sure).

lc5704

May 27, 2019
by the way are you guys all teens?

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
no i am not a teen, i saw this on the newly posted and thought i would give my 2 cents, go with God and obey him, we all have desires that should not be acted on, be strong and do not sin.

HugBug

Apr 29, 2019
Guys, I need help.

Hello, I have had a similar problem before I’m a girl and have felt bisexual and been more attracted to females then males and still now this desire can still arise now and again, I’m only fourteen myself so it could just be a weird phase. However I know and I think you know that you cannot be Christian and then be gay, because you would be decieving yourself. Pray to God and ask him to take away this desire and over time he will, like he is doing for me. I know it can be hard but this is just one of many evil desires that we were born into because of sin, you have to fight it. Everyone on Earth, believer or non believer is fighting a battle against the devil, some give in but some chose and let Jesus stand by their side to help them fight. Let Jesus fight for you. Do not wonder and think ‘should I be gay?’ but think ‘I love Jesus so I can’t carry out being gay’ then let him fight the evil desire for you. It seems to me deep down you haven’t fully accepted Christ to live in you yet by saying ‘should I just be gay’. Let him in because he loves you more then you’ll ever know and he died to know you and now he wants to fight this spiritual war for you so let him because he wants you to have eternal life with him. Jesus can change you and he will make you into the person he wants to be if you fully accept him and are prepared to do his will and not your own and not follow your own desires. Have a blessed day😁

May 1, 2019
Hello, I have had a similar problem before I’m a girl and have felt bisexual and been more attracted to females then males and still now this desire can still arise now and again, I’m only fourteen myself so it could just be a weird phase. However I know and I think you know that you cannot be Christian and then be gay, because you would be decieving yourself. Pray to God and ask him to take away this desire and over time he will, like he is doing for me. I know it can be hard but this is just one of many evil desires that we were born into because of sin, you have to fight it. Everyone on Earth, believer or non believer is fighting a battle against the devil, some give in but some chose and let Jesus stand by their side to help them fight. Let Jesus fight for you. Do not wonder and think ‘should I be gay?’ but think ‘I love Jesus so I can’t carry out being gay’ then let him fight the evil desire for you. It seems to me deep down you haven’t fully accepted Christ to live in you yet by saying ‘should I just be gay’. Let him in because he loves you more then you’ll ever know and he died to know you and now he wants to fight this spiritual war for you so let him because he wants you to have eternal life with him. Jesus can change you and he will make you into the person he wants to be if you fully accept him and are prepared to do his will and not your own and not follow your own desires. Have a blessed day😁

I'm 50 and remember a time when I was 14-15 that I kept having confrontations with thoughts that maybe I liked guys, but I know I didn't, so, I was amazed at how persistent they were. Then I began to put 2 and 2 together and realized that these thoughts seemed to be coming to me every time I had to attend a class that was being taught by a gay man. Eventually I found out other guys in my class were being assaulted by the same voices and we determined that these were demonic influences coming across. Now I understand why God commanded that men who were gay be dealt with immediately. They are spiritually infectious! Anyone struggling with these voices, you are not gay! You are being assaulted spiritually. I will pray for you, and thankfully you have the good sense God gave you to understand it is wrong. Resist the voices and they will flee. Memorize a Bible verse and every time that thought occurs, calmly recite it and think of it's meaning. Redirect your mind onto whatsoever is pure! This verse is a good one to memorize;

Php 4:8 KJV Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
I'm 50 and remember a time when I was 14-15 that I kept having confrontations with thoughts that maybe I liked guys, but I know I didn't, so, I was amazed at how persistent they were. Then I began to put 2 and 2 together and realized that these thoughts seemed to be coming to me every time I had to attend a class that was being taught by a gay man. Eventually I found out other guys in my class were being assaulted by the same voices and we determined that these were demonic influences coming across. Now I understand why God commanded that men who were gay be dealt with immediately. They are spiritually infectious! Anyone struggling with these voices, you are not gay! You are being assaulted spiritually. I will pray for you, and thankfully you have the good sense God gave you to understand it is wrong. Resist the voices and they will flee. Memorize a Bible verse and every time that thought occurs, calmly recite it and think of it's meaning. Redirect your mind onto whatsoever is pure! This verse is a good one to memorize;

Php 4:8 KJV Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Spiritually Valid point. What you share here applies to most sins. They are an infectious disease that needs nipped immediately before they go viral. Especially in the household of GOD.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Oh crud. LOL..

I had that backward. Sorry.. Let me try again. As a BOY, you're supposed to be with a GIRL. Not another guy. And the rest of what I said in my other post still applies..

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I'm just curious about something. What are your thoughts or feelings on why God calls the homosexual lifestyle an abomination? Have you asked Him to take these perverse thoughts away from you?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
God doesnt make gay people. Nor does he accept it in his kingdom. Dont let the enemy's temptations and perversions take you off track.
Reject it in the name of Jesus and look at it for what it really is.
Dont take titles of this world and focus on God.
Your 15. You have time. Focus on your school and building up ur life

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Dear op,

Demi777 can speak like she took the exact words from God's mouth, listen to her