Christian but Gay?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

Guys, I need help.

So basically I'm 15, and a committed Christian boy. Like I've been putting God in my daily life and follow His word all the time. There's only one problem - I think I'm gay.

So I've been more attracted to guys over girls, and this has been with me for well over a year now. I really want to date a guy because I feel and act like I'm a stereotypical girl and get crushes over boys. Like there's this really cute drummer at one of my music rehearsals and he acts mature and sensible all the time I really like him.

But, I know God. He doesn't want people to necessarily be same-sex attracted. I don't really know why, but because of this, I'm struggling to cope really badly, and it's very annoying. I'm also developing a tickle fetish for boys as well and I know it's not right. Any advice? Should I be gay?
God sets loving limits on sex, for a reason, it's for our good. The path you are headed down is one of destruction. Our lusts can carry us away. The devil knows that sex is a big weakness for us as human beings. He knows if he piques our curiosity and just gets us to consider the sin, then he has the hook in our jaw. Then we think "well it can't really be that bad. And what began as curiosity turns into sin, and an addiction we can't get rid of, one that destroys our relationship with God. Then the devil tells us " you've gone too far". If you want to please the Lord, you'll leave that curiosity alone. I truly hope you make the right decision.

Feb 2, 2019
Liverpool
Pray for God to relieve you of this sexual deviance, maybe bring it before your pastor and/or church elders for advice and prayer. There is real power in prayer so I'd seek out both scripture and prayer from your church community. Focus on God and the Cross and forsake these sexual idols, let them disgust you as is our natural God given instinct and turn from them.

I wasn't and never was homosexual or had those temptations, but certainly I struggled with lust and temptation of women, a bit like the Biblical David. I felt disgusted by myself, I hated myself and felt a deep shame. When I found freedom in Christ, that turned from myself to the sin itself and the devil. I associate those things with the enemy, and I find it easier to simply turn my gaze away.