Christian "catchphrases"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Well I can't say it's my "favorite" but one that has come up in my life from others?

"Let God be God".

Kind of rolls along with the verse about the creation not saying to the creator "what doest thou"
But the verse doesn't say that you "should" not...it says that it "does not" which to me says says something a little deeper. I digress. Either way, I get impatient in my understanding unto error at times and it has been helpful.

Jan 14, 2021
"Protestant work ethic"

"The Orange and the Green" (Protestants and Roman Catholics)

"Rise above it"

"O ye of little faith"

"God provides"

"Do not put a stumbling block before a learner"

"You shall be judged by the light you were given"

"Do onto others (as you would have them do onto you)"

"Throwing stones in glass houses" / "let he who is without sin throw the first stone"

to "walk on water" for something

to go without something "40 days and nights"

"God is watching" (as a warning to be mindful of your behaviour)

Someone's "cross to bear"

Calling someone "Judas"

Facetiously calling something in the news the nth "sign of the apocalypse"

When someone "washed their hands" of something (to express when someone has committed an egregious dereliction of duty in the name of avoiding uncomfortable confrontation)

"Walk an extra mile"

To be a "good neighbour" or "Good Samaritan"

to be "God-fearing"

to have "God in your heart"

to have a "Guardian Angel"

"Get behind me, Satan!" (directed at someone acting in a poor manner)

"(Hard for thee to) kick against the pricks"

"Let God be your rock"

"The Devil is in the details"

"By the Grace of God"

"Blind leading the blind"

"I was blind but now I see"

"(For the rich to go to heaven is like) squeezing a camel through the eye of a needle"

"Love thy neighbour"

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
"The Lord told me that you are to"--(fill in the blank)

John146

Jan 13, 2016
God is bigger than your problems.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
"We're gonna pray a hedge of protection around you"

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
One that's said in church when something has been said by the preacher that's hard & hits the target:
"Well...."

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
One that's said in church when something has been said by the preacher that's hard & hits the target:
"Well...."
sometimes followed by....well...It's the truth folks and the truth will set you free.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
The preacher sometime will say "Hello" to make sure he has the people's attention after making an important point.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
An old one that is definitely wrong: " God is my co-pilot". If he is to you, you need to change seats.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I like the KJV Bible....but I heard some say "if it was good enough for Paul and Peter then it's good enough for you" which is wrong because Paul and Peter didn't have a KJV Bible...lol