Christian Festivals

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
some people celebrate every day as the Lords Day, others pick special days...what Christan feasts/festivals do you know of or celebrate?

Please share

These are the ones I know of or taken part in

Epiphany
Lent (40 day of fasting)
Ash Wednesday
Pancake day
Good Friday
Passover
Easter sunday (or resurrection day)
Pentecost
White Sunday or Gospel Day
All saints day or All Souls day
Advent
Christmas day or Jesus birthday
the Lords day (every 1st day of the week)
Sabbath (every saturday)
Mothers day
Fathers day
Arbor day
Anzac day or Remebrance day (remebering those killed in wars)

I have heard of these but never celebrated them

Shrove Tuesday
Maundy Thursday
Mardi Gras
Blessing of the animals day

Thers also jewish festivals that many Christians dont celebrate unless they live in Israel

Rosh Hashannah (New Year)
Hannukah
Shauvot
Feast of Tabernacles
Purim

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Pancake day
Good Friday
Passover
Easter sunday (or resurrection day)
Pentecost
White Sunday or Gospel Day
All saints day or All Souls day
Advent
Christmas day or Jesus birthday
the Lords day (every 1st day of the week)

Just the Lord's Day, Christmas, and Easter. :unsure:

I'm thinking about picking up Pancake Day, though. :confused:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Just the Lord's Day, Christmas, and Easter. :unsure:

I'm thinking about picking up Pancake Day, though. :confused:
apparently Pancake Day is the same as Shrove Tuesday. Im not sure what 'Shrove' means though

You need to celebrate passover to understand pancake day though. AKA Feast of unleavened bread.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Also theres Feast of Trumpets aka Rosh Hashanah

This is how we know Jesus returns...at the last trump. Israel will hear it and know what it means

soberxp

May 3, 2018
trump is not trump.

L

Locoponydirtman

Not much into celebrations. I recognize Holidays and what have ya, but Im not much into them myself. I like getting extra days off from work, but i prefer to go fishing or something.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I know it is not now seen as a religious holiday, but it originally was celebrated as one. Thanksgiving is by far my favorite!

Ted01

May 14, 2022
apparently Pancake Day is the same as Shrove Tuesday. Im not sure what 'Shrove' means though

You need to celebrate passover to understand pancake day though. AKA Feast of unleavened bread.

Shrove

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I forgot St Valentines day
I dont celebrate it, but I dont begrduge people that do

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Heb 8:1-2 KJV 1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

I look to heaven.

Christmas, Easter and most to the holidays celebrated today are pagan but were given christian meaning to to make them acceptable.

But i don't judge anyone. Each to their own.

The day the Lord said to remember was the seventh day Sabbath.
I try to keep the sabbath holy each week.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think they have Bible day in Canada

I had a calendar once that had all these different days in it that my country doesnt celebrate or acknowledge.

Every day is named after a saint in catholic culture.

also English have Saint George
Welsh have Saint David
Scots have Saint Andrews
Irish have Saint Patricks day. Of all of them Saint Patricks day is well known, you wear green, but not sure what the symbolism is behind getting drunk?!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I think they have Bible day in Canada

I had a calendar once that had all these different days in it that my country doesnt celebrate or acknowledge.

Every day is named after a saint in catholic culture.

also English have Saint George
Welsh have Saint David
Scots have Saint Andrews
Irish have Saint Patricks day. Of all of them Saint Patricks day is well known, you wear green, but not sure what the symbolism is behind getting drunk?!
Let's all get drunk and call it Saint Lanolin Day! :D

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Methinks it time for me's ta log off. o_O(y):coffee:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I am surprised there is not a feetwashing/pedicure day but apparently thats what Maundy Thursday was.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think all these festivals should be given new, relatable names

Like st Valentines day should be 'Couples day'
and there should be seperate 'wonderful wives day' and 'happy husbands day'

Maundy Thursday can be renamed 'sweet tootsie day'

Christmas Day can be 'Jesus Birthday'

Palm Sunday can be 'Jesus parade day'

The Lords day can be 'Fun Sonday' or 'Break Bread day'

etc. Pancake day can also be named Cracker and hummus day

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It is an interesting study to learn of the feasts and celebrations that God gave us and how different the ones we accept are. Easter and Christmas are the major celebrations of the church, yet there is no mention of them in scripture.

We tie Easter to Passover. Christmas is a celebration not mentioned at all in scripture. It is what Jesus did on the cross that is praised and celebrated the most in scripture. Constantine spoke of Easter being acceptable, but Passover related to the Jews who he hated. Constantine thought Passover shouldn't be celebrated for this reason. He made laws to enforce his view of how we are to celebrate Christ, so many of his views are accepted as right today. The whole world follows Constantine's laws.

It is the stores--our commercial world--that promotes Christmas. Our churches keep Christ in Christmas but the world of the flesh does not. It is the same with Easter.