Christian kicked out of Rugby union for quoting scripture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Okay, so I'm not "into" sports at all, but this little news tidbit jumped into my YouTube feed today:

Israel Folau was said to be in breach of his Rugby contract, they say he violated their "code of conduct" by posting scripture online. Namely, by calling out homosexuality as sin. He has lost $4 million for standing up for Yahweh's Word!
How many athletes would give up money and worldly glory for God?

Mar 21, 2019
Okay, so I'm not "into" sports at all, but this little news tidbit jumped into my YouTube feed today:

Israel Folau was said to be in breach of his Rugby contract, they say he violated their "code of conduct" by posting scripture online. Namely, by calling out homosexuality as sin. He has lost $4 million for standing up for Yahweh's Word!
How many athletes would give up money and worldly glory for God?
Yet when teachers are sacked from Christian schools and organisations for breaching their contract if they support the sodomite lifestyle, the world sees this as wrong somehow. The hypocrisy is incredible.

G

Godsgirl83

Lord THANK YOU for high profile people like Israel Folau who take a stand for Your word! Bless him, let Your glory shine in his life as he endures these trials! Give him favor as he is forced to defend his position!
Pslam 37:23-24
The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;though he may stumble, he will not fall,for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Yet when teachers are sacked from Christian schools and organisations for breaching their contract if they support the sodomite lifestyle, the world sees this as wrong somehow. The hypocrisy is incredible.
Has that happened? I hadn't heard of a case like that. Teachers who stand against sin are to be commended!

Mar 21, 2019
Has that happened? I hadn't heard of a case like that. Teachers who stand against sin are to be commended!
You haven't heard of Christian schools and organisations being persecuted because they got rid of sodomite teachers, or for employing only Christians, or for keeping the Christian faith of their teachers pure? It's been happening for close to a decade, probably more. :)

I think I probably worded my previous statement in a complicated manner, so I've explained more clearly above.

Mar 21, 2019
Is it not better to show love and good works or acts to attract people to Jesus?
Do you not think that sometimes, people need to be warned rather than attracted?

If your son starts holding his hand to the fire, do you say "Wow son! I have an icecream here" to distract him, or do you tell him "That fire will burn you if you touch it"?

May 18, 2019
Engage with the question not ignore the question. Consider the question's point not the opposite of the question.

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
Engage with the question not ignore the question. Consider the question's point not the opposite of the question.
God's love is to warn people of sin
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

To believe in Him you must know you are a sinner to be saved. You must know what sin is to God.

God's first Word to His people after 400 yrs of slience (Bilble scholars) through John the Baptist was to "Repent"
Jesus first message to His people was to "Repent" for they were sinning against God

God is a God of Love but He is also a God of wrath and Judgement

May 18, 2019
Did not also Jesus say to be wise yet also gentle? If we were to use the same sin model today without first showing acts of kindness and love, what good is it to frighten a man yet not also provide the real Jesus - the one who died for mankind including sportsmen and sportswomen for that matter. Any person can say, 'hell-fire' - it doesn't take much. It's an easy answer as it were.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
I wish all Christians would stop with the homosexual bashing. The worst are those who stand on side of street telling homosexuals they are going to hell because they are homosexuals. Totally unproductive. The Enemy want us to engage in the homosexual issues as they know they will win especially as it is legal in most countries. It was stupid for him to make that post. Just causes more division and hatred., We are supposed to be trying to spread "The Good News" not condemn people to hell. Should have put something better up that encourages people to seek Christ, not create walls and division.

People are going to hell for rejecting Jesus, not for being a homosexual. No one is perfect. 1 Corinthians 6:9 is taken out of context and used as a weapon against homosexuals. If someone wants to reject Jesus then they are going to hell, so just let them get on with their life style if its legal. Do we agree with it, no, is it right way to live? NO. Telling people who are living within the laws of the land they are evil for doing so is not going to win them over.

Bring people to know Christ first. Then the transformation begins.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Do you not think that sometimes, people need to be warned rather than attracted?

If your son starts holding his hand to the fire, do you say "Wow son! I have an icecream here" to distract him, or do you tell him "That fire will burn you if you touch it"?
The warning is clear - Reject Jesus and you will perish in hell. Plain and Simple, nothing else is needed. Do not tell people they are going to hell for being homosexual.

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
Did not also Jesus say to be wise yet also gentle? If we were to use the same sin model today without first showing acts of kindness and love, what good is it to frighten a man yet not also provide the real Jesus - the one who died for mankind including sportsmen and sportswomen for that matter. Any person can say, 'hell-fire' - it doesn't take much. It's an easy answer as it were.
Yes this is true but there is a time and season for everything and purpose
A time to be Wise as serpents and harmless as Doves but there is a time to be Bold as a lion and courageous, to stand on Bold Truth
Jesus call the Pharisee hypocrites and generation of vipers (in my culture calling one a snake is very degrading)
The apostles stood up the Pharisees when threaten by stating: Acts 4:18-20 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John answered and said unto them, whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
Missionaries in the field know they can die but are willing for the course. (just proclaiming Jesus is God is a death sentence)
Unfortunately preachers by only preaching love and prosperity and not the full Gospel as in God’s wrath and Judgement on sin and others, compromise the Gospel (my opinion) and Christians can have this pacify view, we are not to offend others on our beliefs
Other religious fractions, they are very bold in proclaiming their gospel to the extent believes are commanded to kill others is they do not believe in their god.
I commend all sportsmen and women are bold to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus from their position
Israel Folau maybe not be a Preacher behind the pulpit but he is proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ

Mar 21, 2019
The warning is clear - Reject Jesus and you will perish in hell. Plain and Simple, nothing else is needed. Do not tell people they are going to hell for being homosexual.
The message of turning to Jesus without the reason for it cannot yield true repentence. The sinfulness of man is part of the gospel message. To deny this is to deny the gospel, to my thinking.

mystic7

Jul 27, 2013
No if you had stated if one rejects the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will perish, I would agree. For as you know Jesus is Word that became flesh
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. This is God’s Word on this lifestyle.
Those who prefer this lifestyle clearly reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ and God gave in to their Will: Romans 1:21-28 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
This why people who prefer this lifestyle must be warn of the Truth. They can accept or reject it is their choice but as Christians it is our duty on proclaim the truth.
For one these people will stand before God on Judgement Day (as Christian) be held in account for our lives on earth.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
The message of turning to Jesus without the reason for it cannot yield true repentence. The sinfulness of man is part of the gospel message. To deny this is to deny the gospel, to my thinking.
Yes, i thought that went without saying, asking for for forgivness and cleansing of sin through blood of Christ. We bring people to know Christ, after they know Christ its up to them to deal with it. We have to be diplomatic with homosexuals as it clearly one of the main battle grounds that Satan is fighting on. Can be the Elephant in the Room, but priority is to encourage people to enter into that initial relationship with Christ, then transformation can begin. Some people struggle with a particular sin all thier life through thier Christian walk. We should not be making such a huge issue over Homosexuality in regards to this. The Bible certainly dosn't.

Mar 21, 2019
Yes, i thought that went without saying, asking for for forgivness and cleansing of sin through blood of Christ. We bring people to know Christ, after they know Christ its up to them to deal with it. We have to be diplomatic with homosexuals as it clearly one of the main battle grounds that Satan is fighting on. Can be the Elephant in the Room, but priority is to encourage people to enter into that initial relationship with Christ, then transformation can begin. Some people struggle with a particular sin all thier life through thier Christian walk. We should not be making such a huge issue over Homosexuality in regards to this. The Bible certainly dosn't.
So how do they know they are sinners if they are not told homosexuality is a sin?

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
No if you had stated if one rejects the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will perish, I would agree. For as you know Jesus is Word that became flesh
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. This is God’s Word on this lifestyle.
Those who prefer this lifestyle clearly reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ and God gave in to their Will: Romans 1:21-28 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
This why people who prefer this lifestyle must be warn of the Truth. They can accept or reject it is their choice but as Christians it is our duty on proclaim the truth.
For one these people will stand before God on Judgement Day (as Christian) be held in account for our lives on earth.
Ok so lets round up all the homosexuals and kill them. Satisfied?

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
So how do they know they are sinners if they are not told homosexuality is a sin?
Did I say you don't? No. I said be diplomatic about it. Do not turn molehills into mountains. We should not be obsessing over one particualr sin.