Christian Metal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 14, 2021
"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." - Matthew 6:10 KJV

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." - Matthew 6:10 KJV

This is actually a cover of the song by the band Manowar.
The song after this one on the album...

My father was a wolf
I'm a kinsman of the slain
Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain
The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will
By divine right hail and kill
Hail, Hail, Hail, Hail and Kill, Hail and Kill
Hail, Hail, Hail, Hail and Kill, Hail and Kill

Rip their flesh
Burn their hearts
Stab them in the eyes
Rape their women as they cry
Kill their servants
Burn their homes
Till there's no blood left to spill

And the song before it...
Odin I await thee
Your true son am I
I hail you now as I die
I pledge you my sword and to no man I kneel
Ours is the Kingdom Of Steel

Jan 14, 2021
This is actually a cover of the song by the band Manowar.
Manowar mainly performs songs dedicated to warrior cultures (with a large focus on Norse). But Manowar also performs material with Christian overtones:

"Oh, I wish, I was in the land of cotton
Old times they are not forgotten
Look away, look away, look away Dixie land

Oh, I wish, I was in Dixie away, away
In Dixie land I'll take my stand
To live and die in Dixie

Dixie land where I was born
Early Lord, one frosty morning

Glory, glory, Hallelujah
Glory, glory, Hallelujah
Glory, glory, Hallelujah
This truth is marching on

So hush little baby, don't you cry
You know your daddy's bound to die
All my trials Lord, will soon be over

Glory, glory, Hallelujah

This truth is marching on"

Should we judge songs by their association? Or by their content? Even if we are to judge by association and point a finger at Manowar, Sabaton has a wide range of songs about Christian history including battles and righteous crusades. Kingdom Come was written in a way that might speak differently to different people, but it very specifically meshes well with Christian imagery and that is exactly what Sabaton ran with.

Another example of this kind of "conversion by association" would be Trent Reznor's Hurt. Hurt was likely intended as a song about nihilism but was later covered by Johnny Cash from a Christian perspective (changing a word and relating the lyrics to Christian imagery). Should we be critical of Johnny Cash's Hurt because of other songs Trent Reznor had written?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Manowar mainly performs songs dedicated to warrior cultures (with a large focus on Norse). But Manowar also performs material with Christian overtones:

"Oh, I wish, I was in the land of cotton
Old times they are not forgotten

Oh, I wish, I was in Dixie away, away
In Dixie land I'll take my stand
To live and die in Dixie

Dixie land where I was born
Early Lord, one frosty morning

Glory, glory, Hallelujah
Glory, glory, Hallelujah
Glory, glory, Hallelujah

So hush little baby, don't you cry
You know your daddy's bound to die
All my trials Lord, will soon be over

Glory, glory, Hallelujah

This truth is marching on"

Should we judge songs by their association? Or by their content? Even if we are to judge by association and point a finger at Manowar, Sabaton has a wide range of songs about Christian history including battles and righteous crusades. Kingdom Come was written in a way that might speak differently to different people, but it very specifically meshes well with Christian imagery and that is exactly what Sabaton ran with.

Another example of this kind of "conversion by association" would be Trent Reznor's Hurt. Hurt was likely intended as a song about nihilism but was later covered by Johnny Cash from a Christian perspective (changing a word and relating the lyrics to Christian imagery). Should we be critical of Johnny Cash's Hurt because of other songs Trent Reznor had written?
So it's your belief that people that write songs about nihilism or vowing allegiance to Norse gods, rape and murder can also write Christian music?
And what Sabaton writes about is irrelevant to this because their lyrics and themes are not the point.
And they are a band that writes about history, simply including religious points of history does not make it Christian.

But I said nothing about criticizing a song because of who wrote it, despite your accusations. But labeling something Christian by a band that writes music about worship to false gods, rape, murder, keeping women chained as sex slaves and demons is a big stretch.

"No road back, I never will return
Into the fire of hell I will burn
And die, die, die into the house of death
And die, die, die into the fire of hell...

Into the darkness I command my soul
Never shall I repent, never shall I be saved
I go into the house of death
Before my last breath my enemies all shall die"

Jan 14, 2021
So it's your belief that people that write songs about nihilism or vowing allegiance to Norse gods, rape and murder can also write Christian music?
Yes, absolutely. Unless you are judging songs by association rather than content. Answer the Johnny Cash question and you will have the answer for yourself.

And what Sabaton writes about is irrelevant to this because their lyrics and themes are not the point.
They reinterpreted the song, they are absolutely relevant.

And they are a band that writes about history, simply including religious points of history does not make it Christian.
A song about Christianity is thematically Christian.

But I said nothing about criticizing a song because of who wrote it
Yes you did. You literally started criticizing a song because you didn't like who wrote it.

labeling something Christian by a band that writes music about worship to false gods, rape, murder, keeping women chained as sex slaves and demons is a big stretch.
I think your argument here is that the song didn't originate from a Christian band. Correct, but you aren't talking about the song at that point, you're talking about the band. This comes back to the Johnny Cash question.

"[Random Satanic lyrics from a song that no one posted]"
Kingdom Come lyrics:

See the white light
The light within
Be your own disciple
Fan the sparks of will
For all of us waiting
Our kingdom has come
Rays of power shining
Rays of magic fall
On the golden voice that speaks within us all
For all of us waiting