Christian Metalcore fans!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

holyzeal

Sep 29, 2016
I know you're out there!

Whether you go back to the Zao days, grew up on For Today and Becoming the Archetype,

What are some of your favorite bands?

End of Age - Becoming the Archetype

I was listening to that this morning, love that album!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I know you're out there!

Whether you go back to the Zao days, grew up on For Today and Becoming the Archetype,

Actually you can probably count the number of metalcore fans on this site with one hand.

I never viewed BTA as core. And when they first released they were even advertised as death metal, which also seemed iffy.

Personally I'm not much of a core fan. There are some good albums, but I find the vocals boring and repetitious. War Of Ages always struck me as the epitome of cookie cutter metalcore. Except for some of their album covers, which were cool.

Some core i do listen to is old school DH, Some KsE, Light The Torch. I rememeber old school Zao back in the day. I was into them back then, but every release seemed less and less interesting. For Today was cool at first, but quickly became boring.
Typically it's the vocals that make it hard to listen to. Even non-core bands that use those vocals bore me.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I know you're out there!

I like both Becoming The Archetype and For Today. I'm also a big fan of Demon Hunter and In The Midst of Lions. I have also recently got into Tourniquet and The Letter Black

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I like both Becoming The Archetype and For Today. I'm also a big fan of Demon Hunter and In The Midst of Lions. I have also recently got into Tourniquet and The Letter Black
There have been a variety of Tourniquet versions (none of which fit "core"), which are you listening to? I rememeber when they released their first CD. Loved their first three albums, and enjoyed a few others. Their first album being my favorite.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
There have been a variety of Tourniquet versions (none of which fit "core"), which are you listening to? I rememeber when they released their first CD. Loved their first three albums, and enjoyed a few others. Their first album being my favorite.
I'm new to them but I'm starting with "Crawl to China"

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I'm new to them but I'm starting with "Crawl to China"
That one was pretty good. Definitely had some good songs on it.
The drummer is the main song writer. Insane drummer. But also plays other instruments. Their first album the guitars blew everyone away. Turned out the drummer wrote most of the guitar parts as well. He's also heavily influenced by classical music. He's done several solo albums, each in a different genre.

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
I'd identify more as a classic rock fan, but there's a decent amount of metalcore I like.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I like some stuff from In The Midst of Lions, Saving Grace, Impending Doom, there's more, I'm just trying to recall off the top of my head what's somewhere in my playlist... I like more brutal sounding bands without screamo vocals. But it's a side thing, I'm mostly an unblack metal fan. :)

holyzeal

Sep 29, 2016
I like some stuff from In The Midst of Lions, Saving Grace, Impending Doom, there's more, I'm just trying to recall off the top of my head what's somewhere in my playlist... I like more brutal sounding bands without screamo vocals. But it's a side thing, I'm mostly an unblack metal fan. :)

Yeah buddyyyyyyy! Impending doom is soo good.

You heard of Slechtvalk? Christian Black Metal!

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Yeah buddyyyyyyy! Impending doom is soo good.

You heard of Slechtvalk? Christian Black Metal!
Yes, one of my favorite bands! Also Antestor, Crimson Moonlight, with Slechtvalk probably my top 3 fav metal bands... then Vials of Wrath, Vardoger, Hortor... God is stripping everything away from the wimpy followers of satan, they don't have real hardcoreness in them only posership, and it's being revealed. They can only keep moaning and crying how black metal can't be Christian as even that is being taken away from them by superior bands who glorify God, they thought they had something you can't blame them, lol :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Yes, one of my favorite bands! Also Antestor, Crimson Moonlight, with Slechtvalk probably my top 3 fav metal bands... then Vials of Wrath, Vardoger, Hortor... God is stripping everything away from the wimpy followers of satan, they don't have real hardcoreness in them only posership, and it's being revealed. They can only keep moaning and crying how black metal can't be Christian as even that is being taken away from them by superior bands who glorify God, they thought they had something you can't blame them, lol :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
They're not going to stop complaining because it's been 30 years now. I was a teen when Horde - Helig Usvart was released. Now I'm 44.
But most BM fans anymore are nothing like the the originators. OG BM would look at most modern BM and murder them in their sleep for being commercial posers. And even some of those old school guys became pathetic shells of what they once were and "sold out".
It's only those moms basement recording bands still whining. Most BM fans and bands are nothing what the originators intended it to be.

P

planitsoon

I also identify more with the classic rock. I remember still like yesterday, finding my wife in 2010 in agony in our living room at 2am and after rebuking the symptoms one by one in Jesus Name which took all up about 20 minutes too watch it all go, we won that battle and celebrated with te song "Dancing on the head on the serpent" from Jerusalem!!! :) It's an old eightees song but the lyrics were very relevant. We have dealt with a lot of witchcraft crap and the demonic in our house. Adult friends hav been choked and woken up as well. At least now the lyrics become so much more real in our lives :)

Fly75

Apr 15, 2020
I'm more on the side of FFAK or Wage War.