Christian Poetry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NINA4610

Mar 3, 2020
is any poetry that contains Christian teachings, themes, or references.

jacobus

Feb 16, 2021
.John Milton par excellence. George Herbert. Gerard Manley Hopkins. Francis Thomson. John Donne. Dante. ...

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Edwin Markham is a favorite of mine. I found a large book in a used book store, "Masters of Religious Verse" edited by James Morrison. It is enormous, full of beautiful things from authors both known and unknown.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
is any poetry that contains Christian teachings, themes, or references.
I actually write Christian poetry here is one of them and forgive me for any mispelling my fingers type so fast when I get into this I sometimes misspell

What I long to say I am mute, what I long to hear I am deaf. Where I long to walk I am crippled, where I cry for purity and healing I am a leper. How my soul cries for clarity oh Lord, how my heart seeks and listens but hears no sound. To my king, my beloved my cherished one hear your servants cries, let him that has ear to hear hear, let him that has tongue to speak speak let him that has feet follow.

For my soul my king is torn entwine. my spirit speaks things I know not nor can I confide in, my heart sings a song in which I know the tune but not the words and my mind ponders but dismisses. It is to my desperation oh precious one that your servant cries, in the only way that he knows he writes to his king.

For indeed desperate am I and silent is your lips, your spirit flows with each song every word spoken and every moving image but alas I cannot hear nor do I understand. To you I write in hope, in your I leave my prayer. If you should speak to me lord then let me hear, if I hear let me listen. If I listen let me understand, if I understand then let me move.
For I hear it father as a small voice, I feel it lord as a stirring fire, I sense it lord as a river of water and yet the bedrocks cascade the flow and I in my weakness cannot drink. To you father I beg to you my love I come in desperate need. If you should speak to your servant then let your words roar like thunder so that even the deaf can hear, if you should show him wonders in visions then let it be as brilliant as the sky so that even the blind can see.

If you speak such things to your servants heart he would listen, if you would show him such things he could see. As a scholar he years to understand, as an artist he craves to paint as a sinner he dreams of your righteousness. But my lord as you have spoken things to your servant and stirred his spirit will you not hear his soul in it's cries? can you not see my king how he seeks, how he knocks, how he asks but the door remains locked?

For you know why I write, you hear what my heart sings and what my soul cries, you know my lord all that oppose me all that stumbles me. You know all I ask and in why I ask. And so in according to your word my king for you are not a liar let him who ask be given

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
@Blain, as I read your writing this Psalm came to my mind...... May the Lord fulfill all thy petitions. :love:(y)

Psalm 20 King James Version (KJV)
20 The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;

2 Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;

3 Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.

4 Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.

5 We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the Lord fulfil all thy petitions. :love:(y)

6 Now know I that the Lord saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

8 They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.

9 Save, Lord: let the king hear us when we call.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Ok, I'm going to try :

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I read my bible every day, and so should you.

Feb 28, 2016
if The Spirit leads with heartfelt words, then speak them...