Christian Rap that is not cheesy, actually has biblical themes, and actually good :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 1, 2014
machew...uh...why are you defending RAP? shouldn't you be defending JESUS and what HE stood for? A person who cannot sing at all, no tone, no sweet voice...has nothing left but to rap.....to utter continuing lines of rhyming NOTHINGS...big deal....why not rap out your epitaph and have it carved on your tombstone if you want to pay homage to rap music and it's rappers. sheesh!
What you need is a good dose of bluegrass gospel..that's right..the twangy snuff spittin' banjo pickin' jug blowing foot stompin' spoon on the knee slappin' music sung by toothless grisly bearded former moonshiners..yes! why, they were not told to be born in dem dar hills...dey be part of duh environment dat be as bad as duh hood! why, a polecat might jest eatem up when dey pass out on duh ground! Dat's right...dem lbillies shood be respected, jest becauze day have hard times overcoming their shortcomin's.

U

Ugly

This guy got saved about a year or two ago. He was a popular secular rapper before that.

[video=youtube;O9T9JA4pmXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9T9JA4pmXg[/video]

B

BeyondET

What tattoos I didn't see any??

B

BeyondET

What tattoos I didn't see any??
O I got now never mind ya'll I hear it now, it was a charlatan trying to tempt me in thinking that and we all know once that creeps in then the aluminum foil goes up on the Windows and a foil hat on the head for something or the gov. is spying out to get me and now these teeth need pulling because there is a transmitter attached to it And don't forget to burn the pizza too cause a bug has been planted on it.

when you live to not fear death knowing 100% the God of meracles can rise the dead in body and in the spirit the fear is gone thats the life of a soldier of God for the strong soldier on the front line sees nor hears all the charlation toys of distraction. Remember a charlation will never give you a choice to decide either truth or false. God will always give you a choice even on the front lines are you willing and strong enough if you doubt it's ok move to the soup line and hand out food for the soldier back from battle.

Battle test 101 by a bios mind one can see and hear the choices, if there's no choice in the song or in life then you know it's not a message from A God soldiers heart by the way I was one of those in the vid who's mouth was sewn shut in the vid many soldiers still are and need to be awaken God works in mysterious ways to help a drowning soul and the soldier knows this as well for he can't do battle if his not willing to go the extra mile even death. Example of wording (dang nabbit) what comes to your mind exactly...see what I mean WTF and no it's not that the curse word I'm thinking What The Freak. be aware not weary of temption for a death face will break your fists if your not aware stand on solid ground and fight with proper footing.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZlAt1IyyA[/video]

Dec 1, 2014
BeyondET...wow..you responded to your own quote. Very rare, very disturbing and a very wasted time to be had by all who read it.

B

BeyondET

BeyondET...wow..you responded to your own quote. Very rare, very disturbing and a very wasted time to be had by all who read it.
Have a seat deaf n blind mouth sewn shut. the front line is not for you!! Unless you willing to fight.

B

BeyondET

[video=youtube;Z9t8R_RF_AU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9t8R_RF_AU[/video]

B

BeyondET

machew...uh...why are you defending RAP? shouldn't you be defending JESUS and what HE stood for? A person who cannot sing at all, no tone, no sweet voice...has nothing left but to rap.....to utter continuing lines of rhyming NOTHINGS...big deal....why not rap out your epitaph and have it carved on your tombstone if you want to pay homage to rap music and it's rappers. sheesh!
What you need is a good dose of bluegrass gospel..that's right..the twangy snuff spittin' banjo pickin' jug blowing foot stompin' spoon on the knee slappin' music sung by toothless grisly bearded former moonshiners..yes! why, they were not told to be born in dem dar hills...dey be part of duh environment dat be as bad as duh hood! why, a polecat might jest eatem up when dey pass out on duh ground! Dat's right...dem lbillies shood be respected, jest becauze day have hard times overcoming their shortcomin's.
My question to you my friend do you want moonshine or the water from the river a choice.

[video=youtube;Cf15dgLDNwo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf15dgLDNwo[/video]

B

BeyondET

[video=youtube;5bhoaDAoPHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bhoaDAoPHk[/video]

S

skylove7

I don't see how any gospel lyric can be cheezy...

Now if you scratchin on a wash board and bee box Psalms
Ummmm maybe lol

I like Lacrae alot :)

S

skylove7

Lol
This thread has me listening to my top three Lecrae faves now....
'Nuthin'...'Fear' and 'All I Need Is You' :)

S

SL33PY

What is the true definition of Christian Rap? Does it exclude profanity and particular themes. Honestly, I used to listen to a lot of hip hop and rap but that was during the 90s - The Golden Age of Rap. I hear some people argue that Kendrick Lamar is a Christian Rap artist (example - "I'm Dying of Thirst")

B

BeyondET

What is the true definition of Christian Rap? Does it exclude profanity and particular themes. Honestly, I used to listen to a lot of hip hop and rap but that was during the 90s - The Golden Age of Rap. I hear some people argue that Kendrick Lamar is a Christian Rap artist (example - "I'm Dying of Thirst")
Rap is Rap no matter if it's in 90's or today it's a style of playing music, Christian isn't always Christian for a true Christian is measured by the heart which God approves and no one else.

like the movie Passion of the Christ the person who follows Jesus is called Passion for the Christ thus shares the same heart.

S

SL33PY

Rap is Rap no matter if it's in 90's or today it's a style of playing music, Christian isn't always Christian for a true Christian is measured by the heart which God approves and no one else.

like the movie Passion of the Christ the person who follows Jesus is called Passion for the Christ thus shares the same heart.
So is it a sin to listen and enjoy rap music with profanity. That is something that I am always confused about because a lot of the music on mainstream radio are probably not Christian oriented.

B

BeyondET

So is it a sin to listen and enjoy rap music with profanity. That is something that I am always confused about because a lot of the music on mainstream radio are probably not Christian oriented.
Again that's your choice but I will say this is it healthy or unhealthy for your journey with God in your life. You can Turn the channel or not turn the channel because you can you have complete control of the radio in your car or house. You have to see for yourself measure your (will and strength of armor) you have.
Now if your at a red light and the car next too you is pumping the bass with profanity, two choices again run the red light that's not good right or is it? or wait till it turns green and move forward another self measure of will and strength.

in the company of other people using profanity that's a whole another ball game there's a lot of veritables depending on the relationship you have with them family/friends/coworker/ etc and the values in place. though will and strength is always present.

B

BeyondET

Side note referring to battle test 101 above is there a message in the song Be guided by your heart if it is or isn't.

B

BeyondET

Profanity it's self isn't good at all or is it? times when its indord for a reason the fear wall is conquered your closer to the front line which isn't for the faint of hearts.

B

BeyondET

[video=youtube;jd4rza25NkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4rza25NkA[/video]

T

Tintin

Sometimes you make some great posts. And sometimes you don't...

B

BeyondET

Sometimes you make some great posts. And sometimes you don't...
This got my giggle button pushed in

though in his defense I'm guilty too Lord knows we all are from time to time haha.