Christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 21, 2009
Christians, when's the last time you went to a Catholic, Mormon, JW what ever other site to chit chat about God?

E

eternally-gratefull

Christians, when's the last time you went to a Catholic, Mormon, JW what ever other site to chit chat about God?
I just got kicked out of a catholic site I was sent to. Even though many in there said I was different and not coming to catholic bash. There is no tolerance in any of these sites. Thank God this site is not like this!!

S

SantoSubito

I was just posting on a Catholic forum a few minutes ago.

I just got kicked out of a catholic site I was sent to. Even though many in there said I was different and not coming to catholic bash. There is no tolerance in any of these sites. Thank God this site is not like this!!
Don't take it to personally, eternally. I've been kicked out of Baptist forums before even though I never uttered an unkind word against Baptists or Protestants in general while I was there. This forum allows a decently wide range of discussion because it is not partial to one particular part of Christianity, though it is dominated by Evangelicals.

May 21, 2009
Muslims get kicked out of here right away when they put verses from the Quran. I think we could be as tolerant of them as with the others who talk the stuff against Gods teaching.
grateful, what was the point of you going there? I remember a lady not too long ago who said I think that she was Jewish and she went to a Jewish site and they made it clear to her they didn't want to hear anything about Jesus.

H

Hearer

what does it take to be a christian? One confession (sinners prayer) or one profession (saying you accept Jesus)?

Well I confess to be a sinner and I profess that I accept Jesus as my Lord. But I believe it is biblical to have a service on aerth like the heavenly service in the book of Revelation which is only found in the catholic church. Does my confession and profession not count even though I do it daily?

May 21, 2009
what does it take to be a christian? One confession (sinners prayer) or one profession (saying you accept Jesus)?

Well I confess to be a sinner and I profess that I accept Jesus as my Lord. But I believe it is biblical to have a service on aerth like the heavenly service in the book of Revelation which is only found in the catholic church. Does my confession and profession not count even though I do it daily?

Revelation 17:5
And on her forehead there was inscribed a name of mystery [with a secret symbolic meaning]: Babylon the great, the mother of prostitutes (idolatresses) and of the filth and atrocities and abominations of the earth.

Are you talking about this?

H

Hearer

Revelation 17:5
And on her forehead there was inscribed a name of mystery [with a secret symbolic meaning]: Babylon the great, the mother of prostitutes (idolatresses) and of the filth and atrocities and abominations of the earth.

Are you talking about this?
what mystery do you refer to? I see that it refers to gnostics who believe in secret knowledge and sexual immorality; neither of which have to do with Catholicism.

But this has:
  1. Revelation 5:8
    And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
  2. Revelation 8:3
    Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne.
  3. Revelation 8:4
    The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel's hand.
  4. 9Then the angel said to me, Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' And he added, These are the true words of God.
  5. 9 After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no-one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb...
  6. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice: Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.
  7. ...saying: Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honour and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!
  8. 13Then one of the elders asked me, These in white robes— who are they, and where did they come from? 14 I answered, Sir, you know. And he said, These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
  9. 15 Therefore, they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. 16 Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. 17 For the Lamb at the centre of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

May 21, 2009
what mystery do you refer to? I see that it refers to gnostics who believe in secret knowledge and sexual immorality; neither of which have to do with Catholicism.

But this has:
  1. Revelation 5:8
    And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
  2. Revelation 8:3
    Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne.
  3. Revelation 8:4
    The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel's hand.
  4. 9Then the angel said to me, Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' And he added, These are the true words of God.
  5. 9 After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no-one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb...
  6. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice: Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.
  7. ...saying: Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honour and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!
  8. 13Then one of the elders asked me, These in white robes— who are they, and where did they come from? 14 I answered, Sir, you know. And he said, These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
  9. 15 Therefore, they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. 16 Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. 17 For the Lamb at the centre of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

mother of prostitutes (idolatresses)

H

Hearer

mother of prostitutes (idolatresses)
is worshipping Jesus who is the image of the father on earth idolatry? Jesus opened the way for images which is why all christians have bnativity scenes at christmas.

Also God himsellf designed the ark of the covenant to be holy and it looked like this:

18 And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover.

19 Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends. 20 The cherubim are to have their wings spread upwards, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking towards the cover.

so how does that fit with the commandment of not making images of anything in heaven or on earth?

If we are instructed that our images or structures are approved by God then they do not fit the practices of the idolatrous nations which are outside the Father and outside Christ who is also the image of the Father.

In the OT people were also approved to bow to the temple in Jerusalem, which is a man-made object.

Psalm 5:7
But I, by your great mercy, will come into your house; in reverence will I bow down towards your holy temple.

Psalm 138:2
I will bow down towards your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
So did I! I think I know which one you're referring to. They were not very open to hearing my thoughts. It wasn't like I was aggressive or anything..

S

SantoSubito

So did I! I think I know which one you're referring to. They were not very open to hearing my thoughts. It wasn't like I was aggressive or anything..
Was it Catholic Answers by chance? And I don't mean to be mean or anything, but lots of the stuff you've posted here wouldn't fly in a Catholic forum; for reasons that should be evident to you.

May 21, 2009
I'm sorry to hear you got out of Catholic places. I guess I was wondering why other churches come here. Is it that they think we will turn our backs on our God or what. I'm happy they come here cause maybe if they hear a million times they are wrong maybe even one will repent. I would hope so.
I keep thinking about all the people who will be left behind. In the first half of the trib they will finally realize we were right and repent. People who are left behind will remember then what was preached to them. I wished we all served the same God.

S

SantoSubito

I'm sorry to hear you got out of Catholic places. I guess I was wondering why other churches come here. Is it that they think we will turn our backs on our God or what. I'm happy they come here cause maybe if they hear a million times they are wrong maybe even one will repent. I would hope so.
I keep thinking about all the people who will be left behind. In the first half of the trib they will finally realize we were right and repent. People who are left behind will remember then what was preached to them. I wished we all served the same God.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "other churches", since Protestantism isn't one big monolith of a church. Do you mean Evangelicals? If so as I pointed out in another thread Evangelicals only make up a fraction of the 1/4 or so of all Christians that are Protestant. In fact outside of America, Evangelicalism simply has little to no presence.

Jul 3, 2011
What about Calvinist? They are just as deceived as any of these other pseudo christian religions

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Was it Catholic Answers by chance? And I don't mean to be mean or anything, but lots of the stuff you've posted here wouldn't fly in a Catholic forum; for reasons that should be evident to you.
There is nothing wrong with sharing the truth with others. Banning an individual for doing that shows a decision to not be open minded. Therefore they should not accept Christians on the site, just Catholics.

It escapes me as to how the bible has been ignored by so many. All the answers are in it. If you just sat down to read from beginning to end it will reveal the truth. Anyone who isn't willing, I'm afraid, is in denial.

A

AnandaHya

There is nothing wrong with sharing the truth with others. Banning an individual for doing that shows a decision to not be open minded. Therefore they should not accept Christians on the site, just Catholics.

It escapes me as to how the bible has been ignored by so many. All the answers are in it. If you just sat down to read from beginning to end it will reveal the truth. Anyone who isn't willing, I'm afraid, is in denial.
I agree that if God allows it all should read the Bible from cover to cover, but sometimes God's ways are not our ways. Some people can not physically read the Bible on their own due to medical and circumstances out of their control. However I believe that the Holy Spirit guides and reveals His truth to those people because God's power is beyond written words but also can be spoken into the hearts of His chosen and beloved children.

I like this forum/chat site because it defines Christian by the critique that the Bible gives.

you see anyone can say the words. only God reveals the heart through their words. Only the Holy Spirit helps to divide the truth from the lies.

but there are guidelines for what is allowed and what is not even on this site:

here are they if you missed them:

1still_waters Offline
Administrator

Re: When you have concerns about vibrant and heated discussions, please read this.

I guess I assumed everyone knew what the essentials are...

Here are examples of the essentials...
(Thise are here to give a general idea of what is essential to the faith, it's not a comprehensive doctrinal statement from this site.)

1. The deity of Jesus.
2. The inspiration and authority of the Bible as found in the 66 books of the Bible.
3. Faith in the crucixition, death and resurrection of Jesus is the only way to reconcile you to relationship with God.
4. Jesus is coming back again!
5. Believers should seek to live for God and not the world.

I may have missed some, but that should give you an idea.

Timing of end times events isn't an essential. Calvinism vs non calvinism isn't an essential. Which version of the Bible to read isn't generally an essential, unless it's a version made by a sect that teaches against the esssentials of the faith.

Those should give you an idea. That list isn't comphrensive. If you have a question about something, send me a CC mail and I'll get back to you on it.

http://christianchat.com/bible-disc...t-vibrant-heated-discussions-please-read.html

H

Hearer

catholics believe in:

1. The deity of Jesus.
2. The inspiration and authority of the Bible as found in the 66 books of the Bible.
3. Faith in the crucixition, death and resurrection of Jesus is the only way to reconcile you to relationship with God.

we jsut celebrate it differently, with a liturgy based on the book of revelation and the wedding feast of the Lamb.

we also believe the church is ancient and that its history helps us understand difficult passages in fresh ways, Like the good samaritan represnting not only the saviour and the saved bit also the inn and the innkeeper as a type of the church.

the rest sems to be fodder for catholic-bashing by some fundies.

A

AnandaHya

catholics believe in:

1. The deity of Jesus.

we jsut celebrate it differently, with a liturgy based on the book of revelation and the wedding feast of the Lamb.

we also believe the church is ancient and that its history helps us understand difficult passages in fresh ways, Like the good samaritan represnting not only the saviour and the saved bit also the inn and the innkeeper as a type of the church.

the rest sems to be fodder for catholic-bashing by some fundies.
i don't have problems with people from any denominations or even from other religions. I think the worst type of deception is self deception. believing you are something when you are not.

For example:

believing your works will ever be enough to make up for all the sins you have committed in your life with out the imputed righteous of Jesus to make you clean enough to approach the throne of God.

Or

believing that you are more righteous then your brothers and sisters in Christ because some how God loves you more then the others and have given you more gifts and thus you should Lord over them and condemn them and tell them lies like they are unworthy and demon possessed instead of praying to God when you see them under attack and giving them the love and encouragement that will strengthen their faith and enable them to resist the fiery arrows of the enemy.

Or

believing that you are right and all others are wrong and need to be shunned for not believing in your righteousness but instead resting their faith on Christ and His promise of salvation.

there are more but you get the idea...

I tend to respect the people who are truthful if not to me and the world, at least to themselves and their own heart and the Holy Spirit.

H

Hearer

i don't have problems with people from any denominations or even from other religions. I think the worst type of deception is self deception. believing you are something when you are not.

For example:

believing your works will ever be enough to make up for all the sins you have committed in your life with out the imputed righteous of Jesus to make you clean enough to approach the throne of God.

Or

believing that you are more righteous then your brothers and sisters in Christ because some how God loves you more then the others and have given you more gifts and thus you should Lord over them and condemn them and tell them lies like they are unworthy and demon possessed instead of praying to God when you see them under attack and giving them the love and encouragement that will strengthen their faith and enable them to resist the fiery arrows of the enemy.

Or

believing that you are right and all others are wrong and need to be shunned for not believing in your righteousness but instead resting their faith on Christ and His promise of salvation.

there are more but you get the idea...

I tend to respect the people who are truthful if not to me and the world, at least to themselves and their own heart and the Holy Spirit.
I do not believe any of these things you haver mentioned as options. Especially I believe that grace comes first before we are able to do any works, We are saved for works not by works.

Ephesians 2:10

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.