Christianity in a box

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

goasia

Some people , such as myself, place Biblical Scripture above personal opinion.

The name given to us is Biblical Fundamentalist's.

The so called God in a box analogy is used when people want to insert feelings or practices that are not Biblically sound, such as homosexuality
or choose to omit teachings that are clearly outlined in scripture.

The Bible and how one chooses to apply it to their life is where this division occurs.
How do you know the whole bible is 100% the true word of god?
If it's a matter of "faith".... you might have faith in the wrong kind of thing.
The only thing I trust 100% is god, jesus and the holy spirit.

As it happens, human beings have written down the bible.
Human beings are subsceptable to deception.
I don't want to be lead astray by having faith in people, who supposedly are genuine, but are actually deceived.

I believe in jesus,
see my self as a born again christian,
but do not accept everything written in the bible as fact just yet...

The best trick i use to know whether something is right or wrong,
is when i feel if it pushes me away from god... or if brings me closer to it.

I feel god every moment, and when i sin...
I feel a distance grows between me and god,
until perhaps god is totally unperceivable to me, depending on how much i lose myself in sin.

Especially the words of jesus usually ring very true to me.
Other parts in the bible, i can be more distrustful towards.

Last edited by a moderator:

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
Yes but you have to be real carefull that you're not telling these homosexuals they are going to hell. To say who goes to hell is Jesus's decision, and His alone! See Matthew 7:1 In this verse, Jesus is talking about critism.
I already addressed the judging thing in a previous post right before posting some verses that clearly tell me acting on homosexual feelings is a sin.
God's word judges.

Also Jonthan thought that his love for David was better than the love of women. (2 Sam 1:26) Some have used this to support homosexuality.
To say that is speaking of homosexuality is a big stretch to me. It looks like he's just finding a way to express how great his love is for his brother. Pure, strong, love.

You know, the Bible condons slavery (Colossian 4:1, 1 Tim 6:1-2) But times have changed, and we now condemn that. Likewise, maybe homosexuality was condemned, but time has changed, now we accept it.
I'd have to say that's bullsheep. It's also relativism.
If we're going to use that logic, then maybe sex before marriage is okay with God now, and maybe 100 years from now we can steal and murder...cause after all, times are changing and we get to change things how we see fit.

Hebrews 13: 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

God and his truth do not change. I firmly believe in absolute truth.

Why would you split with a church that has so many doctrines you agree with, over one doctrine? Why would you go to a church less your fancy, doesn't fit your theology as well, because the church you went to accepts homosexuality? You're not only missing out on what you could be learning otherwise, but it strikes me as a form of pride.
I've never gone to a church that says something the Bible clearly speaks against as sin is okay. I never will. That is not pride. That is conviction. That's holding steadfast to God's teachings. My goal is to submit to him and his ways, his will.

That's where I'm going to step out of this thread as a poster. I have said everything I wanted to say as clearly as I know how. I will keep reading, I just don't have anything additional to say in this thread.
I want you to know I have read what you (and others) are saying and I think I do get where you're coming from. However, I disagree with things. (This sentence was sponsored by Captain Obvious, coming to a thread near you!). :)

A

allforfun

I realize now why I can never quite understand Liamson's posts but many women do... he's speaking Girlese! :)
I can give you a seminar. You will be bored, in a trance and many drool by the time they have had an insight into my brain. They also request a helmet and shake whenever they go by an electric outlet. Yet, I give the seminars for free, make an appointment :p

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I ordered Rosetta stone for Esperanto but, I received Estrogenese instead. :p

Aug 2, 2009
I can give you a seminar. You will be bored, in a trance and many drool by the time they have had an insight into my brain. They also request a helmet and shake whenever they go by an electric outlet. Yet, I give the seminars for free, make an appointment :p
God wanted to reward Job for passing his incredibly arduous trial so He said "Job, because you have kept your faith through all I put you through, I will grant you one wish. What would you like?" Job thought for a minute and then said, "I would love it if there was a bridge from here to Hawaii because my family and I have always wanted to visit there and my new wife gets terrible seasickness so we can't travel by boat." God thought about it and then said, "I'm sorry Job but building a bridge from here to Hawaii is just not possible. The oceans run too deep and the bottom is just too soft to support a bridge. I'm sorry but I can not do it. Is there anything else you would like instead?" Job thought for a second and then said, "I have always wanted to understand women." Upon hearing this God hung His head down and then said to Job, "Would you like that bridge to be one lane or two lanes?"

:D

Last edited:
N

NukePooch

I ordered Rosetta stone for Esperanto but, I received Estrogenese instead. :p
...and it came in 837 one-hour-long CD's, none of which had anything to do with any of the others. but the liner art was all gorgeous.

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
That's where I'm going to step out of this thread as a poster. I have said everything I wanted to say as clearly as I know how. I will keep reading, I just don't have anything additional to say in this thread.
I want you to know I have read what you (and others) are saying and I think I do get where you're coming from. However, I disagree with things. (This sentence was sponsored by Captain Obvious, coming to a thread near you!). :)
I can't say I commend division in the Body of Christ, but I don't blame you for your views, as I used to hold them myself.

Thanks for saying you understand. We can certainly agree to disagree. Thanks for your civil debate. No hard feelings!

In Christ and with sisterly love,
Jamie

J

Jullianna

...and it came in 837 one-hour-long CD's, none of which had anything to do with any of the others. but the liner art was all gorgeous.
You also get a free pair of shoes

G

GreenNnice

Its very true but we have to remember that Religion and pursuing God don't always go hand and hand. Too many people thing Christianity is a religion when in reality it is a personal relationship with God. If we want Revival to come, we need to seek his face instead of being Sunday Christians.
----
Wisely said.

)))((((
If we GET our relationship right with God...then everything else will fall into place. We humans are way toooo hard on ourselves and unfortunately that poisonous thought stretches to others in our box, as in church, when its simple to escape that box-thought thinking by pursuing a deeper Christ relationship (notice I dididn't say 'deeper Christ knowledge')