Christianity, the word derives from to be christ like has been the most offensive religion the world has ever known. From bombing abortion clinics, to taking up arms to fight isis in the name of Christ. From the crusades to anti semitisim Christianity is by far the hardest religion to understand. I am a christian and though I take no part in any of the above I ask God to forgive those that do, regardless of what is true and holy saints these are our roots. No wonder our effects on this world are becoming null and void. Not that we should ever give up but the body of Christ needs Christ more than ever before. If we were given the privilege of the great commission, to have stewardship untill the master comes back then we need to repent and ask forgiveness. We need to return to our first love and stop fighting among ourselves. We have become to arrogant, shallow, but most importantly we do not love as we should. Love is the most powerful message we could ever send to this fallen world. I think one of the most important stories in the bible is when Mary, Joseph, and Jesus went to the temple and they lost Jesus......ya see even though they were doing what God had asked and what was good ...their eyes were off Jesus.
Saints let us pray without ceasing for the body of Christ. Peace