Christians Are Not Sinners

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 31, 2021
It seems some Christians love the idea that their opponents will be destroyed both, soul and body, in hell.
Which is what you've been pushing on other threads for quite some time.

Personally, I think that’s a terrible way to feel about others. God doesn’t want any to perish either. Just test those spirits and follow the Holy Spirit. By their fruits you’ll know them.
Have you flip flopped on ECT???

Oct 20, 2022
What does "have you members here....." mean? Are you suggesting that I "have members here"?

OK, now prove your claim that I have committed eisegesis with John 5:24 and 10:28. Or apologize for your sloppy reading.
Apologize for yours.

Don't attempt to start a fight again with me.

You appear to have become confused among the accounts here.

Basic English. I don't apologize for you not understanding a question.

Oct 20, 2022
I have verses for everything I’ve shown. You seemed to have given up quoting scripture many comments ago and have instead deferred to your own commentary that amounts to nothing but hot air as far as I’m concerned. Get your Bible out and quote some scripture to back it up, like I already requested, if you can.
You have never posted proper context scripture to prove your counter point to the eternal Gospel that never expires. Not once.

Instead,you commit to Eisegesis. Your effort to undermine the Gospel using cherry picked excerpts of scripture so to prove your errant point that repeatedly demonstrates your opposition to the Gospel truth. You and your companion.

Which is why I wondered if there are those who also arrive at that false idea also believe Jesus was just a man with a sin nature who chose not to sin.

Given you and another think we choose to be saved, remain saved and can just as easily choose to abandon salvation.
All human ego all the time.

And there are consequences to Eisegesis. Not for those genuinely ignorant of truth. But rather those genuinely committed to obscuring it with premeditated lies.

The Bible speaks of consequences for bad actions. Understandable when unbelievers are not aware of that either.

Mar 4, 2020
You have never posted proper context scripture to prove your counter point to the eternal Gospel that never expires. Not once.

Instead,you commit to Eisegesis. Your effort to undermine the Gospel using cherry picked excerpts of scripture so to prove your errant point that repeatedly demonstrates your opposition to the Gospel truth. You and your companion.

Which is why I wondered if there are those who also arrive at that false idea also believe Jesus was just a man with a sin nature who chose not to sin.

Given you and another think we choose to be saved, remain saved and can just as easily choose to abandon salvation.
All human ego all the time.

And there are consequences to Eisegesis. Not for those genuinely ignorant of truth. But rather those genuinely committed to obscuring it with premeditated lies.

The Bible speaks of consequences for bad actions. Understandable when unbelievers are not aware of that either.
If you don’t have scripture to undo what I showed you with scripture then your false accusations mean nothing. I’m justified by God. Believe whatever you will.

Oct 20, 2022
If you don’t have scripture to undo what I showed you with scripture then your false accusations mean nothing. I’m justified by God. Believe whatever you will.
Every Christian here has refuted your Eisegesis with scripture.
Page after page.

I'll no longer indulge you nor your companion in your efforts to hijack this thread as you intend to drive it into the ground with false assertions intended to prevent progress on the topic itself.

You cannot hijack the Gospel truth.
You can only shame yourselves making the effort.

Mar 4, 2020
Every Christian here has refuted your Eisegesis with scripture.
Page after page.

I'll no longer indulge you nor your companion in your efforts to hijack this thread as you intend to drive it into the ground with false assertions intended to prevent progress on the topic itself.

You cannot hijack the Gospel truth.
You can only shame yourselves making the effort.
I’m using exegesis. You’re wrong. Some of the more well-studied Christians have agreed with me. I wouldn’t be using repetition as much as I am unless I was 100% sure what I’m saying is accurate.

I was a OSAS adherent at one point myself then I studied the Bible. One of the advantages I have is I don’t have any denominational loyalties nor was indoctrinated as a child into Christianity.

I came to Christ after an angel preached gospel to me. I was also given spiritual gifts to exercise. Glory to God.

Anyway, you keep studying and make every every effort to keep an open heart and open mind. You’re pretty far off base here, theology wise, but I do believe despite that your intentions are good. I have prayed about you and believe God informed me you’re His daughter. Be happy about that.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The Gospel teaches us Salvation is eternal. And sin has no place in it.
True. I don't disagree with this statement.

Salvation is eternal.
The gospel teaches us the plan of salvation, and this can be ours through faith in Jesus (the way, the truth, and the life).

Do you think the devil knows and believes the gospel?
Knowing about the gospel is not salvation.

We need to choose what we are going to do with the gospel. I chose many years ago to make Jesus my Lord and my Saviour. But that dose not mean i can wake up each day and forget about Jesus from now on.
I need to die daily. Surrender daily, pray daily, read the bible daily and exercise faith daily. I can only do this by the grace of God and without Him i can do nothing. I fail and by grace can be forgiven, but God does not force me to keep going back to Him.

Salvation is a not OSAS, it is God drawing us to Him by Love not forcing us to Him by force.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
This claim is a heresy as Jesus very clearly taught eternal security. As I've just noted. But you are free to choose whatever ideas you want.
I think we agree to a degree.

I believe in eternal security.
I believe that salvation is sure when you have a true relationship with Jesus.

When salvation is given is where we differ.

I believe in a Judgement. For Jesus to Judge each person as saved or unsaved.
The promise of God to save the faithful is sure and will not fail. So by faith i look forward to the time when God states "saved by faith, Jesus's blood is enough". This is eternal and unchanging but up until that day i can choose to walk away from Jesus and the gospel truth.

Abraham was saved by faith.
Jesus had not yet paid the price for His sins so Satan could justly claim Abraham as his.

The old testament looked forward to the salvation to come. But by faith believed it was sure because God promised.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Notice v 12 .....crown which the Lord hath promised....

The risk of falling is there for all. Faith is like a muscle, to stay strong i need to exercise it. If i neglect exercise it gets weak.

Mar 4, 2020

I believe in a Judgement. For Jesus to Judge each person as saved or unsaved.
The promise of God to save the faithful is sure and will not fail. So by faith i look forward to the time when God states "saved by faith, Jesus's blood is enough". This is eternal and unchanging but up until that day i can choose to walk away from Jesus and the gospel truth.

Abraham was saved by faith.
Jesus had not yet paid the price for His sins so Satan could justly claim Abraham as his.

The old testament looked forward to the salvation to come. But by faith believed it was sure because God promised.
exactly. Well said, and I agree with what you’re saying. I agree with what they’re saying to a degree, but not in the terms their describing. They seem to be saying something along the lines of that if you believe at any point then abandon the faith you still keep your golden ticket, so to speak. I don’t see that is Biblical in any way.

Oct 20, 2022
True. I don't disagree with this statement.

Salvation is eternal.
The gospel teaches us the plan of salvation, and this can be ours through faith in Jesus (the way, the truth, and the life).

Do you think the devil knows and believes the gospel?
Knowing about the gospel is not salvation.

We need to choose what we are going to do with the gospel. I chose many years ago to make Jesus my Lord and my Saviour. But that dose not mean i can wake up each day and forget about Jesus from now on.
I need to die daily. Surrender daily, pray daily, read the bible daily and exercise faith daily. I can only do this by the grace of God and without Him i can do nothing. I fail and by grace can be forgiven, but God does not force me to keep going back to Him.

Salvation is a not OSAS, it is God drawing us to Him by Love not forcing us to Him by force.

*sigh*

Salvation is eternal. Once Sanctified Always Sanctified.

Force?

No idea what faith you could be referring to.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
*sigh*

Salvation is eternal. Once Sanctified Always Sanctified.

Force?

No idea what faith you could be referring to.
When is anyone completly sanctified?
Justification is instant.

But becoming like Jesus (perfect) is the work of Jesus in us.

The righteousness of Christ, is imputed and imparted, without which we would have no hope of salvation
First, there is the imputed righteousness of Christ, which is what Jesus has done for us, the righteousness that covers us and that is our title to heaven (justification). Second, there is the imparted righteousness of Christ, which is what He does in us, through the Holy Spirit, to mold us into His image (sanctification).

Jesus is continuing to shape and mold me and i don't think I'm going to be perfect anytime soon.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Thank you my Father for letting that one prove your point.

Clearly you did have time.

The pedestal is the Gospel. It rises above all else as eternal truth that never expires.

And no effort made by those in the pit will EVER stand against it. Though obviously you try.
You’re saying @VARob is in the pit?

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Why do Christian discussions almost ALWAYS deteriorate to belittling the people who disagree with you? People accuse each other of eisegesis (there’s no need to capitalize it..), of disagreeing with Jesus, of not being saved, of not being a Christian, of not reading the Bible, of being a gospel denier, of heresy, and on and on.

Quite the conundrum, eh? I doubt Jesus approves.
It’s the result of people focusing on other people rather than themselves.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022

The righteousness of Christ, is imputed and imparted, without which we would have no hope of salvation
First, there is the imputed righteousness of Christ, which is what Jesus has done for us, the righteousness that covers us and that is our title to heaven (justification). Second, there is the imparted righteousness of Christ, which is what He does in us, through the Holy Spirit, to mold us into His image (sanctification).

Jesus is continuing to shape and mold me and i don't think I'm going to be perfect anytime soon.
Just remember, you’re conversing with someone who states they no longer sin ~ ever.

Jan 31, 2021
Apologize for yours.

Don't attempt to start a fight again with me.

You appear to have become confused among the accounts here.

Basic English. I don't apologize for you not understanding a question.
And I don't answer questions I don't understand. So if you're not interested in clarifying, why bother posting to anyone?

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
This claim is a heresy as Jesus very clearly taught eternal security. As I've just noted. But you are free to choose whatever ideas you want.

That is nowhere expressed in Scripture. Salvation is by grace through faith. Eph 2:8. And given all your SDA beliefs, your claim to believe in eternal security is deceptive because your views are that ultimate salvation is based on how you live.

That is correct. John 5:24 tells us very clearly that believers possess eternal life. That obviously means they possess eternal life WHEN they BECOME believers.

Oct 20, 2022
And I don't answer questions I don't understand. So if you're not interested in clarifying, why bother posting to anyone?
You love to fight.

That's pathetic. When you can't understand a simple question you're right. Why post one to you.

Oct 20, 2022

And yet you are Saved eternally,irrevocably.

Jan 31, 2021
You love to fight.

That's pathetic. When you can't understand a simple question you're right. Why post one to you.
Whether your question was simple or not, it was garbled enough to not be understood.