Christians response to gay marriage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Are you saying that Liberals are racist?
Watch MSNBC and that should answer your question.

Liberals are the most racist people around...They are all about race-baiting and causing division.

Rich liberals enjoy sitting back causing divisiveness and watching poor white people, black people, etc. take their bait.

It is a smoke mirrors tactic. If people would quit believing this liberal nonsense and come together, then the government might actually have to do things in the interest of the people, not their own political agenda. That is why Liberals continue to race bait and cause division because they are benefitting from the divisiveness they cause.

Nov 2, 2022
Well that's a lot of opinion there, which you are entitled to. And exactly what do you mean by "Racists take offense at the anti-biblical choice of many Blacks to live and act as the social and moral equals of whites. "

What is "anti- biblical" in particular?
racism is itself based on religion

No, it isn't. He has a right to his religious beliefs. There are certain cakes he would not make because of his beliefs. He wouldn't make Halloween cakes because of his beliefs, and that is his right.
but he didn't make Halloween cakes for anyone, it was not a service he provided. He did however make wedding cakes.

You making a judgement call doesn't make it hate.
if the behavior was directed towards anyone else it would correctly be called hate

Not the same situation.
it's exactly the same situation. Two bakers - one who because of his religious beliefs doesn't want to serve members of a minority and one who because of his religious beliefs doesn't want to serve members of a different minority. Why is the religious beliefs of one baker justification for discrimination but not for the other baker?

Nov 2, 2022
I can disagree with a lifestyle and that doesn't make me phobic of anyone. I believe according to the Bible that it's wrong for people to live together without being married. I don't hate them, I'm not phobic of them. I disagree with the lifestyle, that simple.
you didn't answer the question

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
So a baker refusing to provide the same services to LGBT individuals that he offers to the general public is exactly the same as if a baker was refusing to provide services to African Americans.
Really, though.

If someone doesn't want to support gay marriage due to their own moral/religious compass then they shouldn't have to and that should be the end of the story.

God is against gay marriage ...That is not the same as refusing to serve African Americans, Latinos, etc, due to their race. To make a conclusion like that is completely false. God doesn't hate people, but he does hate sin.

Nov 2, 2022
Not the same situation no matter how many ways you say it.
its exactly the same.
According to your position a restaurant in the segregated south could not have discriminated against blacks so long as they could get take out from the back door.

Nov 2, 2022
He didn't bake Halloween cakes, and various other cakes. So it was according to his religious beliefs, simple. He offered them other things, he didn't refuse them service.
just like restaurants in the segregated south were not refusing to serve back people, they just had to go the the back door for take out.

Nov 2, 2022
The two are not comparable, one is immutable characterisitics the other is not. Your argument does not stand.
Sorry to tell you both are immutable

But even if they weren't does that justify discrimination? Consider: Religion entirely a choice so does being against inter-religious marriage make one anti-Semitic?

Nov 2, 2022
You're saying race and sexual preference are the same thing, and I don't believe they aren't. People don't choose their race. They do, however, choose with whom and when they have sex, etc.
did you choose your orientation?

Nov 2, 2022
You're saying race and sexual preference are the same thing, and I don't believe they aren't. People don't choose their race. They do, however, choose with whom and when they have sex, etc.
And before you say they can't help how they feel, I agree. But feelings aren't exactly where the sin comes into homosexuality. The feelings might be normal to some. Where the sin enters is when they choose to lust for or have sex with someone of the same sex. Just like the sin in my life wouldn't be my attraction to or feelings for a man, it would be in my choice to have lust for or sleep with this man.
and all this is like a racist saying that black people could choose to accept their place as social and moral inferiors,

Nov 2, 2022
I believe that calls for discernment. Not every situation is the same. I have told a story of when we were in ministry as a family. My father began to preach against homosexuality, out of nowhere. We were standing and waiting for the next song and he began to preach. When we had an altar call a young man came forward who was a homosexual. He was moving in with his lover and considering having a sex change operation. He said that he didn't know that the Bible was against homosexuality. The church had been praying for him to come to the Lord. Their part was they prayed, the Word was preached, the young man came to the altar. So again I believe it is a matter of discernment as with any friend or loved one who is lost. You may be able to minister to my unsaved sister ( she isn't, just hypothetically) and she might listen to you more than she would me. So we need to stay open to the moving of the Spirit I believe.
homosexuals don't have or want sex change operations

Nov 2, 2022
Nov 2, 2022
Evidence already exists from God who said He created man and women to be together as one flesh.

So that means it first takes abuse to become mentally ill and become homosexual, not the other way around.

God doesn't lie.

Are you saying God is a liar?
Orientation isn't the result of abuse and it's a lie to say it does
Homosexuality is not a mental illness and its a lie to say it is

Nov 2, 2022
Really, though.

If someone doesn't want to support gay marriage due to their own moral/religious compass then they shouldn't have to and that should be the end of the story.
If someone doesn't want to support interracial marriage due to their own moral/religious compass then they shouldn't have to and that should be the end of the story.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Orientation isn't the result of abuse and it's a lie to say it does
Homosexuality is not a mental illness and its a lie to say it is
Homosexuality is not condoned by God. It is a lie to say that it is. It is even worse than that to support or condone it in any way. The truth will set you free so Christians should be willing to speak the truth to others and witness Jesus Christ to others and not condone or try to excuse sin. Homosexuals need to hear the truth because they are living a life of sin and are in danger. If we love them then we should try to lead them to Jesus and the truth.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
If someone doesn't want to support interracial marriage due to their own moral/religious compass then they shouldn't have to and that should be the end of the story.
Not sure how that could be considered a religious exemption. Homosexuality and gay marriage, on the other hand, go against the religion of most Christians. Surely you can see how that falls under a religious exemption?????

Jun 20, 2022
Would you explain your strange statement that it first takes abuse to become mentally ill and become homosexual?
It's part of a conversation between another poster and myself.

It's more of a blanket statement pertaining to our conversation.