Christians United

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DylanRobson

Feb 26, 2018
Leviticus 26:8 New International Version (NIV)
8 Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you.

Consider how much more effective the Church is than 1 individual. Imagine the impact of Christians united country wide and around the world. Joining hands in the effective spreading of the word to every corner of the world. Call your friends and family, call your neighbors and co workers, lets spread the word.

Attachments

tumeric

Apr 1, 2015
mark chapter 9 verse 38 , 39 , and 40 ; in the words of JESUS ,
says it all / the bickering and belittling of each others christian religion are a sad sinful act of hate in the place of brotherhood

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
8 Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you.

Consider how much more effective the Church is than 1 individual. Imagine the impact of Christians united country wide and around the world. Joining hands in the effective spreading of the word to every corner of the world. Call your friends and family, call your neighbors and co workers, lets spread the word.
Yea, not just women and not just the men by themselves either. Everyone!

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
In our current political and religious climate such "unity" is impossible. Let me illustrate:
(1) Once a year, local churches sponsor an inter-church Communion service in a local park. Several evangelicals boycott this service of union because of doctrinal differences with one or two of the cooperating churches! We can no longer disagree agreeably!

(2) As a pastor, I noticed that single Christian young women were patronizing bars to meet men. So I addressed this prbblem at our local ministerial association. I suggested that we collect the names of each church's singles and invite them to form an inter-church singles group. Those pastors wanted to know who would lead such a group. I said that I'd do so, but would rather a lay person do it, who had more free time. The pastors were afraid that I'd steal their single sheep! I pled in vain for them to find an acceptaible leader to take charge to meet the needs of these singles, so that bars were not their only social option. No luck! The greatest reason why the USA can't have a 3rd Great Awakening is because of the self-serving competitive instincts of church leaders!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In our current political and religious climate such "unity" is impossible. Let me illustrate:
(1) Once a year, local churches sponsor an inter-church Communion service in a local park. Several evangelicals boycott this service of union because of doctrinal differences with one or two of the cooperating churches! We can no longer disagree agreeably!

(2) As a pastor, I noticed that single Christian young women were patronizing bars to meet men. So I addressed this prbblem at our local ministerial association. I suggested that we collect the names of each church's singles and invite them to form an inter-church singles group. Those pastors wanted to know who would lead such a group. I said that I'd do so, but would rather a lay person do it, who had more free time. The pastors were afraid that I'd steal their single sheep! I pled in vain for them to find an acceptaible leader to take charge to meet the needs of these singles, so that bars were not their only social option. No luck! The greatest reason why the USA can't have a 3rd Great Awakening is because of the self-serving competitive instincts of church leaders!
Thats terrible..as for number 2 wow thats desperation. Why are young christian single women going to bars just to meet men? Cant they find any in their own church, or is it because the church leaders just seepartes them off from each other?!

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
Not enough appealing dating options for them in church! When I was a young grad student in Boston, there was a good Christian singles group to attend. It was my fate to match almost all my single male friends with their current wives from that group! And I made introductions just to expand their dating options. Obviously God wanted to use me as a matchmaker! But I couldn't have played that role without a Christian singles group! I shutter to contemplate what sort of women these guys might have married without my help and with bars as their only dating alternative!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Not enough appealing dating options for them in church! When I was a young grad student in Boston, there was a good Christian singles group to attend. It was my fate to match almost all my single male friends with their current wives from that group! And I made introductions just to expand their dating options. Obviously God wanted to use me as a matchmaker! But I couldn't have played that role without a Christian singles group! I shutter to contemplate what sort of women these guys might have married without my help and with bars as their only dating alternative!
Well, we just shunted into womens only groups. I dont know about college campuses but some of the churches with more established populations in my country are very segregated amongst men and women.

Its like the men hang out in bars and pubs and have their thing, and the women are left to themselves so they have groups like Country womens insititute, and knitting clubs and some such. In my country the all blacks rugby and the cricket teams are exclusive domain of men, women in sport was like you can olay netball, but the men dont. Mind you thats amongst the unsaved but it carries over into the church.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

Are you saying such groups as the World Council of Churches and the National Council of Churches are effective?

When ever ecumenicism trumps doctrine, the Christian distinctives get muddled amongst a plethora of unbiblical teachings concerning the fundamentals of the faith..

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Well, we just shunted into womens only groups. I dont know about college campuses but some of the churches with more established populations in my country are very segregated amongst men and women.

Its like the men hang out in bars and pubs and have their thing, and the women are left to themselves so they have groups like Country womens insititute, and knitting clubs and some such. In my country the all blacks rugby and the cricket teams are exclusive domain of men, women in sport was like you can olay netball, but the men dont. Mind you thats amongst the unsaved but it carries over into the church.
In my State, it's a crime to make 'name distinctions' between genders e.g. 'woman'/'man' LOL

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
Are you saying such groups as the World Council of Churches and the National Council of Churches are effective?

When ever ecumenicism trumps doctrine, the Christian distinctives get muddled amongst a plethora of unbiblical teachings concerning the fundamentals of the faith..
As is usual for this site, you are putting words in Dylan's mouth. I'd wager that almost no reader took his comments that way!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
As is usual for this site, you are putting words in Dylan's mouth. I'd wager that almost no reader took his comments that way!
I asked him a question, then I made a statement of my own, which reflected some of the follow up statements.
I put nothing in his mouth, but thanks for jumping to a false conclusion.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Look how quickly this post on unity has already started to sour. And that's the norm here.

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
Duh! We were discussing local church cooperation.

Dec 12, 2013

AMEN...two cannot walk together unless agreed.....the bible does not promote ecumenical works.......and just because one identifies as a Christian organization does not mean that it is............

Dec 12, 2013
Look how quickly this post on unity has already started to sour. And that's the norm here.
The truth is the truth and that is one of the biggest problems within so called Christianity.....chunk the truth in favor of "getting together"

Dec 12, 2013

While I appreciate the IDEA......I will remind you that 1 MAN turned the world on it's head by his stance (Paul)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The truth is the truth and that is one of the biggest problems within so called Christianity.....chunk the truth in favor of "getting together"
....with results of 'Christian mush' and a 'disinterested world'.'

Dec 12, 2013
....with results of 'Christian mush' and a 'disinterested world'.'
I hear ya..............Most ignore the context of 2nd Corinthians 6 ---> WE THEN AS WORKERS TOGETHER.....and instead erroneously apply it to marriage between a believer and unbeliever EVEN THOUGH PAUL covers that topic in 1st Corinthians 7

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
I pled in vain for them to find an acceptaible leader to take charge to meet the needs of these singles, so that bars were not their only social option.
madhermit so you are saying bars are the only alternative to meeting guys other than single's groups in churches?
thats evil, sadly you are a pastor. you teach that people can get out of hell and dont even take it seriously that these people claiming to be christians are going to bars to meet men. they also arent goign there to find a husband, trust me on that, nobody is dumb enough to look for a good christian man from a bar. fornication is the name of the game, not desperation to find a husband so they are "forced" to go to bars. come on.

sorry to be this blunt. this is horrible.

bars are not the only social option for christians. you can find people outside of church in non-sinful environments.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The pastors were afraid that I'd steal their single sheep!

[…]
can't have a 3rd Great Awakening is because of the self-serving competitive instincts of church leaders!
Are you sure this ^ was their motive?? or perhaps what may be on any pastor's/pastors' mind/minds can possibly [ever] be something more along the lines of the following passage (or the like)? :

27 For I [Paul] have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

:unsure: