Christmas Movies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Synopsis of Christmas Karen, which turns out to lean a bit PG_13, not exactly any kind of wholesome Hallmark type production so, fair warning. The ghost of Christmas Past channels the artist formerly known as Prince but would've been better played by the artist formerly known as Prince, although that is not possible, Hyacinth Bucket would've nailed the character of Christmas Present, and Christmas Future makes me think of Chrispin Glover was in mind for the role.

But although I don't watch many movies twice even if it is one of my favorites but though I was exactly wowed, I wasn't really disappointed that I caught this one.

It happens that it kind of fits into some prompting an exercise in my new year resolution to try and treat everyone as if they were saved, no matter what, even if they don't seem to be, because nobody but God knows them to their last breath.

*one of the best lines- "I'm Hindu. Happy Day of Christ!"

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
After the brothers get over their first round of fisticuffs, at the behest and command of their mother
and father, they are sent out to get a Christmas tree, and being that it is already Christmas Eve day,
none suitable can be found, so they top the lovely evergreen tree that stands by their church, only
later to find the same tree decorated inside the church with its top missing. LOL. It is one of those
shows that sometimes plays out what people are thinking/imagining before showing what really
happens. But sometimes they trick you, and what you think is someone's imagination, actually happens.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
From his elevated pulpit, the priest is now delivering a hellfire and brimstone speech about
the world sinking deeper into anarchy and chaos, while we are heading straight toward the
apocalypse due to twitter trolls and idiotic e-scooters, with Satanists burning in hell because
some cowards stole the top of the church Christmas tree LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The brothers are understandably uncomfortably mortified but grandma is laughing in the pew.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
It absolutely ended in the Christmas Spirit with (beside a nudge especially toward Karen) "Merry Christmas, everyone!"

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Following the church service, grandma congratulates the priest on his awesome sermon
while he bemoans the fact that more children are not brought up like the brothers, whose
subsequent second round of fisticuffs destroys the Christmas tree in the family living room
during the gift opening. Grandma films it all with her new smart phone, declaring this to be
the best Christmas ever. This is episode 2/3, each close to an hour long. Short and pretty funny!

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Scrooge (1951 with Alastair Sim)

The Muppets Christmas Carol (with Michael Caine)

Home Alone I & II

It's a Wonderful Life (with James Stewart)

Love Actually

I digress...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Scrooge (1951 with Alastair Sim)
The Muppets Christmas Carol (with Michael Caine)
Home Alone I & II
It's a Wonderful Life (with James Stewart)
Love Actually
I digress...
I would like to watch Love Actually again. Perhaps after I have finished watching my current foreign seasonal offering:

A Storm for Christmas

It clocks in at just over three hours long, with six episodes. Storyline:
A group of people arrive at Oslo airport, some to welcome their loved ones, some to fly home to their families,

and some who want to fly away and escape Christmas. But in one way or another, their Christmas mission goes
awry. They are all stranded at the airport and the clock is ticking! Only 24 hours til Christmas, so what do they do?

I think Love Actually may still be on Netflix but I am not sure if Home Alone is... I may watch it again also if it is :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Someone in this series is named something that looks like The Loch Ness LOL (Thea Sofie Loch Næss)

A child on a baggage cart in a boarding line-up is watching Home Alone heh

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
1703040548733.png

^ Norwegian Santa as played by Ibrahim Faal

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Someone in this series is named something that looks like The Loch Ness LOL (Thea Sofie Loch Næss)

A child on a baggage cart in a boarding line-up is watching Home Alone heh
Home Alone is Die Hard for kids. think about it:

it's Christmas
lone dude
trapped in a building
picking off bad guys

:D

notmyown

May 26, 2016
We've been watching a Die Hard movie the last few nights. There are 5 of them so there are two to go. I think they all came out just before Christmas.
they came out in summer, except the last which was around Valentine's Day, irrc.

if Die Hard is a Christmas movie, doesn't that make the first Lethal Weapon a Christmas movie? :unsure:

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
they came out in summer, except the last which was around Valentine's Day, irrc.

if Die Hard is a Christmas movie, doesn't that make the first Lethal Weapon a Christmas movie? :unsure:
The first two Die Hards started out with the timeline of the movie being Christmas time. I don't remember if the 3rd did. My wife thinks Lethal Weapon and Die Hard are all Christmas movies.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The first two Die Hards started out with the timeline of the movie being Christmas time. I don't
remember if the 3rd did. My wife thinks Lethal Weapon and Die Hard are all Christmas movies.
They all take place at Christmas time? That seems to be a main criteria any more.

A Storm For Christmas had some sweet and some sad story lines, but was peppered with quite a bit of profanity
which kind of spoiled it for me. I did watch it dubbed and subbed, and I know the subtitles are not always accurate.

I have now started watching a movie called Holiday in the Vineyards which is alternately called A Wine Country Christmas.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
A Wine Country Christmas was good. Another really sweet one I watched last year was Christmas With You.

It had Freddie Prinze Jr. in it; storyline: a pop star suffering career burnout escapes to
a small town where she finds inspiration and a shot at love. Fun and heartwarming...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I have started watching an Italian movie called The Price of Family.

Storyline: When Alessandra and Emilio move to the city leaving their parents Carlo and Anna alone,
life changes for everyone. In a few months the kids forget about their parents: a few phone calls,
missed birthdays, missed funerals. But the last straw for these parents is knowing their kids won't
be around for Christmas.
So far it's a charming, unpretentious Italian comedy and pretty amusing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The Price of Family is pretty funny. The lie the parents concoct to entice their
grown children to spend Christmas with them gets completely out of hand.
I am watching it subbed and dubbed, and there is a bit of profanity.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am going to start watching Delivery By Christmas .:). A reviewer has said of this:

This is another foreign (Polish) movie made up of small stories, like A Storm For Christmas, where
a number of well-acted, funny, and sentimental stories are told. People, places, themes, and emotions
that will be familiar to all viewers may seem a bit exotic due to the Polish setting of the film. It's really
a joy to watch - like seeing someone you know someplace completely different. Also, unlike many movies
or shows today, it's not possible to predict the outcome of any of the stories and, not sure about you dear
viewer, but we enjoy that! Both this and David and the Elves were excellent additions to our Christmas viewing.