Christ's Perfection In Us

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
Your perfection on my behalf acquires
The precious gift of justification
Your holy presence in me desires
The purity of sanctification

We are the broken ones
You took the pain of restoration
We are the prodigal sons
Called arms open back to celebration

Heavy steps in time became one
Eternal dance of glorification
For when the sting of death stuns
It's now a stage for transformation

You asked for the cup to pass
And that too proved to be vicarious
For the deadly poison in my glass
Was bound to a fate most precarious

You died for us who were yet sinners
Now you call us to live for your glory
By your merit we are the winners
Living happily in the Writer's story

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022

We are the broken ones
We are the prodigal sons

Heavy steps

We are the broken ones
We are the prodigal sons

Heavy steps in time became one
Eternal dance of glorification
For when the sting of death stuns
It's now a stage for transformation

You died for us who were yet sinners
Now you call us to live for your glory
By your merit we are the winners
Living happily in the Writer's story

But I became the Lamb vicarious
You drank the deadly poison in my glass
My fate then not precarious

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Oops
i asked the cup to pass

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Subject messed up:

But you became the Lamb vicarious

Finally maybe suggestion is right?

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
I like it. I wanted to focus on the idea that in one sense Jesus' request that the cup would be passed became also vicarious just as his death did because it was my/our cup that was passed. Your version is definitely clearer than how I worded it, and it still communicates most if not all of what I wanted to say (and it still rhymes too).

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
Subject messed up:

Finally maybe suggestion is right?
I like it. I wanted to focus on the idea that in one sense Jesus' request that the cup would be passed became also vicarious just as his death did because it was my/our cup that was passed. Your version is definitely clearer than how I worded it, and it still communicates most if not all of what I wanted to say (and it still rhymes too).
forgive me if i am interfering you. You are a far superior poet thsn i am. Even monkeys can type something right once in a while!

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
forgive me if i am interfering you. You are a far superior poet thsn i am. Even monkeys can type something right once in a while!
No, I like all feedback and constructive suggestions. Keep them coming!

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
It's especially valuable for me when I get information on what specific things make my poems good or not so good. Sometimes the number of likes is higher on a poem that I personally like less than one that I like more. So while this forum provides such a small sampling that some of the variance is easily explicable just by random factors, I still like to learn what I can from people's reactions (and lack thereof). For example, I thought this one: https://christianchat.com/christian-poems-poetry/dawning-day-after-the-storm.209445/ would have received more likes than some of my other poems that I didn't like as much, but turns out it's still at zero. (This is NOT me begging anyone to like. I just prefer honest criticism that isn't sugar-coated, so comments along the lines of "I don't like this one because..." are welcome as well.)

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
It's especially valuable for me when I get information on what specific things make my poems good or not so good. Sometimes the number of likes is higher on a poem that I personally like less than one that I like more. So while this forum provides such a small sampling that some of the variance is easily explicable just by random factors, I still like to learn what I can from people's reactions (and lack thereof). For example, I thought this one: https://christianchat.com/christian-poems-poetry/dawning-day-after-the-storm.209445/ would have received more likes than some of my other poems that I didn't like as much, but turns out it's still at zero. (This is NOT me begging anyone to like. I just prefer honest criticism that isn't sugar-coated, so comments along the lines of "I don't like this one because..." are welcome as well.)
I posted some posts of Catholic saints St theresa Avila and St Theresa Liseux that i thought were good, zero thumbs up. I suspect rejected because were Catholic. One of the things ringing in my ears is Jesus prayer…. That they all be one. What i suspect is wrong is a doctrinaire position rather than knowing what is the heart of those they are rejecting. Of course reject those that reject the basics. Not all is basic. And humility demands we say we see through a dark glass darkly.

I am neither Catholic or Orthodox but i recognize those that are madly in love with our God.

Eat the good stuff, spit out the bones.

ebdesroches

Aug 20, 2022
I loved this!!! Seems like a spiritual medical treatment?

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
I loved this!!! Seems like a spiritual medical treatment?
I don't know if I thought of it like that, but yes, that's one way to look at it. Some early church fathers called Christ "the Divine Physician".