Chrysanthemum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MariusAlexander

Thank you to all my friends who encouraged me to keep posting my works. This is a fictional creative writing piece.
<--I hope this music sets the mood as your read, enjoy. :) /////

Chrysanthemum

“Red Alert disengaged.” A monotone announcement blared over the cockpit controls.

Relief. The being could feel the exhilaration in its chest no longer. Tranquility enveloped her consciousness after the firing ceased. The Aeli rubbed the petals of a strange chrysanthemum between the digits of its gloved hand and signaled a command to open the airlock of the biomechanical ship. A formfitting silver suit hugging its body took on a black-violet hue as if the color and texture spread to its own frame and each of its fingers traced over different stems that pulsed and responded like touch-sensitive buttons.“The envoy has arrived.” the alien whispered in its two-toned melodic voice.

Both Stellar cruisers were badly damaged and forced communication was their only option for mutual survival. As the human cosmonaut entered the main chamber, all the digital flora hissed the sound that only a pleasant wind would hum. Vibrant spores of many shades twinkled in the light and showered the pair in warm colors of acceptance. Defense systems had shut down and allowed him to proceed. The air tasted sweet and the ship’s holographic weather projected itself into a glowing and welcoming sun shower.

The steps taken were hesitant. One after the other, the alien advanced and a palm waved across a small seam in the center of its neck. Pulses vibrated with bizarre luminosity and the suit’s A.I translation mechanism spoke in a way the earthling could comprehend. "Greetings warrior, meeting you is my divine pleasure,” A silver head cocked to the side as an expressionless tinted helmet stared up at the man and his own face reflected at him. This was the exact moment the two interstellar species converged. Fate had their first encounter met with violence, but now that a powerful nebula storm had swallowed them, they had no choice but to parley. After searching for eons, the explorers representing their civilizations struck up a simple conversation.

“Apologies being three-three dash fourteen for the hostile engagement.” Plasmatic flowers lay rested, scattered over the false projected grass akin to frozen multicolored flames between them both.

“You almost obliterated me into a fine space dust.”

“My behavior is regrettable. I attacked you on protocol. Please grant me forgiveness.” A gentle bow, a solemn gesture. The male remained silent and kept a thumb over his belt next to his laser revolver.

“I am being eight zero-zero, Sagittarius system sector Etri-Void nine.” The way it walked had a fluid motion. Visuals of complex star charts in foreign symbols jumped across its faceglass like tittering hieroglyphs on the surface of the headguard.

The helmscreen, where its face hid behind, displayed a planet comparable to earth. “Class B Goldilocks Terra. Cieloica.” There was a momentary pause. “The conditions are very similar to your homeworld.” It then reached up, pressed on a thin line and tousled raven hair cascaded freely as the alien removed its helm. Violet eyes of an amaranthine chromaticity gazed deeply into his own. The man took a step back disrupting a holo-flower, his lips parted.

“You’re..”

The extraterrestrial smiled.

“A woman.”

Her face was uniquely defined and her onyx eyebrows sloped downwards in a serious expression. There was an otherworldly beauty to her features that possessed the man’s eyes right away, but there was no time to savor the moment. Plasma discharges from the massive nebula tempest outside ravaged the hull of both vessels. The holographic garden flickered in and out with every blast of energy and a shock sent the Aeli into the human’s arms.

“Well, earthling, how will we get out of this alive?”

-Three months since first contact.-

“You like me a lot, do you not?” Lavender irises met his.

“Although you hardly know me, I sense hidden emotions within you, Jack Mercer of Earth." She was so confident in her confrontation that it made the cosmonaut even more nervous.

What could he say? He was caught off guard and only resorted to the truth. “No fair.” He tapped his index finger on a bioluminescent table avoiding her eyes.

“Humans are such curious creatures.” The Alien’s soft cheek rested on her palm. “And what do you mean ‘no fair’?” She said with a goofy smile as her antennae twitched excitedly. “Your thoughts are so jumbled up I can’t make out what’s in there.” Her delicate fingertips caressed his wrist. “Hey, in my culture that’s an invasion of personal space, you know.” He pressed his tongue on the tips of his incisors. “Oh?” She interlocked her knuckles with his. “A little too late to be teaching me about your social customs, don’t you think?”

Jack simply combed a lock of hair behind her ear with his free hand and traced her lips with his thumb as he leaned closer. “Maybe.”

Her fingernails were illuminated with color and changed appropriately to the mood she was in. At least in this respect, humans could tell somewhat what the Aeli were thinking and feeling. Their nail colors would not lie to anyone, and hers were a bright pink.

“But you already know the answer to that question, Jeani Vatheya of Cieloica.” Jack’s lips curled.

FB_IMG_1668805761942.jpg

S

SanderB

Hey, I like science fiction a lot. This could make for a great science fiction book or movie script in full, fellow friend. :)

M

MariusAlexander

Hey, I like science fiction a lot. This could make for a great science fiction book or movie script in full, fellow friend. :)
Well, if enough people like my writing sure, I'd be up for making more content.

And thank you btw!

S

SanderB

Well, if enough people like my writing sure, I'd be up for making more content.

And thank you btw!
You're welcome Marius. I like your writing. You are the next Interstellar or Star Trek writer. :)

M

MariusAlexander

You're welcome Marius. I like your writing. You are the next Interstellar or Star Trek writer. :)
Thanks again for the encouragement, do you write as well?

S

SanderB

Thanks again for the encouragement, do you write as well?
I don't write, but came up with a fictional civilization and a few others in 2017. Their tech is 21 years ahead of ours. For instance, in 2001, the alien civilization had similar tech to ours in 2022, but much more widespread tech adoption. I wrote a short sci-fi story in April 2020 about that same civilization in 1953 going through a pandemic with the same type of technology that humans had in 1975.

M

MariusAlexander

I don't write, but came up with a fictional civilization and a few others in 2017. Their tech is 21 years ahead of ours. For instance, in 2001, the alien civilization had similar tech to ours in 2022, but much more widespread tech adoption. I wrote a short sci-fi story in April 2020 about that same civilization in 1953 going through a pandemic with the same type of technology that humans had in 1975.
Hey is your stuff anywhere online available to read?