Church Girls! What’s your secret!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Susanna

Females who go to church on a regular basis and whose teeth are so blindingly white you need sunglasses. 🦷😎😁
Maybe we’re not gazing at the same things when going to church😜😁.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Maybe we’re not gazing at the same things when going to church😜😁.
Like their hair too how I’m so lazy how long do they take before church?? And flawless and on point. Or do they go to Salons and pay them like they’re so rich too and maybe cuz they work there and get paid.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
Which whitening tooth paste do you use?

My teeth don’t seem to be sensitive from the whitening method I am using. It’s called Snow Teeth Whitening, and it comes with these gel/serum sticks (a whitening solution) and you basically paint it on your teeth like a girl paints her nails. Then you put a mouth piece in your mouth that lights up with LED. How long you do it depends upon how fast you want results. I’ve been doing it for 30 mins a day.

I did take before pictures! And I took some after pics a couple days later (after use), but I think I should give it a whole month before taking after photos and comparing them for a fair review.
That sounds cool.

When I did it about 12 years ago it was little plastic sticky type tooth cover you put on.
It had the solution on them to whiten the teeth.
Because they were similar to saran wrap after awhile you could feel them sliding down. No matter how hard I tried not to swallow that stuff, I did.🤢

I use Sensondyne if I can find it on sale...other than that Colgate. 😁
I prefer gel toothpaste.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
So far we have...

• Whitening toothpaste and brushing twice a day ( @TamLynn )

• Whitening strips

• Charcoal powder for teeth (thanks to @Pipp )

• Staying away from foods that stain the teeth (from @Oncefallen )

I’ve read (did some research recently) that practically every whitening product contains hydrogen peroxide, and some people just go straight to the source and use it. It’s diluted down, of course. Either with water or baking soda.

You’ve got to be careful though, as in studies of its use it showed it does damage tooth enamel. To combat this though they dilute it down and apparently, for example, a 5% solution was as effective at whitening as a 25% solution, only the 5% solution had to be used 12 times to reach the same whiteness as one use of the 25% solution.

The positive to this is that you receive the least amount of potential damage on your teeth with lower concentrations; which means more treatments but the same desirable result. White teeth. Lol

I don’t know how comfortable I would be with just using the chemical and I feel better using a product with data/studies or trials behind its safety and efficacy. 😬 Products that ironically use that chemical in safe concentrations.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
That sounds cool.

When I did it about 12 years ago it was little plastic sticky type tooth cover you put on.
It had the solution on them to whiten the teeth.
Because they were similar to saran wrap after awhile you could feel them sliding down. No matter how hard I tried not to swallow that stuff, I did.🤢

I use Sensondyne if I can find it on sale...other than that Colgate. 😁
I prefer gel toothpaste.
Thanks for sharing the brands. 👍🏻

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
So far we have...

• Whitening toothpaste and brushing twice a day ( @TamLynn )

• Whitening strips

• Charcoal powder for teeth (thanks to @Pipp )

• Staying away from foods that stain the teeth (from @Oncefallen )

I’ve read (did some research recently) that practically every whitening product contains hydrogen peroxide, and some people just go straight to the source and use it. It’s diluted down, of course. Either with water or baking soda.

You’ve got to be careful though, as in studies of its use it showed it does damage tooth enamel. To combat this though they dilute it down and apparently, for example, a 5% solution was as effective at whitening as a 25% solution, only the 5% solution had to be used 12 times to reach the same whiteness as one use of the 25% solution.

The positive to this is that you receive the least amount of potential damage on your teeth with lower concentrations; which means more treatments but the same desirable result. White teeth. Lol

I don’t know how comfortable I would be with just using the chemical and I feel better using a product with data/studies or trials behind its safety and efficacy. 😬 Products that ironically use that chemical in safe concentrations.

Most dentists can make you custom fittings for your teeth and sell you expensive whitening gel. About $200.

A good work around from the expensive price is, buy home made teeth fittings off of Amazon, than buy the gel from your dentist, when ever the re-open.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
You know what revolutionized my over all oral health, in terms of gums? I went to the dentist and they were amazed at how healthy and pink my gums were. They asked what I had been doing since my last visit. Since previously certain pocket depths (of the gum) were like 4s and 5s, and when they checked this time my gums didn’t or hardly bled and they kept saying one, two, and a seldom three.

I told them I started water picking. 💦 It’s basically like flossing but with water, and it gets in all the nooks and crannies between your teeth. I also think the massaging action of the water pressure on the gums must help tighten them up.

1592620856723.jpeg

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
You know what revolutionized my over all oral health, in terms of gums? I went to the dentist and they were amazed at how healthy and pink my gums were. They asked what I had been doing since my last visit. Since previously certain pocket depths (of the gum) were like 4s and 5s, and when they checked this time my gums didn’t or hardly bled and they kept saying one, two, and a seldom three.

I told them I started water picking. 💦 It’s basically like flossing but with water, and it gets in all the nooks and crannies between your teeth. I also think the massaging action of the water pressure on the gums must help tighten them up.

View attachment 217970
Got one of these as a gift, but never used it. So, you recommend it?

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Got one of these as a gift, but never used it. So, you recommend it?
Absolutely! I didn’t always take good care of my teeth, to such a degree that I actually had gingivitis and plaque (tar tar as well) build up as a kid. Then I started using an electric tooth brush (Oral B, the kind that rotate or spin in circles as if it’s polishing your teeth), water picking and (secret for fresh breath people) brushing or scraping my tongue 👅. Lol

After I started doing this and I went to see my dentist, he actually said I was like the poster child of a success (before and after pics on his screen). 😄 Completely healthy gums, no gingivitis. Pink healthy gums as a result of good oral hygiene.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
What if: baking soda can be used for faster results? Does it work?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I would like to know the secret too.
Not eating doritos is one...but apparently strawberries are good for teeth whitening, tho you cant get them out of season so I dont know what you do for the rest of the year.

Theres gum, but I cant say its proven to work.
Otherwise....very expensive dentistry????

S

Scribe

They pay big money (or their parents do) to the dentist. Some of them are actually veneers. If you have the money you too can have a set of perfect pearly whites at any age. If you want them bad enough and have the cash you can even get bone grafts and permanent perfect teeth replacements instead of dentures or bridges. Cosmetic Dentist near me. Google it. :) We can talk about other enhancements available from your Cosmetic Surgeon near you. Like getting rid of that double chin.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
aw Im trying to think of any instances of prayer for teeth in the Bible.

google google google..
Amos 4:6

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

😁

Is it just me or do the girls at church have really white teeth? I have good oral hygiene but my teeth are not white and so I invested in a $136 teeth whitening kit system and have been seeing my teeth get whiter over the last three weeks.

However, how do you girls get your teeth so perfectly white? What’s your secret?

To maybe add some depth to this thread: What do white teeth tell you about a person?
Regular visit to the dentist and brushing your teeth will help you a lot 😊

Personally, I am not concerned about how white my teeth are...I want my teeth complete and healthy....😁 because No matter how much you whiten your teeth you simply can't make your natural teeth any whiter... 😊

What do white teeth tell me about the person? Hmm... I don't know 😅 I am not a teeth observer 😅