Church hopping

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
I think churches are very similar to school. All churches have a different teaching, whether or not they are completely Biblical or not, is up to each individual in a personal basis to determine.

I hopped many, many different churches, also went to a few Jewish Temple's as well. Really feel I have a much broader approach in faith, then say, someone who went to same church all their life. Must say, we can learn from them all, but we all need to be seeking the truth, and not comfort.

To be honest, I'm completely done with going to "church". It seems so religious. Maybe I will find others with an open mind, who just want to meet outside of church, and fellowship that way. Churches to me feel like a business, not a place of worship. That's just my opinion.
I think many people are feeling the same as you are kinda.

I live in a small town and attend a small fellowship with amazing people.

I hope you find likeminded people to fellowship with.

We were created for community, I pray you find a wonderful one. :)

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I think many people are feeling the same as you are kinda.

I live in a small town and attend a small fellowship with amazing people.

I hope you find likeminded people to fellowship with.

We were created for community, I pray you find a wonderful one. :)

Glad you found your place of fellowship, your very blessed.

Thanks for your prayers.

What's especially sad, I normally feel worse after church service, than when I arrived. How is this possible? You figure with all that fellowship, teaching, and praising you would have a better result.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
Glad you found your place of fellowship, your very blessed.

Thanks for your prayers.

What's especially sad, I normally feel worse after church service, than when I arrived. How is this possible? You figure with all that fellowship, teaching, and praising you would have a better result.
Honestly...(and I say this only because I've found this to be true for me) in the times I feel like I'm not getting much out of church, it's because of me and where my heart is...or where my eyes are fixed.

I get distracted sometimes and think it's all about me when really, it isn't.

When I go to church I find great joy in giving and not only recieving.

Once again, this has been my experience. I'm in no way saying that's why you feel the way you do. 🙏🏼

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I all set to go to church this week but by time sunday rolled around I was too tired to go anywhere :-(

Maybe its cos Im just constantly giving and around people that be the end of the week I feel I cant give anymore and be around even MORE people.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Honestly...(and I say this only because I've found this to be true for me) in the times I feel like I'm not getting much out of church, it's because of me and where my heart is...or where my eyes are fixed.

I get distracted sometimes and think it's all about me when really, it isn't.

When I go to church I find great joy in giving and not only recieving.

Once again, this has been my experience. I'm in no way saying that's why you feel the way you do. 🙏🏼

I wouldn't doubt you, everyone has their own experiences. It could be true.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
I all set to go to church this week but by time sunday rolled around I was too tired to go anywhere :-(

Maybe its cos Im just constantly giving and around people that be the end of the week I feel I cant give anymore and be around even MORE people.
This is very true sometimes the ppl demand so much of you it is hard to give......

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Is it unfaithful to church hop? I mean go to different churches each week.
What do you think?
In a very physical spiritual way, you are sleeping around. You need to stay faithful to one woman.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
mmm but in christianity arent all churches meant to be faithful to God and about Jesus its not like you are going to a mosque or worshipping buddha.

I dont think having faith is like you are sleeping with someone. some churches might ask you to be a member and get you to say an oath or vow or pledge to only attend that church but that doesnt seem biblical.

Another thing is, many people move around for whatever reason, should they keep going to the same church even its hours away in a different community.