church what was said, what should have been said

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 27, 2023
I got abused as I left the church yesterday as I went to a church for the first time, I was told not to be late this coming week, so I might be late just to show him I do not like dictators at church, and say the bus only comes once every hour, if I get here and the church is locked up because I am too early, I not waiting around in the cold I am going home. If he had of said "During this coming week I will pray that you come to church a bit earlier, so you are not late for the study class" it would have gone down a lot better.

Churches people need to look as if they welcome you into the church, not piss people off, I get this too often at churches.

once I said "I am not sure I want to go to heaven I might meet someone I once knew at church" the could help rubbing my nose into it he said "Dont you trust God" of course I do, It would of been better if he said "I am shocked by this, please tell us why you think this way"

I am sure there could be more stories you have

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
the true believers are a small group in any church, far too many attend as if the bus ticket to heaven gets another punch each Sunday.
The "Ecclesia" is the body of believers, not a building or organization.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I got abused as I left the church yesterday as I went to a church for the first time, I was told not to be late this coming week, so I might be late just to show him I do not like dictators at church, and say the bus only comes once every hour, if I get here and the church is locked up because I am too early, I not waiting around in the cold I am going home. If he had of said "During this coming week I will pray that you come to church a bit earlier, so you are not late for the study class" it would have gone down a lot better.

Churches people need to look as if they welcome you into the church, not piss people off, I get this too often at churches.

once I said "I am not sure I want to go to heaven I might meet someone I once knew at church" the could help rubbing my nose into it he said "Dont you trust God" of course I do, It would of been better if he said "I am shocked by this, please tell us why you think this way"

No stories here. Gave up on church years ago and haven't regretted it since. "Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch." Matthew 15:14

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I love Christians with all my heart....churches not so much!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
#3- There it is, why you miss the mark so very far. You lean on your own "understanding", or lack thereof and heed not His guidance as in John 16.
So sad and highly visible for all to witness.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
No stories here. Gave up on church years ago and haven't regretted it since. "Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch." Matthew 15:14
#3- There it is, why you miss the mark so very far. You lean on your own "understanding", or lack thereof and heed not His guidance as in John 16.
So sad and highly visible for all to witness.
Man, that's impressive. Every time one of you says something, the other shows up right away.

It's like y'all just can't WAIT to get your "I'm so holy" boost by putting each other down.

So do y'all have each other on a notify list, like y'all get alerted when each other makes a post? Or do y'all just refresh webpages all day?

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021

Let me first explain something that a LOT of people don't really understand.

Churches often heavily recruit people to join and become regular members of their organization.

But the reasons aren't as straightforward as you think.
Because the truth is different than the appearance.

You need church much more than a church needs you. And the regular members have a regularly scheduled time they meet. You either join them on time or not. Because your late entry is distracting others from concentrating on the lessons. They are not as casual about those lessons as you are being.

Again....you need them infinitely more than they need you. They only recruit you because you, in your ignorance, don't understand this concept.

Maybe by being respectful of others you can learn something.

May 27, 2023
My whole point was not to ask for "get well wishes" far from it, but new people go to church for the first time than they never want to go back to church again, I have two friends that went to church once when they were young children and never want to go back to church.

Lets find ways to make people more welcome into church for the first time. I went to one church for the first time someone was making a booing sound during the hymn I felt as if the person did not like the hymn, I walked out during that hymn and never want to go to back there again.

Someone else I know think church people are hypocrites.

Personally I think church should be the best, friendliest, stressless place to go every week, not meeting loose head bimbos.

I never thought I would stand up for the gun industry, I honestly think it is not guns that kill, every time there is a massacre it is stress, there was something in their life that pushed them over the cliff, and we could start with fast food for one.