Cistern of religion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 25, 2015
Jer 2:13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

We are caught up in the cistern of religion. Without the flowing living water of the well of God we will become poisoned to a point where religion will have a higher priority than Yeshua the Messiah.

Isa 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation (Yeshua); I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD YHWH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation (Yeshua).
Isa 12:3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of Yeshua (salvation).

Everything in the Bible is about our saviour. Praise God for He is almighty.

Father show us your living water, in Yeshua's name we pray. Amen

D

DesiredHaven

Broken cisterns/ wells (which can hold no water) reminds me of an evil heart of unbelief, or of wells without water in 2 Peters 2:17 As it says in Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God, even as our God is our fountain of living waters Jerm 2:13 They had forsaken

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Dec 26, 2014
not every one has an evil heart or desires evil, when first they are trapped / caught in the cistern of man's religion(s).

i was raised in and around and immersed in cisterns of man's religion, and thought for many years that
that was somehow 'right' and even "God's Way",

even though it (man's religions - not just rcc, though rcc is worst of all) is empty / void / of power and denies the power of yahweh , and denies yahshua daily in their activities, in their doctrines, in their practices, and in their hearts and minds and souls.

but some are set free, miraculously YES!, some are set free, JUST EXACTLY LIKE JESUS DAY.... by

sheer grace and mercy and forgiveness and yahweh's will - apart from which no one can be relieved (of the

deception of sin and of the world and of demons and of religion or religious 'anything'..... )

i.e. E X A C T L Y LIKE yahshua told simon peter - "blessed art thou simon barjona,

......................................... FOR FLESH AND BLOOD HAS NOT REVEALED THIS TO YOU

and that has made all the difference !!

that is why those deceived by heresy(all, not just rcc) are deceived still -- they trust flesh and blood.
that is why anyone in any other way or religion are deceived still -- they trust something other....

Jan 25, 2015
If we are in the cistern of religion the great I am will have more priority than the Great I Am. We will value what we interpret higher than the word of God. Man made doctrines are the problem and we should rather encourage our brothers and sisters by reading the word with them than discourage them and feeding them earthly lies.

Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

In the cistern we can find living water for a while, but when the rain stops and the drought come we will struggle because the flow of water has left us. The flowing living water of Yeshua the Messiah is our source to eternal life.