Civil war coming to America?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

In the event of a coup or a takeover, would you take up arms to restore lawful authority to America?

• Yes. I would take up arms until every last traitor was rounded up and put on trial.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes, but in a limited manner. I would take up arms to protect my community from traitors.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No, I would not take up arms, unless my family was directly threatened.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No, I would not take up arms. All forms of killing are sin.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Other. The above actions do not properly describe the action I would take.

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
You mean "summer of love" peaceful protesters? Love how the Dems flip the narrative when it pleases them.
I thought the "Summer of Love" was 1966. My parents even went to San Francisco to 'see' the Hippies. That was quite different.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
:giggle: is this the right time to explain the meaning of the word irony? :unsure:
Actually no it's not because his use of the term false dichotomy was incorrect as my argument was not a false dichotomy

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
And then there is this

Mexico Demands Explanation for Obama-era Gun-walking Scandal

TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2020

SUPPORT NRA-ILA
Nearly a decade has passed since the public first learned of the botched Obama-era gunwalking scandal Operation Fast and Furious. These days, Barack Obama spends his time collecting money from a lucrative Netflix contract, shuffling between lavish homes in Washington, D.C. and on Martha's Vineyard, and occasionally offering his tepid support for presumptive democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. Former Attorney General Eric Holder enjoys a profitable position as a "rainmaker" at high-powered D.C. law firm Covington. Meanwhile, those who lost loved ones to the Obama Department of Justice's misguided gun trafficking scheme are still searching for answers and accountability.
On Friday May 8, Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obradorshared his intent to demand that the U.S. provide Mexico with further information on Operation Fast and Furious. According to Reuters, the failed operation has once again come to the forefront of Mexican politics "amid a debate over historic U.S.-Mexico cooperation on security." Speaking of the gunwalking scheme at a news conference, Obrador said, "How could this be? A government that invades in this way, that flagrantly violates sovereignty, international laws."
The following Monday, Mexico Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard announced in a video message that the country had sent a diplomatic note to the U.S. Embassy seeking information on Operation Fast and Furious. The minister made clear who he wanted information on. Reuters reported that "In the video, Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard cited former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder as saying Mexican authorities knew about the 2009-2011 scheme known as ‘Fast and Furious’" and that "It was the first time Ebrard or President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador had made direct reference by name to a key U.S. figure connected to the program since the issue resurfaced in Mexico a week ago."
Operation Fast and Furious was largely run out of the Tucson and Phoenix ATF field offices. Agents would allow suspected illegal purchases of firearms by gun traffickers to take place and then track the guns with the purported goal of uncovering the workings of a larger criminal organization for which these individuals were purchasing firearms. In some cases, concerned FFLs were instructed by ATF to go forward with suspicious transactions. Rather than interdicting these firearms, ATF permitted the guns to flow into Mexico.
On December 14, 2010, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was shot to death in a gunfight with armed criminals near the Mexican border. Following the incident, firearms used by the criminals were traced to Operation Fast and Furious. Subsequently, whistleblower ATF Agent John Dodson, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), intrepid gun rights supporters, and CBS journalist Sharyl Attkisson helped bring the truth of what happened to the public. Illustrating the opacity of the Obama DOJ, the DOJ inspector general was forced to open an investigation into whether the government had retaliated against Dodson after he came forward with information on the botched gunwalking scheme.
Word of the failed operation struck a nerve with gun rights advocates. Around the same time as the operation was taking place, American gun rights were being blamed by the Obama Administration for Mexico's crime problem.
In March 2009, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton scolded Americans, stating, “Our inability to prevent weapons from being illegally smuggled across the border to arm these criminals causes the deaths of police officers, soldiers and civilians.”In an interview with NBC's Andrea Mitchell that same month, Clinton endorsed a ban on commonly owned semi-automatics firearms. Mitchell brought up the problem of Mexican violence and a potential "assault weapons" ban, to which Clinton responded "I think these assault weapons, these military style weapons don't belong on any one's street."
By its conclusion, the failed operation involved as many as 2,000 firearms. The firearms have been found at numerous crime scenes in Mexico. As of 2016, Operation Fast and Furious firearms were linked to at least 69 killings. That same year, CBS news reported that one of the firearms was found at the hideout of notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquin "el Chapo" Guzman.
In 2012, the U.S. House of Representatives voted 255-67 to hold then-Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for failing to hand over requested documents related to Operation Fast and Furious.
Mexico's request for further information on Operation Fast and Furious is understandable, given the Obama administration's extensive efforts to conceal the details of the gunwalking scheme. Moreover, American gun owners have an interest in a full accounting of the misguided operation.

American Democrats and other leftists, want us all to go away and pretend nothing happened.

Even Mexico would like answers it seems they are never going to get. Well I guess it would be hard for Mexico to forget when the guns coming from the US compliments of Holder with Obama's approval, are still being found at Mexican crime scenes

Nothing to see here. :confused:

Oh this article was put out by the NRA so they made it up? Agent Brian Terry was shot to death in a gunfight with armed criminals using guns Holden sent? WHERE IS THE HALF MAST FLAG FOR THAT? Nothing to see here
I think we’d all like an explanation to that and Benghazi...

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
Except not really
when people storm a government building carrying zip ties, it's fairly safe to assume they intend to take hostages
If they were all armed with zip ties I would think taking hostages would have been an option for sure.

However, if the Trump fanatical thugs who stormed the building were successful in getting hostages without weapons, it would seem rather futile to take hostages with only zip ties to hold the Hill police/regular police/SWAT/etc... back. They are insane, but I'm not convinced they really wanted to take hostages.

I did hear something about a pipe bomb. Maybe if the pipe bomb and zip ties were found together, then I can see it being a possibility.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
You cannot use logic, reason and facts on people who do not use it in the first place.
Fake news. Your all a bunch of commie, leftist, baby killers! Rush Limbaugh for president. Only support the freedom of speech that you/we/I agree with. Hail Caesar!

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Fake news. Your all a bunch of commie, leftist, baby killers! Rush Limbaugh for president. Only support the freedom of speech that you/we/I agree with. Hail Caesar!
Rush Limbaugh is an idiot

E

EleventhHour

A mental illness and delusion disguised as a "movement"

2016 Quote: "Our movement is...
Donald Trump's secret war with the deep state is enacted.... let the delusion begin :D

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
I can see presenting facts to MAGA people is a real waste of time.
Yes, a complete waste of time. They are just parroting each other and are launching conspiracy theories. Some snarky comments about people disagreeing with them, combined with a dash of slander and ad hominem attacks.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Yes, a complete waste of time. They are just parroting each other and are launching conspiracy theories. Some snarky comments about people disagreeing with them, combined with a dash of slander and ad hominem attacks.
one thing the Trump presidency has shown us he's just how completely diconnected from reality a large portion of the population really is

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Biden to Nominate Anti-Second Amendment Judge Merrick Garland for Attorney General
THURSDAY, JANUARY 7, 2021

SUPPORT NRA-ILA
At a news conference on January 7th, President-elect Joe Biden announced he will nominate U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit Judge Merrick Garland for Attorney General. Biden’s choice of a noted Second Amendment opponent to lead the Department of Justice is an overt assault on gun rights and gun owners.
Following the death of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia in February 2016, President Barack Obama nominated Garland as Justice Scalia’s replacement. With an understanding of Garland’s unacceptable jurisprudence, NRA strongly opposed Garland’s nomination and the Senate wisely chose not to consider the nomination.
Garland’s anti-Second Amendment position is clear from his record. Garland does not believe the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms. On March 9, 2007, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia issued a ruling in Parker v. District of Columbia, the precursor to Heller v. District of Columbia. The opinion struck down the District of Columbia’s complete ban on the civilian ownership of handguns and recognized that the Second Amendment protects an individual right. Expressing disapproval of the panel’s ruling, Garland voted to rehear the case.
Moreover, Garland has worked to undermine a federal statute meant to protect gun owners from firearms registration. In the 2000 case NRA v. Reno, NRA sued to stop the Department of Justice from retaining successful National Instant Criminal Backgrounds Check System (NICS) transaction records in what the agency termed an “audit log.” In relation to NICS, federal law (18 U.S.C. 922(t)(2)(c)) requires the government to “destroy all records of the system with respect to the call (other than the identifying number and the date the number was assigned) and all records of the system relating to the person or the transfer.” In a three-judge panel, Garland joined a colleague to uphold this Department of Justice practice, imperiling the privacy of gun owners.

I will believe Biden et al are anti-gun when they take away the firearms of the Secret Police and others who protect the cowards who wish to disarm the nation

I don't have any guns so don't bother to try that one on. Nothing to see here, right?
Setting out to disarm America is a good way start a war.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/nra-gabby-giffords-lobbyist-second-amendment/2021/01/10/id/1005017/

K

kaylagrl

I thought the "Summer of Love" was 1966. My parents even went to San Francisco to 'see' the Hippies. That was quite different.
Yeah I think they kind of used that phrase inappropriately...

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Compared with true love, yes. But overwrought passion and violence are the fruit of eros if eros is not constrained by virtue.

It is no coincidence that the violence of the mid-late sixties came on the heels of the sexual revolution.

Yeah I think they kind of used that phrase inappropriately...

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Indeed, if Americans were more fluent in Greek, I'd just call it the Summer of Eros.

The 2016 election would be the Thymos Election as well.

Alas...

CS1

May 23, 2012
one thing the Trump presidency has shown us he's just how completely diconnected from reality a large portion of the population really is
I bet you think Biden is a genius?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I'm sure you are more accomplished than he.
if you don't believe me just Google it for yourself and you can see a lot of disgusting racist and misogynistic things he has said

CS1

May 23, 2012
if you don't believe me just Google it for yourself and you can see a lot of disgusting racist and misogynistic things he has said
I saw a lot of racist stuff from the DNC over the past 15 years lol

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
When Rush started out, it was not uncommon for him to make fun of KKK and Neo-Confederate types because they supported the Clintons.

I saw a lot of racist stuff from the DNC over the past 15 years lol