Classic Christian Rock

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 13, 2020
Texas
are they christian ?
Yes, they are a Christian band. The lead singer is actually quite possibly the dude responsible for popularizing the name "Nevaeh," or "heaven" spelled backwards (it's what he named one of his daughters with his wife).

G

Godsgirl83

They were literally labeled as a rap group when they first started. Rap beats and rapping.
And let's not forget this little gem.

well now, that's taking a trip on the way back machine :LOL: just a few years before I first knew of them.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
are you "down with the DC TALK!..... D-D-Down with the DC TALK"?
:LOL:
I played "Jesus Freak" for the kiddos the other day.
They ROFLOL :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFL: while I "mom danced" to it...........

hubs looked at me like I'm nuts.........
(he might've been right :LOL:;) )
Jesus freak should be in the Christian music hall of fame. I would do the same lol

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
They were literally labeled as a rap group when they first started. Rap beats and rapping.
And let's not forget this little gem.

Man I remember that song when it came out. Rap was not my fav but I did enjoy DC Talk. I believe they were the first group that brought rap into Christian music (well at least somewhat decent lol). I’d say they were between rock and contemporary.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Man I remember that song when it came out. Rap was not my fav but I did enjoy DC Talk. I believe they were the first group that brought rap into Christian music (well at least somewhat decent lol). I’d say they were between rock and contemporary.
They were far from the first to bring in rap, just the first to gain any real popularity. They took a more pop mainstream approach while others attempted a more authentic approach, thus the lack of mainstream popularity.

G

Godsgirl83

Is there a thread for hymns ?
um, you could just search the threads in the music forum.......
if you don't find any that fir what you're looking for, then start your own.