Clinical depression

  • Thread starter Thread starter YouOnlyLiveTwice
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Guest
I'm pretty sure I'm clinically depressed

Just need prayers and support.

I have a heart ablation surgery next week Tuesday, in order to correct my aFib.

I also just haven't been a good Christian at all and feel like I failed in my relationship, and I feel like there is no way possible to repair it.

I've was watching pornography and or masturbating daily, without fear of God

I stopped going on my daily walks and lifting weights.

I stopped going anywhere

I have so much emotional pain and I'm hurt.

I take full responsibility of my actions and the outcome of all of this.

Only God can repair all of this.
 
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

The fight against the flesh is to get up every time we fall and to keep carrying that cross. It sounds like you have a lot going on, and at the heart of it is a lot of mental anguish. As I said in a previous post, I'll be praying for you this week.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Standard and crmvet
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

The fight against the flesh is to get up every time we fall and to keep carrying that cross. It sounds like you have a lot going on, and at the heart of it is a lot of mental anguish. As I said in a previous post, I'll be praying for you this week.
Thank you @JamesTheLesserLesser I truly appreciate it 🙂
 
  • Like
Reactions: Standard
I'm pretty sure I'm clinically depressed

Just need prayers and support.

I have a heart ablation surgery next week Tuesday, in order to correct my aFib.

I also just haven't been a good Christian at all and feel like I failed in my relationship, and I feel like there is no way possible to repair it.

I've was watching pornography and or masturbating daily, without fear of God

I stopped going on my daily walks and lifting weights.

I stopped going anywhere

I have so much emotional pain and I'm hurt.

I take full responsibility of my actions and the outcome of all of this.

Only God can repair all of this.
I feel your pain and don't want to make this about me.

When my kids were young, my x left me for a younger man. Worse depresion I was ever in, to me nothing can compare.

Some people are neat and like things in order others live with everything a mess.

During it all I went for help, it's worse for people who like things in order.

Medication didn't seem to help more like time.

Life is like having a back pack full of bricks somedays you pick one up others you drop 2.

Have to do a total rebuld, so do you read GOD'S word to get on the stright path?

So we have the wide road and the narrow one, it's up to us.

I don't mean to be rude but JESUS can help us, has JESUS filled you with HIS spirit?

Our first example.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

JESUS is our best friend, we need to be humble and listen to his voice.

GOD send me a better women who was a great step mom and been married for over 25 years now.

The road I was on was much eaiser after I learned to listen and would have been eaiser if I obeyed more.

JESUS knows everything about you, he knows how many hairs on your head.

HE knows what you like and what your going to do tommorow.

JESUS knows EVERYTING so why not get real close to HIM and let HIM guide you?

Note, when your doing things you shoudn't HE will leave you, JESUS has nothing to do with sin.

BUT HE will come back, when you repent but your really going to have to repent HE also konws if you mean it.

Keep in mind we all fall short you are not alone, GOD BLESS YOU, your never alone with JESUS.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Standard
Yes, I read/listen to scripture pretty much daily. Sometimes I’ll listen to psalms all day or night.

I don’t know if you know the meaning of “YouOnlyLiveTwice” but it means I was born again, thus having the Holy Spirit.

Thank you for all of these reminders @Ouch

I love your username by the way.

Really, thanks for sharing everything you just shared.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ouch
What happened to getting married and moving away?
I think she and I are taking things slower than I originally thought. I think it's more realistic that she and I meet up a few times to continue getting to know each other in person, so we know we are compatible.

It's just better not to rush something like marriage, in my opinion, and I believe she agrees with that as well.

She and I seem to be enjoying each other's company daily.

Once a certain respect for boundaries is established and a few other things are situated, I have no doubt that things will work out and marriage will be more planned out, instead of just rushing to the altar.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jacko and Standard
I think she and I are taking things slower than I originally thought. I think it's more realistic that she and I meet up a few times to continue getting to know each other in person, so we know we are compatible.

It's just better not to rush something like marriage, in my opinion, and I believe she agrees with that as well.

She and I seem to be enjoying each other's company daily.

Once a certain respect for boundaries is established and a few other things are situated, I have no doubt that things will work out and marriage will be more planned out, instead of just rushing to the altar.

Use this time to focus on your physical health and mental health and of course spiritual.
Mind, body, soul like they say.
 
  • Like
Reactions: YouOnlyLiveTwice