Coin Shortage- on the road to a cashless society

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2017
I have been noticing a lot of places are only accepting debit and credit cards, and talking about a coin shortage.

Which Walmart where I live only accepts debit and credit cards, and other places, and China bought Walmart in 2015.

Coinstar accept coins and gives people a voucher to convert to bills, and has been operating since 1991, and is all around America.

Which they are in the Walmarts, and many other stores.

Is Coinstar collecting those coins but not allowing them to be circulated, as well as Walmart collecting coins, and other big businesses, and banks, and not allowing them to be circulated.

For if there is a depletion of coins, or a big coin shortage, then bills become obsolete for the majority of purchases involve change, and the majority of purchases do not end on the dollar amount.

That would make America cashless and all purchases on a debit or credit card, which will lead to a chip just under the skin with all information about the person on the chip including finances to be able to buy or sell, which they want a biometric system to be in place in the future.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
During the lockdown we had fewer people out spending cash so now there's less cash in circulation right now.
There's nothing to freak out about. It will be back to normal eventually

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I have been noticing a lot of places are only accepting debit and credit cards, and talking about a coin shortage.

Which Walmart where I live only accepts debit and credit cards, and other places, and China bought Walmart in 2015.

Coinstar accept coins and gives people a voucher to convert to bills, and has been operating since 1991, and is all around America.

Which they are in the Walmarts, and many other stores.

Is Coinstar collecting those coins but not allowing them to be circulated, as well as Walmart collecting coins, and other big businesses, and banks, and not allowing them to be circulated.

For if there is a depletion of coins, or a big coin shortage, then bills become obsolete for the majority of purchases involve change, and the majority of purchases do not end on the dollar amount.

That would make America cashless and all purchases on a debit or credit card, which will lead to a chip just under the skin with all information about the person on the chip including finances to be able to buy or sell, which they want a biometric system to be in place in the future.
The excuse? The virus!
Here there are notices that claim the virus lives on coins for a period of time. Which is why they're forbidden to be used for purchases in those places bearing those signs. Other places claim there is a coin shortage, which of course is nonsense.
If coins carry the virus, paper money does even more so. When they stop accepting paper money we're in trouble.

After this thing first started there were shops here that couldn't accept cards because their systems were down. One gas station with many bays and pumps couldn't sell gas at the pumps for the same reason just last week.
Hackers as we know can put a wallop on the retail market if they choose to. And if we arrive at a point where only cards are accepted, and cards can't be processed, what happens to both retailer and consumer then?

There's a movement afoot here that floats back the projections of the pending cashless society. Their efforts are to assuage preparation so that people who fall for the float end up in a panic for having not prepared for the worst. Taking the word of the appointed floaters over basic common sense.

Prepare for the worst pray for the best.
Buy silver and gold. Small silver pieces and gold as well. You don't want just gold because you'll have to use that for something small that a mere silver piece would have got you.

This is the first time in history that a flu virus has been used to reform the landscape of the world. It isn't for nothing. And all things will not return to normal when it is all over because this has been going since March and it isn't over yet.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well yea cash is handled by heaps of people in retail so it does have to be washed if people touch it and dont wash their hands.
notes also get dirty. But a lot of notes are plastic. NZ notes are, so they last a bit longer.

If youve ever worked in retail you know you always have to give change if people pay by cash. Eftpos in many respects is much easier, but theres also after pay. You dont always have to have credit.

its not a chip on the hand its put on a card. I wouldnt put money on a chip on my hand. Thats just a bit paranoid. if you have an account with the store you can say your name or number but only if you are known with the store.
thats why you shouldnt give your passwords or pin numbers to anyone.

Dont spend money on stuff thats unnecessary...its only really your problem if you have too much (not a bad problem to have, but some people DO go crazy buying up everything and dont leave anything for others, thats just being greedy)

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
No telling how unsanitary cash is
You don't know where it's been and who all has touched it

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
well yea cash is handled by heaps of people in retail so it does have to be washed if people touch it and dont wash their hands.
notes also get dirty. But a lot of notes are plastic. NZ notes are, so they last a bit longer.

If youve ever worked in retail you know you always have to give change if people pay by cash. Eftpos in many respects is much easier, but theres also after pay. You dont always have to have credit.

its not a chip on the hand its put on a card. I wouldnt put money on a chip on my hand. Thats just a bit paranoid. if you have an account with the store you can say your name or number but only if you are known with the store.
thats why you shouldnt give your passwords or pin numbers to anyone.

Dont spend money on stuff thats unnecessary...its only really your problem if you have too much (not a bad problem to have, but some people DO go crazy buying up everything and dont leave anything for others, thats just being greedy)
Paranoid? Chip implants that replace currency and our credit and debit cards? Don't tell the citizens of Sweden that. This is old news. (April)
https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020...-credit-cars-eliminating-coronavirus-contact/

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
During the lockdown we had fewer people out spending cash so now there's less cash in circulation right now.
There's nothing to freak out about. It will be back to normal eventually
sure. just like 2 weeks to flatten the curve, just like " just to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed ", just like .......

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
* except the cdc announced 2 months ago that the virus does NOT linger on surfaces.

source- cdc website.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
sure. just like 2 weeks to flatten the curve, just like " just to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed ", just like .......
I will alert Alex Jones immediately

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Paranoid? Chip implants that replace currency and our credit and debit cards? Don't tell the citizens of Sweden that. This is old news. (April)
https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020...-credit-cars-eliminating-coronavirus-contact/
the swedes have the option but not all of them are taking it and some actually are sceptical about it as said in the article.
Personally I wouldnt thats just daft. You can just wash your hands, but maybe some swedes are too lazy to do that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
depends on what the surface is, if its say plastic or a hard cold surface it can stay.
If its paper it wont stay forever, or if its exposed to sunlight or hot water will kill it.

besides if chip was put on hand and you didnt wash your hands, youd still be touching something with your hands. cos of touch screens etc.And people dont always wipe down their devices either.

G

Godsgirl83

Has anyone else noticed stores asking you to "round up" your change?
So if your total is $5.79 you round up the .21 cents, making it an even $6 purchase, and that extra change supposedly is going to local charities.

I stumped the (very young) cashier one day by asking her if my receipt is going to have a proof of donation so that come tax time I have something to show for all this "rounding up".... all this "donating to local charitable organizations"........
she couldn't answer.

I've seen the cash drawers when they are open. They look as full (some fuller) than ever before.

A few weeks ago while paying cash and picking up my carry out food order at a local restaurant, the owner seemed a little baffled when counting back my change. I thought maybe the so called "coin shortage" was affecting him, and having a couple dollars of change in my purse, I asked him if he needed to buy the change out. He smiled said "no" and thanked me (he was baffled by something else). He told me that as far as change goes, they have had no problems getting it at the bank or from customers. That as a business owner he feels the whole thing is (what else) a scam/ set up, and that they have had more cash transactions now than ever before.

E

EleventhHour

Cash is very unsanitary, fecal matter, cocaine, bacteria....etc., especially when it had cotton and linen.
I think now there is more plastic.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
depends on what the surface is, if its say plastic or a hard cold surface it can stay.
If its paper it wont stay forever, or if its exposed to sunlight or hot water will kill it.

besides if chip was put on hand and you didnt wash your hands, youd still be touching something with your hands. cos of touch screens etc.And people dont always wipe down their devices either.
There was a study done some time ago, forget how long now, as pertained to transference of virus, bacteria, and the like, on common public surfaces and cellphones.

What was the most common contaminant, bacteria, etc... found on the majority of cellphones tested? That transference as pertained to fecal matter! :sick: The study figured people are so addicted to their phones that they pick them up with their hands even after going to the bathroom and without thinking of the transfer. If not for work I nearly forget my phone when I leave the house. Even some days when I have a busy schedule, on work days too.
Take it or leave it. But some people act as if their phone is an added appendage they can't live without. I saw this video of a guy being interrogated by homicide detectives. You know it's Monday when that happens. He'd laid his phone on the table and a detective grabbed it up and told him they were going to check his phone to secure the alibi he'd given.
This guy was enormous! Made the detectives look like little kids in comparison. He stands up and starts going after the detectives. "Don't take my phone, don't take my phone!" Over and over again till three of them had to block him and get him to sit down.

Guy! You're in a police station being interrogated about A MURDER!o_O
And your phone is your primary concern?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
There was a study done some time ago, forget how long now, as pertained to transference of virus, bacteria, and the like, on common public surfaces and cellphones.

What was the most common contaminant, bacteria, etc... found on the majority of cellphones tested? That transference as pertained to fecal matter! :sick: The study figured people are so addicted to their phones that they pick them up with their hands even after going to the bathroom and without thinking of the transfer. If not for work I nearly forget my phone when I leave the house. Even some days when I have a busy schedule, on work days too.
Take it or leave it. But some people act as if their phone is an added appendage they can't live without. I saw this video of a guy being interrogated by homicide detectives. You know it's Monday when that happens. He'd laid his phone on the table and a detective grabbed it up and told him they were going to check his phone to secure the alibi he'd given.
This guy was enormous! Made the detectives look like little kids in comparison. He stands up and starts going after the detectives. "Don't take my phone, don't take my phone!" Over and over again till three of them had to block him and get him to sit down.

Guy! You're in a police station being interrogated about A MURDER!o_O
And your phone is your primary concern?
Or perhaps there was something on his phone he didn't want them to see? It's hard to determine ones motives. But easy to apply motives that fit your own view.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
No it's because during the shutdown there were fewer people out spending cash so there's less cash in circulation right now. Eventually the problem will correct itself

D

DWR

I use cash for all purchases and have not seen a single problem.
Everything seem normal in my area stores.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Or perhaps there was something on his phone he didn't want them to see?
No kidding. As in evidence of a murder.
It's hard to determine ones motives. But easy to apply motives that fit your own view.
Perhaps, but that is non-applicable to the event I was sharing. My so called motives nor view are relevant. In point of fact the man in question had evidence on that phone of communications and threats he'd made with the victim of a homicide that was found just a matter of hours after his communication with that victim. Turns out, phone man was the murderer. All filmed for the record by those who are responsible for the show, First 48.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
No kidding. As in evidence of a murder. Perhaps, but that is non-applicable to the event I was sharing. My so called motives nor view are relevant. In point of fact the man in question had evidence on that phone of communications and threats he'd made with the victim of a homicide that was found just a matter of hours after his communication with that victim. Turns out, phone man was the murderer. All filmed for the record by those who are responsible for the show, First 48.
Right. But your post was about how people cling to their phones, like addicts. Then you used that example, but he wasn't being a phone addict, but hidinf evidence. So there is no connect between your original point and the story. It was misleading to add it at all.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
No it's because during the shutdown there were fewer people out spending cash so there's less cash in circulation right now. Eventually the problem will correct itself
* just like we had to shelter in place for 2 weeks to flatten the curve.

149 days into that.....