Col 2:16-17

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Tribesman, why would you want to add SINLESS to perfection, is God's perfection not perfect enough for you? Are there any other kind of perfection for you?

If you want I will share with you the revelation of the verse IF CHRIST HAS NOT RISEN... Let me ask you this...IF THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST HAS RISEN IN MY FLESH, CAN HE SIN? And if HE DID NOT can that person sin?

There now you should have no problem with the powerful verse.. AND this verse does not VS, the perfection, it confirms it.
I am not the one who teaches perfection by own performance, so I don't know why you ask me. God's perfection is absolutely enough perfect for me. It was bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Heb.10

[1] For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
[2] For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
[3] But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
[4] For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
[8] Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
[10] By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
[11] And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
[12] But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
[13] From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
[14] For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
[15] Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
[16] This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
[17] And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
[18] Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

J

jimmydiggs

This Seventh Day Adventism stuff is pretty deadly. It's one thing to ask others to obey ceremonial and civil laws of the Old Covenants, but is entirely enough to worship Ellen G. White.

Nov 26, 2012
1 Corinthians 15:17

New King James Version (NKJV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP]And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!
NIV
“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.[SUP]31 [/SUP]Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? [SUP]32 [/SUP]For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

For every action there is a reaction.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
do you sda people ever post anything helpful or is it just going to be endless harping on saturday vs sunday stuff?

J

jimmydiggs

do you sda people ever post anything helpful or is it just going to be endless harping on saturday vs sunday stuff?
It's the only thing they have they can present openly. All cults do that, they don't expose you to the full truth because it would keep you away.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
NIV
“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.[SUP]31 [/SUP]Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?[SUP]32 [/SUP]For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

For every action there is a reaction.
I don't preach that sin has no consequences, if that's what your suggesting. I preach the kingdom of God is now, and Christ has and is restoring all things unto Himself. And entering into His kingdom comes by authentic repentance and faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ. Therefore my mind set is bent on what the Lord has done and is doing within, and those who have been born again have been restored completely by Him alone and then enter into the sabbath rest; which is what God originally created us for at creation. There is no God given mandate to man in Gen. 2:1-3 to worship on the last day or rest on that last, or any day in particular. It all points to His people worshiping in spirit and truth all the time, and put our trust in the work of Christ for our rest.

Believe what you wish, condemn as you like, it was Christ who was viewed as a outlaw (a beautiful outlaw) in His sojourn on earth. Christ will have the final say.

Nov 26, 2012
I don't preach that sin has no consequences, if that's what your suggesting. I preach the kingdom of God is now, and Christ has and is restoring all things unto Himself. And entering into His kingdom comes by authentic repentance and faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ. Therefore my mind set is bent on what the Lord has done and is doing within, and those who have been born again have been restored completely by Him alone and then enter into the sabbath rest; which is what God originally created us for at creation. There is no God given mandate to man in Gen. 2:1-3 to worship on the last day or rest on that last, or any day in particular. It all points to His people worshiping in spirit and truth all the time, and put our trust in the work of Christ for our rest.

Believe what you wish, condemn as you like, it was Christ who was viewed as a outlaw (a beautiful outlaw) in His sojourn on earth. Christ will have the final say.
I'm only sayin' there more to what could be added on to what you said, not sayin' anything against, and not once did I mention that I was referring to any sort of condemnation. I was simply addin' on.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I'm only sayin' there more to what could be added on to what you said, not sayin' anything against, and not once did I mention that I was referring to any sort of condemnation. I was simply addin' on.
Sorry, I misinterpreted your intent.

Oct 31, 2011
We are trying to talk about scripture, obedience, what and how, not about the merits or disadvantages of a denomination to judge, or how we are to judge the different posters. Get next to yourself!!!