I don't really do this... I don't blog... I don't vlog... I'll probably delete this at some point; maybe minutes after writing it. I don't even care if anyone reads this. That would be a colossal waste of time lol. I'm just doing it because I can... for my amusement.
Is this even how you blog? AM I DOING THIS RIGHT!?
Thx, Craig.
Anywho... story time
I was preparing to take my dog for a walk yesterday and could not find her collar, so I was digging around and found a blue collar. This wasn't Chloe's. I hadn't seen this particular collar in quite a long time.
Mission Report: Sometime in 1999(Captain America joke)... I was 10 or that's what they told me. We had stopped by a grocery store on our way home... it was probably 8/9pm. My mom waited with my siblings in the car while I ran in to get whatever I was getting. I was such a big boy. lol. Anyway, I come out to the car - It's dark(obviously) and cold outside(I guess it was winter? idk) - but, I see this lady talking to my mom at the window. She's bundled up. I assumed asking for money? So I get in the car... heat is nice... and I notice that she's somehow holding this black lab.
To make a short story longer, this lady was totally in tears. She said that the dog was her best friend, but that she could no longer take care of it, and she named her Spirit because she brought so much joy. Something like that. She basically pleaded for us to take her(we didn't have dogs) and so we did. We never heard from, nor saw the lady again. Tbh, I found it weird that she was outside of a grocery story at that hour trying to give away a dog... but she tells us what type of food she likes and we were on our way.
We had Spirit for a while, but her fatal flaw was that she loved to chase cars. One day my dad hit her on the way to work and was unfortunately unable to miss work, so that was that. After school we looked until we found her. I rarely ever cry, but the tears were real that day XD. She was the first we had since I was a baby, so basically my first dog. We lived in the country at the time, so we took care of her.
I kept the collar. 17 years later I still have it. It still has blood stains. It's blue with her name written on it. I think I kept it because I felt that I owed it to her, because she died alone. But tbh, it means nothing to me now. Time does not heal all wounds, but maybe it did this one. It would make sense for me to just throw it away, but I still can't for some reason. I suck at letting go. Maybe we all do to some extent and that's okay.
I put it back where I found it.
Is this even how you blog? AM I DOING THIS RIGHT!?
Thx, Craig.
Anywho... story time
I was preparing to take my dog for a walk yesterday and could not find her collar, so I was digging around and found a blue collar. This wasn't Chloe's. I hadn't seen this particular collar in quite a long time.
Mission Report: Sometime in 1999(Captain America joke)... I was 10 or that's what they told me. We had stopped by a grocery store on our way home... it was probably 8/9pm. My mom waited with my siblings in the car while I ran in to get whatever I was getting. I was such a big boy. lol. Anyway, I come out to the car - It's dark(obviously) and cold outside(I guess it was winter? idk) - but, I see this lady talking to my mom at the window. She's bundled up. I assumed asking for money? So I get in the car... heat is nice... and I notice that she's somehow holding this black lab.
To make a short story longer, this lady was totally in tears. She said that the dog was her best friend, but that she could no longer take care of it, and she named her Spirit because she brought so much joy. Something like that. She basically pleaded for us to take her(we didn't have dogs) and so we did. We never heard from, nor saw the lady again. Tbh, I found it weird that she was outside of a grocery story at that hour trying to give away a dog... but she tells us what type of food she likes and we were on our way.
We had Spirit for a while, but her fatal flaw was that she loved to chase cars. One day my dad hit her on the way to work and was unfortunately unable to miss work, so that was that. After school we looked until we found her. I rarely ever cry, but the tears were real that day XD. She was the first we had since I was a baby, so basically my first dog. We lived in the country at the time, so we took care of her.
I kept the collar. 17 years later I still have it. It still has blood stains. It's blue with her name written on it. I think I kept it because I felt that I owed it to her, because she died alone. But tbh, it means nothing to me now. Time does not heal all wounds, but maybe it did this one. It would make sense for me to just throw it away, but I still can't for some reason. I suck at letting go. Maybe we all do to some extent and that's okay.
I put it back where I found it.