Colour

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Lets talk about colour..skin, hair eyes

Everyone feel free to add their colour to the rainbow

I have friends whos parents are not the same colour as each other, and so they look different from their parents. They may even look different from their brothers and sisters.

For me, its boring my parents are the same colour, so they have black hair and brown eyes and whitish skin so I just have the same. It is good in some ways as but in other ways having a diffrent colour from everyone else (like when Im out and about) can be a drag. But I got used to it being the only one, in some ways it makes you feel more special.

I also think people tend to assume if you going to marry or go with someone, they ought to be the same colour, or conversely some people only go for someone if they are a certain colour. Sometimes that does my head in a bit.

when I hang round with whiter people, they would moan about their pale skin and want to be tanned and even go to tanning salons to get their skin darker. When I hang round with darker people, its what do I do with my hair?! I cant dye it cos its black already.

It got me thinking about the yin yang symbol and I wondered if that was emblematic of something.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
May I ask,sis @Lanolin Why does having a "whiter skin" make you feel special? Thank you. (I am actually uncomfortable to say the word white,whiter) or black when referring to a person)

When you stop comparing yourself to other people you become more comfortable with yourself.

What's on the surface doesn't matter it is what's on the inside that counts ☺(we read about this all the time and I still believe it)

As Christians we should not care about the physical feature of a person... We are all human being and we bleed the same color...the world will segregate us from black, blue, yellow,orange,pink or white... But God doesn't... And we should not too...❤

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I didnt say having whiter skin makes me feel special, not sure what you mean by that?!
I meant being different colour from everyone else. I dont have white skin, its more browny tan. In a sea of dark skin, im lighter. But ina sea of blondes, Im black. Its kind. iF I go to asia blend right in.

You have no idea how people that peoople see what colour people are on their on skin, hair and eyes EVERY DAY. Thats why we wear different colour clothes. To change it up a bit.

to say it doesnt matter is to be blind and not appreciate what colours we are..because God didnt make humans all of one colour did He?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
also, I didnt compare myself to other people. How can I when theres nothing to compare lol.

Apples dont compare themsemselves with oranges. I think people need to appreciate fruit salads more and mix things up abit. I think if we were all just vanilla or chocolate it would be very boring.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I went to this opshop once and the books were all organised by colour. I got so annoyed cos I couldnt find the books I wanted by author or topic.

lol. You shouldnt do that to books. People read them not just look at the covers. whats wrong with having multicoloured bookshelves anyway? Its like people only have a white room or a blue room. Id be the person who brings in a bright red cushion.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
For me, its boring my parents are the same colour, so they have black hair and brown eyes and whitish skin so I just have the same. It is good in some ways as but in other ways having a diffrent colour from everyone else (like when Im out and about) can be a drag. But I got used to it being the only one, in some ways it makes you feel more special.
Thanks for answering my question...I am sorry I understood it wrong... I was referring to this... 🙂

I didnt say having whiter skin makes me feel special, not sure what you mean by that?!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Color... yeah, let's talk about color.

Back in my day, blue hair was what elderly people had. These days (bright) blue is what teenagers use to look like anime characters. :p

Speaking of hair color... I hope y'all don't think purple/red/blue/green/whatever hair is a new fad. They've been doing it for more than a century now.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
its ok kireina, sometimes I find people just get used to one type of colour all the time and so when they see a new one it just blows their mind.

Lately there is a trend for people to dye their hair really bright colours. I have seen it more and more, so the Marge Simpson look isnt so unusual anymore. I think people are getting bored with their own hair colour and want something different...

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
its ok kireina, sometimes I find people just get used to one type of colour all the time and so when they see a new one it just blows their mind.

Lately there is a trend for people to dye their hair really bright colours. I have seen it more and more, so the Marge Simpson look isnt so unusual anymore. I think people are getting bored with their own hair colour and want something different...
Speaking of hair colors
It is nice to dye your hair once in a while different hair style and color help improve the glow of your face... When I was younger I like more my hair black ... But now I like lighter hair colors like brown, blonde, grey and purple

998bc6c18a49d382b201ad285b35bc1a.jpg blackberry-hair-dye.jpg downloadfile(1).jpg

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im going for purple but I need to find a good natural hair dye for that.
some people said do it with koolaid or ribena but I dont know if it will work.

I wonder what God thinks of our crazy colours its like we arent satisfied. Or maybe I should just wear a purple hat.

I once did a colour me beautiful workshop (at a christian ladies conference) and found out I was a Winter...

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Im going for purple but I need to find a good natural hair dye for that.
some people said do it with koolaid or ribena but I dont know if it will work.

I wonder what God thinks of our crazy colours its like we arent satisfied. Or maybe I should just wear a purple hat.

I once did a colour me beautiful workshop (at a christian ladies conference) and found out I was a Winter...
Lol Ribena? I mean the juice drink? It will attract ants you know... 😆

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I remember this one woman who had dyed her hair for so long she forgot what color it was naturally. So she let it grow out to see... and it was grey. :p

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i tried red henna, it kinda worked but kinda not. Im looking for indigo.

coloured clothes are easier to work with than hair lol. I do feel a bit more 'put together' when my outfit matches. Otherwise Id just be wearing odd socks and randoms all the time.

guys dont seem to care they tend to just wear the same two colours all the time. blue or black.

I dont go so far with nails and lipstick. Some women do but I just dont have the patience to keep reapplying lipstick and painting and drying nails all the time.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You forgot grey.

In "The Lost World" (the book, not the movie) Ian Malcolm said he always wore black and grey. He said he had only a finite amount of time on this earth and he didn't want to waste a small amount of it every day on something as trivial as figuring out what to wear. And if he accidentally grabbed something black and something grey, they would still go together.

I'm kind of that way with socks. I threw out all my socks and bought 24 pairs of black socks. They go with dress clothes, they are not out of place with casual clothes, they work in any and every occasion for which I need socks and I never have to waste time looking for a match for this sock or that sock. I just grab two socks, any two.