Come Sunday - Netflix Trailer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
All star cast too. Looks good. :) Anyone here get Netflix? Have you watched this?

U

Ugly

I avoid all Netflix shows and movies anymore. I've found they add language and nudity for no reason other than to add it. Last few I tried I turned off after a few minutes, so I doubt I'd risk trusting them to make anything spiritual.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
I think if Carlton Pearson oversaw this production there's be no fear of that. Thank you for your input. :)

U

Ugly

I think if Carlton Pearson oversaw this production there's be no fear of that. Thank you for your input. :)
Wow. That makes it so much worse.
According to his own website...
"Progressive Spiritual Teacher, Thought Leader, Sacred Activist/Humanist, Peace Agent"
Or how about this...
"Stand with our Movement to inspire Self-Actualization of Soul and Self
and Expanded Consciousness.
Support us in our stand for global freedom
from extreme religious tyranny, unreasonable dogma, and fear-based theologies. Help us reclaim, recover and inspire radically inclusive love on this planet to activate and inspire the best and most accurate spirituality!"
Self actualization and expanded consciousness are both entirely and purely New Age occultism with Zero biblical basis. Quite unbiblical in fact. If you don't know what they are google the terms and find out how evil these notions are.

This "fear based theology" he's speaking against? Hell. He does not believe in hell. Something New Agers also don't believe in.

The description of the movie you're advertising, from his own site...
"The moving story of Bishop Carlton Pearson's personal journey from leading a religious congregation to being labeled a heretic. When one pastor's personal beliefs take him from the heights of religious mountaintops to the valley lows. Everybody's welcome, but is everybody wanted?"
So it sounds like the movie will be his conversion from Christian preacher to New Age guru (which is what he seems to be now).

How about the photo of him with Deepak Chopra, world famous eastern theology/new age guru often promoted by new ager Oprah Winfrey?
The glowing review by Michael Beckwith, founder of a 'new thought' church that promotes 'spiritual diversity'?
What is New Thought? According to NewThought.info... "
"New Thought teachings are based on the observation of Universal Spiritual Principles undergirding all spiritual paths and religions." Essentially, new age oriented thinking towards religion.

How about John Shelby Spong also supporting Carlton Pearson. What does Mr Spong believe?
"Security sells.
That’s why, says retired Episcopal Bishop John Shelby Spong, despite his best-selling controversial books and popular speeches, his position on Jesus and the Christian church will never be the majority opinion, because he believes Jesus is not the Savior of the world and that the Bible cannot be read literally."

This is all on the front page of his website. And i could go on. But I'll add one more particularly telling image taken from his website.
Pearson.jpg

In case you're wondering that's a picture promoting New Age teachings and all religions as equal.
So you'll forgive me if I am totally and flatly against Carolton Pearson and his anti-biblical heresies. Nor will i be a supporter of a movie about his life and the promotion of this evil teaching. As i said from the beginning, I don't trust Netflix. And it seems I was right, again, for not trusting this either. Any further disagreement on the matter would put you in support of this man that walked away from God to support a teaching that goes against the God of the bible.

Wow. That makes it so much worse.
According to his own website...
"Progressive Spiritual Teacher, Thought Leader, Sacred Activist/Humanist, Peace Agent"
Or how about this...
"Stand with our Movement to inspire Self-Actualization of Soul and Self
and Expanded Consciousness.
Support us in our stand for global freedom
from extreme religious tyranny, unreasonable dogma, and fear-based theologies. Help us reclaim, recover and inspire radically inclusive love on this planet to activate and inspire the best and most accurate spirituality!"
Self actualization and expanded consciousness are both entirely and purely New Age occultism with Zero biblical basis. Quite unbiblical in fact. If you don't know what they are google the terms and find out how evil these notions are.

This "fear based theology" he's speaking against? Hell. He does not believe in hell. Something New Agers also don't believe in.

The description of the movie you're advertising, from his own site...
"The moving story of Bishop Carlton Pearson's personal journey from leading a religious congregation to being labeled a heretic. When one pastor's personal beliefs take him from the heights of religious mountaintops to the valley lows. Everybody's welcome, but is everybody wanted?"
So it sounds like the movie will be his conversion from Christian preacher to New Age guru (which is what he seems to be now).

How about the photo of him with Deepak Chopra, world famous eastern theology/new age guru often promoted by new ager Oprah Winfrey?
The glowing review by Michael Beckwith, founder of a 'new thought' church that promotes 'spiritual diversity'?
What is New Thought? According to NewThought.info... "
"New Thought teachings are based on the observation of Universal Spiritual Principles undergirding all spiritual paths and religions." Essentially, new age oriented thinking towards religion.

How about John Shelby Spong also supporting Carlton Pearson. What does Mr Spong believe?
"Security sells.
That’s why, says retired Episcopal Bishop John Shelby Spong, despite his best-selling controversial books and popular speeches, his position on Jesus and the Christian church will never be the majority opinion, because he believes Jesus is not the Savior of the world and that the Bible cannot be read literally."

This is all on the front page of his website. And i could go on. But I'll add one more particularly telling image taken from his website.
View attachment 185482

In case you're wondering that's a picture promoting New Age teachings and all religions as equal.
So you'll forgive me if I am totally and flatly against Carolton Pearson and his anti-biblical heresies. Nor will i be a supporter of a movie about his life and the promotion of this evil teaching. As i said from the beginning, I don't trust Netflix. And it seems I was right, again, for not trusting this either. Any further disagreement on the matter would put you in support of this man that walked away from God to support a teaching that goes against the God of the bible.
The New Age And Eastern Mysticism have so profoundly entered and influenced the Church today. So many Christians are entirely unaware of it.

You’re discerning to not trust Netflix with their spiritual programs. I highly doubt that anything promoted as “Christian” truly is.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Anyone that opines negatively about Netflix actually.

Anyone that opines negatively about Netflix actually.
Why do you think that believers should find everything on Netflix positive? If they promote and/or endorse an aberrant message, why shouldn’t we speak up? (Especially if that message and content is supposed to be “Christian”.)

The Bible commands us to be discerning and to “mark and avoid” teachings contrary to the doctrine we have been taught in the word of God.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Why do you think that believers should find everything on Netflix positive? If they promote and/or endorse an aberrant message, why shouldn’t we speak up? (Especially if that message and content is supposed to be “Christian”.)

The Bible commands us to be discerning and to “mark and avoid” teachings contrary to the doctrine we have been taught in the word of God.
So that would be a , no, then?

So that would be a , no, then?
That’s not what I said. There are shows on Netflix that have nothing to do with faith or spirituality. Even if I do choose to watch a “Christian” program, I try my best to pay very close attention to the actual message. More often than not these days, “Christian” programs are not trustworthy, especially from the more popular and mainstream sources.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
I think it should on a case by case basis that we decide.

I agree Hollywood affiliated studios don't show a lot of respect for Christian faith or the Bible itself.
Did you see the Russel Crowe movie, Noah?
The Director, Darren Aronofsky, is an atheist. He even bragged to the media that his film was the least accurate of any Bible story produced for big screen. He was proud he turned the Bible story into something more worldly for his future viewer audience.

And at the end credits the producer of "God's and Kings", the Christian Bale as Moses feature, had a dedication to the Producers brother. Watch that film wherein Moses is depicted as a guy with brain damage who hallucinated the whole thing with him being sent by God to free the Jews, and you can't help but wonder if Ridley Scott liked his brother.

Mocking the Bible for entertainment isn't a surprise for Hollywood is it?

I remember when I we went to see , Passion of the Christ. I brought travel packets of Kleenex because I knew there would be folks seated around us that forgot them. Sure enough there were because it was a very emotional film.
Prior to entering the theater for the Matinee showing there was a Rabbi standing outside the door with handouts explaining how the film is Antisemitic and should be boycotted. He did this to people who'd already given the theater their money for the films ticket.

Shortly after all that when the movie grossed many millions Mel Gibson was accused of saying horrific things when pulled over for a DUI by two Beverly Hills police. Who interestingly enough and unlike other celebs that have been pulled over drunk, didn't provide the dash cam footage or audio to sustain their claims he spewed Antisemitic and sexist remarks.

But his film did portray the Biblical account of Christ and his crucifixion.

We've always been a target of a fallen world. I don't think we should turn on each other in this arena. This pastor featured in the Come Sunday movie lost everything because he said God gave him a revelation that God is love.
I can't say God didn't speak to him. I know I've been led by God where there was no other thing that could have gotten me through.

U

Ugly

I'm taking this lack of reaction as an avoidance to acknowledging the occultic nature of Pearsons self admitted beliefs? Not only self admitted but proudly advertised.
That you are unwilling to see and accept that proven truth speaks highly of your spiritual character. Or lack thereof.
And that you would continue supporting it, as well as defending Netflix adds to this.
The last 5-6 Netflix shows I've attempted to watch I couldn't stomach. An excess of language being the first culprit. And adding sex/nudity for no reason other than to simply add it.
Netflix is also a well known Liberal company with a sizable selection of gay films.
But bottom line Pearson is an occultist. And his life story has been told by a liberal company. And yet you defend it all and continue promoting this evil.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
I'm taking this lack of reaction as an avoidance to acknowledging the occultic nature of Pearsons self admitted beliefs? Not only self admitted but proudly advertised.
That you are unwilling to see and accept that proven truth speaks highly of your spiritual character. Or lack thereof.
I take into consideration your demonstrative spiritual character post after post.

I think it should on a case by case basis that we decide.

I agree Hollywood affiliated studios don't show a lot of respect for Christian faith or the Bible itself.
Did you see the Russel Crowe movie, Noah?
The Director, Darren Aronofsky, is an atheist. He even bragged to the media that his film was the least accurate of any Bible story produced for big screen. He was proud he turned the Bible story into something more worldly for his future viewer audience.

And at the end credits the producer of "God's and Kings", the Christian Bale as Moses feature, had a dedication to the Producers brother. Watch that film wherein Moses is depicted as a guy with brain damage who hallucinated the whole thing with him being sent by God to free the Jews, and you can't help but wonder if Ridley Scott liked his brother.

Mocking the Bible for entertainment isn't a surprise for Hollywood is it?

I remember when I we went to see , Passion of the Christ. I brought travel packets of Kleenex because I knew there would be folks seated around us that forgot them. Sure enough there were because it was a very emotional film.
Prior to entering the theater for the Matinee showing there was a Rabbi standing outside the door with handouts explaining how the film is Antisemitic and should be boycotted. He did this to people who'd already given the theater their money for the films ticket.

Shortly after all that when the movie grossed many millions Mel Gibson was accused of saying horrific things when pulled over for a DUI by two Beverly Hills police. Who interestingly enough and unlike other celebs that have been pulled over drunk, didn't provide the dash cam footage or audio to sustain their claims he spewed Antisemitic and sexist remarks.

But his film did portray the Biblical account of Christ and his crucifixion.

We've always been a target of a fallen world. I don't think we should turn on each other in this arena. This pastor featured in the Come Sunday movie lost everything because he said God gave him a revelation that God is love.
I can't say God didn't speak to him. I know I've been led by God where there was no other thing that could have gotten me through.
This has nothing whatsoever to do with “turning on each other”. People are not our enemies, we are in a very real spiritual battle. I think that some very clear and necessary warnings and reasons for concern were shared earlier in this thread.

U

Ugly

Is that the very least?
Too bad. Occult isn't a bad word.
Because you add the word "very" doesn't mean it applies to what I said. So we can add fabrication to your list of character flaws.
False teaching and occult are not bad words, but still sins. And ruin lives especially when someone used the title of "Christian" to promote it.
I'm done with your ignorance and lies. Your spiritual blindness is glaringly obvious. So no more pearl's before swine.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
This thread was not started out to be ugly, I'll not permit it to turn ugly. No one who is in Christ that I know speaks as ugly as that. God protect me from the evil that names itself. Amen.