Comic books, Nascar, Dr. Who and baseball.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tinytom

Senior Member
Mar 24, 2016
114
2
0
That's me!

I try to read a comic book a day, been collecting since I was 5, and at my current rate, i'll die with more than 3000 of the comics I own, unread.

Love Nascar, but not so much the cup series, I'm more into the truck series and smaller touring series. I still watch the cup races, but it's become to political.

Discovered Doctor who through comics, and PBS, Jon Pertwee is my doctor, and i'll watch a classic story before a new story.

And baseball, it's the only sport that has remained true to it's games roots, mostly. And I love the minor leagues.

Questions? Comments? similar interests?
 
That's me!

I try to read a comic book a day, been collecting since I was 5, and at my current rate, i'll die with more than 3000 of the comics I own, unread.

Love Nascar, but not so much the cup series, I'm more into the truck series and smaller touring series. I still watch the cup races, but it's become to political.

Discovered Doctor who through comics, and PBS, Jon Pertwee is my doctor, and i'll watch a classic story before a new story.

And baseball, it's the only sport that has remained true to it's games roots, mostly. And I love the minor leagues.

Questions? Comments? similar interests?

Well 2 out of 3 is not bad. Comics and baseball. Been collecting them since 1964. But I generally stopped reading new comics in the mid '90's, although I still occasionally pick up something worthwhile. I like the recent Criminal series.
Baseball? NY Mets. Went to my first game in 1968. Never stopped rooting for them in 48 years.
 
That's me!

I try to read a comic book a day, been collecting since I was 5, and at my current rate, i'll die with more than 3000 of the comics I own, unread.

Love Nascar, but not so much the cup series, I'm more into the truck series and smaller touring series. I still watch the cup races, but it's become to political.

Discovered Doctor who through comics, and PBS, Jon Pertwee is my doctor, and i'll watch a classic story before a new story.

And baseball, it's the only sport that has remained true to it's games roots, mostly. And I love the minor leagues.

Questions? Comments? similar interests?
When I was a kid in the 1960's, I liked to go to the dime store and buy Superman comics. I enjoyed reading them, but for some reason my mother didn't approve of my reading them.
 
That's me!

I try to read a comic book a day, been collecting since I was 5, and at my current rate, i'll die with more than 3000 of the comics I own, unread.

Love Nascar, but not so much the cup series, I'm more into the truck series and smaller touring series. I still watch the cup races, but it's become to political.

Discovered Doctor who through comics, and PBS, Jon Pertwee is my doctor, and i'll watch a classic story before a new story.

And baseball, it's the only sport that has remained true to it's games roots, mostly. And I love the minor leagues.

Questions? Comments? similar interests?
I became a baseball fan at the ripe old age of 7, in 1960. I was learning to read and recognized the word "boy" in Ken Boyer's name. He was the third baseman for the Cardinals. I was a big Cardinal fan until they traded him to the Mets in 1966. I became a Tom Seaver and Dave Kingman fan in the 1980's. Late in the 1980's I started pulling for the Cardinals again, but the steroids thing took a lot of the fun out of it for me. I like home runs, but only legitimate home runs. Steroids-induced home runs aren't the same thing. I still follow baseball, though.
 
The Met's and Cards were in the same division for a number of years. Those mid '80's races were fun.