Coming On Too Strong

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2019
Has anybody ever wondered how so many christian pastors can give assert God's being so providential in our intimate relationships, while we are the ones who either repel or draw romantic partners? If you're the type who has a tendency to come on too strong, and have repelled (scared) more women away because of your intense personality...isn't it logical to assume God isn't really so involved in this regard when you come on too strong to potential dating partners? (Seriously, I've never understood this and wanted other christians advice because I'm single based on the awkward, intense, and weird person I am. I don't see what part God has to play in all of this, if any..?

Dec 28, 2016
God plays a part in it, so do you. You either act prudently or imprudently, grow, or dont grow. Spend some time in Proverbs, ones behavior is their own fault, not God's. Note Philippians 2:13 as well.

N

NoNameMcgee

Has anybody ever wondered how so many christian pastors can give assert God's being so providential in our intimate relationships, while we are the ones who either repel or draw romantic partners? If you're the type who has a tendency to come on too strong, and have repelled (scared) more women away because of your intense personality...isn't it logical to assume God isn't really so involved in this regard when you come on too strong to potential dating partners? (Seriously, I've never understood this and wanted other christians advice because I'm single based on the awkward, intense, and weird person I am. I don't see what part God has to play in all of this, if any..?

Well, it's possible He is providing vigilance to those you go after too quickly...

I think you should never go after anyone romantically until you know their beliefs already, and know you two are equally yolked....

If a woman came on to me in the years I was young in my faith and single... I often made sure to avoid them... they knew nothing of me... their attraction must have been physical...

(which is a miracle in itself🤔)

.. I guess I came after the woman I am currently with pretty strong...

but I knew her beliefs and her love for God and how well we communicate before I ever put forth any effort....

(and because she knew me so well by then maybe it was harder for her to say no.... all I gotta do now is wrestle a ring on her finger and make her sign some papers...then I'm certain God will join us😏🙄)

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Well, it's possible He is providing vigilance to those you go after too quickly...

I think you should never go after anyone romantically until you know their beliefs already, and know you two are equally yolked....

If a woman came on to me in the years I was young in my faith and single... I often made sure to avoid them... they knew nothing of me... their attraction must have been physical...

but I knew her beliefs and her love for God and how well we communicate before I ever put forth any effort....

(and because she knew me so well by then maybe it was harder for her to say no.... all I gotta do now is wrestle a ring on her finger and make her sign some papers...then I'm certain God will join us😏🙄)
And I’m looking forward to that day bro 🙌🏽😊

Jan 18, 2019
Perhaps a more specific question... How much talking of rubbish must one do and for how long until the woman opens up...and it is safe to ask deeper questions? Respectfully, sir, I don't think the answer is in Proverbs...

S

selfdissolving

In this Creation, every single molecule and the actions of it, are all under the control of our Sovereign God.

If you are repelling women, then God wants you to repel them.

The question is: do you trust him?

Jan 18, 2019

How long were you her friend? How much time before you 'went after her' ?

Jan 18, 2019
In this Creation, every single molecule and the actions of it, are all under the control of our Sovereign God.

If you are repelling women, then God wants you to repel them.

The question is: do you trust him?
Respectfully, I think you've succeeded in missing the point entirely. Repelling by my intense, come-on-too-strong nature. It's hard to find me charming and get close to me when I get so excited, wanting to be close to you. Of course, I do hope I don't have to tell you that I'm referring to another woman. Not to yourself.

N

NoNameMcgee

How long were you her friend? How much time before you 'went after her' ?
I knew her for about 9 months to a year before I started actually doing my native mating call and strut steps.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
A intimate relationship with God is completely different than a relationship with a person

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
Perhaps a more specific question... How much talking of rubbish must one do and for how long until the woman opens up...and it is safe to ask deeper questions? Respectfully, sir, I don't think the answer is in Proverbs...
Well, if you must know, not every woman is the same - some open up faster than others, some are closed off and reserved, some don’t open up at all. You can talk all the rubbish in the world but each woman is different and will respond differently.

Is it safe to ask deep questions? Again, it depends on the woman you’re asking.

Jan 18, 2019
I knew her for about 9 months to a year before I started actually doing my native mating call and strut steps.
Am going to bed now. Please pray for me. I've repelled recently three extremely good-looking, interesting and godly christian women because I asked too many questions and came on too strong. Usually when I get in this mood the temptation for me to drink is rather on the high end of the spectrum. God bless.

S

selfdissolving

Respectfully, I think you've succeeded in missing the point entirely. Repelling by my intense, come-on-too-strong nature. It's hard to find me charming and get close to me when I get so excited, wanting to be close to you. Of course, I do hope I don't have to tell you that I'm referring to another woman. Not to yourself.
I think you've missed the point.
God gave you that intense, come-on-too-strong nature. That's how he formed you, and he formed you that way to fulfill his purposes in you.

Psalm 119:90-91
Your faithfulness continues through all generations; You established the earth, and it endures.
They stand this day according to Your ordinances, for all things are servants to You.

Jan 18, 2019
A intimate relationship with God is completely different than a relationship with a person
Do you often make inane statements? I am referring to coming on too strong to women... of course the relationship with God is different than each other. I thought the question was pretty clear ??!?

Jan 18, 2019
God gave you that intense, come-on-too-strong nature. That's how he formed you, and he formed you that way to fulfill his purposes in you.

Psalm 119:90-91
Your faithfulness continues through all generations; You established the earth, and it endures.
They stand this day according to Your ordinances, for all things are servants to You.
NOOOOOOOO!!!! YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT, BRAH !!! hahahahahahhahahah.... seriously. YOU. are missing the point. NO WOMAN LIKES ME. Must I really spell it out? I've repelled more women than Andy Dick, and that's before he was a pervert. All because I misread signs, came on too strong, asked too many questions, fall in love to easily. I am broken... I don't think God intended me to be a one man puppet show anymore than He intended for you to try to cheer me up with platitudes. While your at it, why dont you cut off my weiner with a dull axe and throw salt in it? Its a lot less painful than telling somebody that God created you a freak.

S

selfdissolving

Do you often make inane statements? I am referring to coming on too strong to women... of course the relationship with God is different than each other. I thought the question was pretty clear ??!?
If this is how you talk to all females, then your problem is arrogance.
Try being nicer. It will work wonders for your social life.

N

NoNameMcgee

Am going to bed now. Please pray for me. I've repelled recently three extremely good-looking, interesting and godly christian women because I asked too many questions and came on too strong. Usually when I get in this mood the temptation for me to drink is rather on the high end of the spectrum. God bless.

Maybe don't start with the intention of being with them... just be yourself

a brother in Christ
but go the extra mile
be outgoing until one of these women also show an interest in learning more of you in a way different than just replying or being sweet.. but actual curiosity

then reveal more of who you are to them, as you ask questions and learn more of who they are

the small talk isnt rubbish if you make it fun

dont take things so serious if you mess up man....

i will definitely pray for you

im sorry if my joke sounded rude

i was only trying to be playful and lighthearted

Jan 18, 2019
If this is how you talk to all females, then your problem is arrogance.
Try being nicer. It will work wonders for your social life.
Actually, I find being anonymous really brings out my flesh. In point of fact I've never spoken to a woman like that before in my life, but hey, how would you know that?

Anyway dude... you should lift your advice a little. Im just saying...Im not complaining, I dont spend my life complaining I'm just ONCE saying it ONCE and for all (and online for all to see, no less) That the majority of women I've ever met, liked or dated were REPELLED BY THIS INFECTION YOU CALL 'GOD'S GIFT TO ME'... Im gonna start giving my own advice to guys, itll be a lot more useful. sorry if that's rude but my life is a living testimony to what 'doesn't' work when it comes to women. God bless.

Mel85

Mar 28, 2018
1 Corinthians 10:13
13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Jan 18, 2019
Maybe don't start with the intention of being with them... just be yourself

a brother in Christ
but go the extra mile
be outgoing until one of these women also show an interest in learning more of you in a way different than just replying or being sweet.. but actual curiosity

then reveal more of who you are to them, as you ask questions and learn more of who they are

the small talk isnt rubbish if you make it fun

dont take things so serious if you mess up man....

i will definitely pray for you

im sorry if my joke sounded rude

i was only trying to be playful and lighthearted

You weren't rude, buddy. I'm rude. Sorry for the bad attitude. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.