Common Denominator

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
So, even though you say, "Yes"..... your post declares you really mean, "No, not unless you also meet some other qualifications... and then keep those qualifications up-to-date."

What the heck does "keep the faith" mean to you? SPECIFICALLY, in day-to-day living?


Keeping the faith means you walk as He walked out of love and trust for Him in the faith.

If one is walking contrary to the ways the Lord has laid out in the bible then they are not saved, and are not in the faith.

Jesus clearly said what we are to do and in those commands and teachings of His He said repent, get baptized, walk in love, keep our confession in Him, and forgive others. For all of that is the will of God for us to do to be disciples of the Lord.
 
Keeping the faith means you walk as He walked out of love and trust for Him in the faith.

If one is walking contrary to the ways the Lord has laid out in the bible then they are not saved, and are not in the faith.

Jesus clearly said what we are to do and in those commands and teachings of His He said repent, get baptized, walk in love, keep our confession in Him, and forgive others. For all of that is the will of God for us to do to be disciples of the Lord.

Blah, blah, blah more works for salvation foolishness.....Why does God chasten a SON...because they are walking contrary to the truth...STILL A SON THOUGH.........Chastisement directed at a believing SON contradicts your misapplication of truth as found in the bolded above!
 
Does loving God cause salvation or confirm it?
Salvation produces a heart that is able to love God and the brethren. Before the heart is changed it can only be against God.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
If one is walking contrary to the ways the Lord has laid out in the bible then they are not saved, and are not in the faith.

If I walk contrary to the ways the Lord has laid out in the bible then I AM SINNING BUT I am STILL in the faith.

The story :

I went out of my house to work and saw a beautiful lady across the street and in the blink of an eye, I lusted, but I continued walking. I arrived at my workplace and my boss asked me, why am I late, and recklessly, I lied and said, I helped an old lady crossed the street. After finishing work on my way home, I remembered I need toilet paper, so I went to the office stock room and placed a couple of rolls in my bag and headed home. After dinner, I read my Bible and realized what I did and asked God for forgiveness. I gave Him praise, made a point not to do it again and I slept.

My salvation has always been intact. I just stumbled a few times (and walked contrary to the ways the Lord has laid out in the Bible ) but Jesus never let me fall.

 
Last edited:
Dear viligant warrior,

I want to thank you for throwing me under the bus in post 50.
I do not believe in works to salvation and never did.
My short comment was a reply to the Catholics who pray to Mary, had nothing to do with your twisted thought. As for your comment to me referring to "you guys" totally uncalled for.
So I guess where sin abounds grace abounds more so let's sin all we want and the Lord will ignore it.
I think not. You my friend are very insulting and rude.
As for the people that liked your comments, well what can I say right message wrong person.
You jumped the gun on this one warrior.
 
Dear viligant warrior,

I want to thank you for throwing me under the bus in post 50.
I do not believe in works to salvation and never did.
My short comment was a reply to the Catholics who pray to Mary, had nothing to do with your twisted thought. As for your comment to me referring to "you guys" totally uncalled for.
So I guess where sin abounds grace abounds more so let's sin all we want and the Lord will ignore it.
I think not. You my friend are very insulting and rude.
As for the people that liked your comments, well what can I say right message wrong person.
You jumped the gun on this one warrior.

You took VW's words as an insult, but did not clarify what needed clarification.

VW said: "What does that even mean, 'sin ... practiced.'" -- If you took offense to what he said, because he misunderstood what you said, why not clarify? Why focus on the fact that you were misunderstood while ignoring the notion of clarifying your own statement?

Let's not put so much value on who or how many "likes" a post receives -- people choose to "like" a post for various reasons, and we cannot always be 100% certain as to why they "liked" it. For example, I often "like" a post simply to let that person know that I read it -- not implying that I agree or even understand; just simply notification that the post has been seen.

Furthermore, you didn't quote anyone when you made that post (here) -- so how is anyone to know who/where you were specifically directing your comment?
 
You took VW's words as an insult, but did not clarify what needed clarification.

VW said: "What does that even mean, 'sin ... practiced.'" -- If you took offense to what he said, because he misunderstood what you said, why not clarify? Why focus on the fact that you were misunderstood while ignoring the notion of clarifying your own statement?

Let's not put so much value on who or how many "likes" a post receives -- people choose to "like" a post for various reasons, and we cannot always be 100% certain as to why they "liked" it. For example, I often "like" a post simply to let that person know that I read it -- not implying that I agree or even understand; just simply notification that the post has been seen.
Furthermore, you didn't quote anyone when you made that post (here) -- so how is anyone to know who/where you were specifically directing your comment?​
k7isvKo_zps72a5df53.gif

​
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Last edited: