U
UpstateNYChristianBro
Guest
Communication with the Deaf, Blind, and other people with challenges. Well, it clearly stated it all in first sentence that people tend to forget that they are communicating with people with "alternative" language they use. I am not talking about English person speaking with someone from Central America speaking in Spanish. I am talking about in sign language, braille, and altered native language (Highly educated English for someone with Autism that you have to speak differently in their language).
The reason I am talking about is that in my experience in this site has raised red flags. Yes, red and perhaps yellow flags. You see, I am Deaf and I can not hear audible sounds when someone speaks with their voice or through cam in the room. I am sure the owner of this site did not realize that however, I am not against or complaining here. I appreciate some of the members here are so kind to interpret by typing what someone says by voice.
I feel they are more of a friend to me because they remembered that I am Deaf and they type what others say in the room with their voices. I appreicate what they did by setting themselves to equal with me.
That is one of important thing you need to do when you are dealing with someone who is disabled. Remember even what the Bible tells us that God knows how people with Disabilities feel. Please refer to your bible and I use KJV in this commentary.
Here it is in Leviticus 19:14 as it stated:
Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD.
As you can see, you need to love the Deaf, the Blind, the Disabled. There are more stories than you think in the Holy Bible about people with Disabilities. Like in Mark 7 about the Deaf man. Other verses about the dying girl, about the one who was possessed, the ill by the pool where people go get healed in and Jesus healed that man who could not walk (remember, back then no one thought of wheel chairs!) and told the man to get up and roll up his sleeping (bag) sheets and leave.
Communication is one of the main keys in a relationship. My motto for making relationship works is this: The Foundation of 5 Cs. They are Christ (being saved), Common (things, thoughts, etc), Charity (love), Communication, and Commitment to make everything works.
I am not just talking about dating. Friendships too. Family. Most family do not know what to do with a child that is Deaf or any disabilities. They do not know how to communicate.
I have had women rejected me because they were afraid to talk with me because of my Deafness. They also got frustrated at our conversations so they just leave. Some even forget that I am Deaf. One lady on here I have to admit even forget I am Deaf. She would go on to cam and or say something to me on cam and leave just like that without actually typing. I am getting a little turn off so I do not think that will work out. She needs to understand fully and make as a commitment to set herself to my level. I have to do same to her.
You need to learn how to talk or communicate. Take courses in conversational ASL in community college near you or at your church if there is a Deaf Ministry. Go watch them in church how they signed. Go to their fellowship like the Silent dinners.
Sadly many churches do not know how to do this and less than 1 percent of Deaf people know Jesus Christ! Why? Hearing people even Christians are not really understanding. Sure the hearing person is saved but my point is, when Jesus asks you in Heaven before Him when you arrive after your death, "What did you do for me?" Did you go preach the Gospel to the Deaf? To the Disabled? That is what he meant. But also everything else.
Good information is to go read this page from the D.E.A.F., Inc. in http://www.deafinc.com/576page.html
Remember the verse about curse? Look at this other verse as we talked about churches. Romans 10:14 stated how can they hear? Well, actually that verse is referred to spiritually deafness. In another word, stubborn not want to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Although the verse is intended for that, the Deaf people are exactly what the world are acting spiritually. The Blind can not see. Spiritually, the Blind are not seeing God's love for them.
Churches need to understand that verse and get with the program because Jesus commanded for the last time adding as 12th Commandment: Go ye therefore and teach all nations (not just country but all different groups of people, countries, organizations, religious people, etc INCLUDING THE DEAF, Blind, etc.) as stated in Matthew 18:19 and 20 (also Mark 16:15).
Are you going to accept the Commandment as said in Matthew 18:19-20? I have. More than 50 Deaf saved, a missionary to the Deaf, hosted Deaf camps, taught Sunday School/Bible Study, and a pastor-intern with a Deaf ministry in Miami, Florida briefly. I was a pastor assistant to my pastor.
I am on a hiatus status right now with the ministry since raising funds are tough to do so but also to focus on my talents in art and design. And get my company up and running so then with the 10 percent of my company profit, I will use that for mission trips.
As for the right woman, it would be nice she knows sign language and understands that I am Deaf. Not to go off avoiding because she prefer voice or whatever. I can talk well but will have to shut my voice up to use signs so she can sign me back.
Please be considerate when talking in the room and if you are interested in me, be considerate very seriously if you are going to be in a relationship with a Deaf person. Know your needs. Also if you are from another country, know your laws and regulations since there are some things they do not allow Deaf people to have!! Like, driving! They do not allow Deaf people to drive and I can drive. I am legally to drive for about 30 years now. If I am to marry someone say, in Japan for example, they do not allow Deaf to drive.
Other countries, perhaps not allow to have a job! Or not even have excellent laws protecting people with Disabilities like ADA law in the US. This is something I will talk about in next topic. The other topic I will start in another day relating to the last paragraph will be about marrying someone from afar. This is another huge commitment. I already used the Communication section of the 5 Cs of Foundation of Relationship. Commitment will be used. Later, about Christ and Common as well as Charity.
Thank you and God bless!
The reason I am talking about is that in my experience in this site has raised red flags. Yes, red and perhaps yellow flags. You see, I am Deaf and I can not hear audible sounds when someone speaks with their voice or through cam in the room. I am sure the owner of this site did not realize that however, I am not against or complaining here. I appreciate some of the members here are so kind to interpret by typing what someone says by voice.
I feel they are more of a friend to me because they remembered that I am Deaf and they type what others say in the room with their voices. I appreicate what they did by setting themselves to equal with me.
That is one of important thing you need to do when you are dealing with someone who is disabled. Remember even what the Bible tells us that God knows how people with Disabilities feel. Please refer to your bible and I use KJV in this commentary.
Here it is in Leviticus 19:14 as it stated:
Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD.
As you can see, you need to love the Deaf, the Blind, the Disabled. There are more stories than you think in the Holy Bible about people with Disabilities. Like in Mark 7 about the Deaf man. Other verses about the dying girl, about the one who was possessed, the ill by the pool where people go get healed in and Jesus healed that man who could not walk (remember, back then no one thought of wheel chairs!) and told the man to get up and roll up his sleeping (bag) sheets and leave.
Communication is one of the main keys in a relationship. My motto for making relationship works is this: The Foundation of 5 Cs. They are Christ (being saved), Common (things, thoughts, etc), Charity (love), Communication, and Commitment to make everything works.
I am not just talking about dating. Friendships too. Family. Most family do not know what to do with a child that is Deaf or any disabilities. They do not know how to communicate.
I have had women rejected me because they were afraid to talk with me because of my Deafness. They also got frustrated at our conversations so they just leave. Some even forget that I am Deaf. One lady on here I have to admit even forget I am Deaf. She would go on to cam and or say something to me on cam and leave just like that without actually typing. I am getting a little turn off so I do not think that will work out. She needs to understand fully and make as a commitment to set herself to my level. I have to do same to her.
You need to learn how to talk or communicate. Take courses in conversational ASL in community college near you or at your church if there is a Deaf Ministry. Go watch them in church how they signed. Go to their fellowship like the Silent dinners.
Sadly many churches do not know how to do this and less than 1 percent of Deaf people know Jesus Christ! Why? Hearing people even Christians are not really understanding. Sure the hearing person is saved but my point is, when Jesus asks you in Heaven before Him when you arrive after your death, "What did you do for me?" Did you go preach the Gospel to the Deaf? To the Disabled? That is what he meant. But also everything else.
Good information is to go read this page from the D.E.A.F., Inc. in http://www.deafinc.com/576page.html
Remember the verse about curse? Look at this other verse as we talked about churches. Romans 10:14 stated how can they hear? Well, actually that verse is referred to spiritually deafness. In another word, stubborn not want to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Although the verse is intended for that, the Deaf people are exactly what the world are acting spiritually. The Blind can not see. Spiritually, the Blind are not seeing God's love for them.
Churches need to understand that verse and get with the program because Jesus commanded for the last time adding as 12th Commandment: Go ye therefore and teach all nations (not just country but all different groups of people, countries, organizations, religious people, etc INCLUDING THE DEAF, Blind, etc.) as stated in Matthew 18:19 and 20 (also Mark 16:15).
Are you going to accept the Commandment as said in Matthew 18:19-20? I have. More than 50 Deaf saved, a missionary to the Deaf, hosted Deaf camps, taught Sunday School/Bible Study, and a pastor-intern with a Deaf ministry in Miami, Florida briefly. I was a pastor assistant to my pastor.
I am on a hiatus status right now with the ministry since raising funds are tough to do so but also to focus on my talents in art and design. And get my company up and running so then with the 10 percent of my company profit, I will use that for mission trips.
As for the right woman, it would be nice she knows sign language and understands that I am Deaf. Not to go off avoiding because she prefer voice or whatever. I can talk well but will have to shut my voice up to use signs so she can sign me back.
Please be considerate when talking in the room and if you are interested in me, be considerate very seriously if you are going to be in a relationship with a Deaf person. Know your needs. Also if you are from another country, know your laws and regulations since there are some things they do not allow Deaf people to have!! Like, driving! They do not allow Deaf people to drive and I can drive. I am legally to drive for about 30 years now. If I am to marry someone say, in Japan for example, they do not allow Deaf to drive.
Other countries, perhaps not allow to have a job! Or not even have excellent laws protecting people with Disabilities like ADA law in the US. This is something I will talk about in next topic. The other topic I will start in another day relating to the last paragraph will be about marrying someone from afar. This is another huge commitment. I already used the Communication section of the 5 Cs of Foundation of Relationship. Commitment will be used. Later, about Christ and Common as well as Charity.
Thank you and God bless!