Communion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Anidod

Should kids be participating in communion?

A

Anidod

I posted the following in another thread but I think it got lost in the replies:

"2. The wedding proposal was never verbal. The man seeking a Bride is invited to a family sit down supper, after making contract with the father. During the course of the meal the man would pour a cup of wine and passed it to his prospective Bride. If she drank from the cup she was accepting the proposal, and if she set it down without drinking, she was refusing the proposal. Jesus poured the cup and passed it to the Disciples the foundation of the Church. The Disciples drank from the betrothal cup accepting Jesus Christ as our Bridegroom. Just as in any Jewish Wedding Proposal, the Couple is known as Bride and Bridegroom throughout the Betrothal Period. ( Mat. 9:15 )

1 Corinthians 11:25 (NCV)
[SUP]25 [/SUP]In the same way, after they ate, Jesus took the cup. He said, “This cup is the new agreement that is sealed with the blood of my death. When you drink this, do it to remember me.“
So I copied that from the second post of this thread, I have not read any post after the second one."

I have never heard any teaching or understanding, like what was posted in the original post. I was wondering, if that means, that everytime we do communion we are accepting the proposal and if we don't participate we are rejecting it? Also, does that mean that based on this understanding children should be allowed to participate? Ive always been against them participating because I was under the impression, that they are too young to understand, but I guess im an adult and I don't understand either 🤔😕

I don't know if this was brought up in any post after the second or if I should have started a new thread hmmm😐"

Dec 12, 2013
Should kids be participating in communion?
Only saved, immersed church members should partake and only after an honest self evaluation.........MY view is closed communion partaken by that individual membership.....not close or open.

A

Anidod

Only saved, immersed church members should partake and only after an honest self evaluation.........MY view is closed communion partaken by that individual membership.....not close or open.
What does closed communion partaken by that individual membership, mean ?

Dec 12, 2013
What does closed communion partaken by that individual membership, mean ?
It means it is a closed event to a particular church body and only the membership of that body should take it....

For example....

Hickory Stick church meets Sunday night to take the Lord's Supper or Communion. ONLY members of Hickory Stick Church in right standing should take it...I.E> saved, immersed church members in right standing

Called-->closed communion <---I believe the bible teaches this based upon the fact that even the 70 were not present and if ALL accounts are studied carefully there seems to be indication that JUDAS was not even there for the actual event.

Close communion -->Any Baptist could take it at any Baptist chuch
Open Communion --> ANY so called believer can take it at any church

A

Anidod

It means it is a closed event to a particular church body and only the membership of that body should take it....

For example....

Hickory Stick church meets Sunday night to take the Lord's Supper or Communion. ONLY members of Hickory Stick Church in right standing should take it...I.E> saved, immersed church members in right standing

Called-->closed communion <---I believe the bible teaches this based upon the fact that even the 70 were not present and if ALL accounts are studied carefully there seems to be indication that JUDAS was not even there for the actual event.

Close communion -->Any Baptist could take it at any Baptist chuch
Open Communion --> ANY so called believer can take it at any church
Oh ok, thank you.