I
iloma
Guest
Hello! 
I am glad and excited to have the delight to share with you, guys, a new music album that I've come across. I feel a bit strangely however, as I sound as if I were advertising, but I guess it's not wrong to advertise something that you truly believe that is good.
The album is entitled "Compassion", and the artist names himself as "Customary".
I like the album soo much, as it deals with a lot of such topics, that I find in my life really relevant, and it does so in a straightforward way. It does not only throw up some vague ideas just to hang it up without actually saying something, but it rather sounds as a sincere confession about ones mistakes in life, thriving and a confession of faith in Christ Jesus. And this is what makes it so authentic and powerful (in my opinion).
Ah! And besides all these, it even sounds real gooood!
The first song (also my favorite) has the same title as the album - Compassion.
Customary - Compassion (Audio) @customarymusic - YouTube
I believe, that indeed compassion, genuine love, mercy and forgiveness (all these, even UNDESERVED!) are puzzling, staggering, melting and moving the human heart, as they have that kind of incomprehensible greatness with a sweet scent characteristic to God. And this is what got me fall on my knees a few minutes ago, praising God in amazed joy, so happy for the news that I got from a family who responded with loving kindness to my apologize that I postponed for many months till today, due to feeling ashamed, my fault too heavy, fearing of their reaction.
It was not my godliness that compelled me fall down on my knees and praise the Lord, but that incomprehensible love shed on me.
I still remember how I have fallen down in thankful, joyful praise a few months ago, when some friends of mine gave me a beautiful surprise. I was in the pitch of self-pity, bitter desperation, jobless, feeling unhappy, and even envying my friends who got more success and been given jobs in Germany (where God even knew that I would had wanted to go, before it had even crossed my friends' mind).
And guess what happened? They invited me to them!
My first reaction was a: That is so lovely, but...
I wasn't sure if it's OK to accept, but in the end I thought to myself: If I'd ever get into a situation in which I could help them, but they would refuse me just for feeling unease about accepting my help/favor, then that would be so sad. So I accepted the trip.
They covered most of my expenses, knowing that I was kind of moneyless. Crazy, right?!
And guess what? My envy dissipated... it got dissolved in thankfulness, a joyful, amazed gratitude. I was greatly moved by what they did to me. Because of the envy I had had previously, I only got some shame, that was rather humbling than painful. I got so much unexpected attention, careful love, not only from these friends, but some others also, from all sorts of people, both professing Christians and fiercy atheists. It felt like a refreshing rain after a drought. I've been given even a job also, that I am so thankful for.
Turning back to the topic - it just made me so amazed where a little compassion can lead. It is stunning, that you could unchain people of envy (like in my case), or a lot of negative, sinful feelings just by being compassionate to them and acting on it. Not as if it were due to our power, mostly that I believe that the ability to be compassionate is a gift from God, still it is amazing that we could be used as tools in that.
Now without taking away the accountability of the sinner for one's deeds - imagine, what if your alms actually prevent someone in urgent need from the idea of stealing ever crossing his/her mind.
On the other hand, compassion sure goes beyond material needs. Another lovely memory that I have was when I was a quite new member of a youth group, being on a trip with them. I was feeling somewhat uncomfortable and out of place, when suddenly a girl stepped closer and gave me random hug. It felt so natural, so sincere, so loving.
I also remember, that it was experiencing God's compassion towards me in the past that enabled me to suddenly see someone that I hated in a totally different light. Instead of hatred, and condemnation I began to feel mercy, seeing him chained by sins, unable to change, floundering in dirt, while damaging himself and others around him. Because those who are ruled by sin are led by a master who aims for their destruction, as "he was a murderer from the beginning". This is so outlined also in the story about a boy whom Jesus healed, who once was possessed by an evil spirit, who "has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him".
And after such a loong blah-blah, maybe one more idea I'd like to say. I do not know about others, but as for me, it has so many times happened to me, that I ended up in a situation when I had the condition, attitude or I sinned in a way that in the past I had strictly judged someone else being at or committing. I honestly wish I'd be able not to judge, look down on or despise anyone, whatever they may have done... I might find latter myself in their shoes.
Being all these said, maybe I'd write of some other songs in another post. Till then, hope you'd like and enjoy the music.
I am glad and excited to have the delight to share with you, guys, a new music album that I've come across. I feel a bit strangely however, as I sound as if I were advertising, but I guess it's not wrong to advertise something that you truly believe that is good.
The album is entitled "Compassion", and the artist names himself as "Customary".
I like the album soo much, as it deals with a lot of such topics, that I find in my life really relevant, and it does so in a straightforward way. It does not only throw up some vague ideas just to hang it up without actually saying something, but it rather sounds as a sincere confession about ones mistakes in life, thriving and a confession of faith in Christ Jesus. And this is what makes it so authentic and powerful (in my opinion).
Ah! And besides all these, it even sounds real gooood!
The first song (also my favorite) has the same title as the album - Compassion.
Customary - Compassion (Audio) @customarymusic - YouTube
I believe, that indeed compassion, genuine love, mercy and forgiveness (all these, even UNDESERVED!) are puzzling, staggering, melting and moving the human heart, as they have that kind of incomprehensible greatness with a sweet scent characteristic to God. And this is what got me fall on my knees a few minutes ago, praising God in amazed joy, so happy for the news that I got from a family who responded with loving kindness to my apologize that I postponed for many months till today, due to feeling ashamed, my fault too heavy, fearing of their reaction.
It was not my godliness that compelled me fall down on my knees and praise the Lord, but that incomprehensible love shed on me.
I still remember how I have fallen down in thankful, joyful praise a few months ago, when some friends of mine gave me a beautiful surprise. I was in the pitch of self-pity, bitter desperation, jobless, feeling unhappy, and even envying my friends who got more success and been given jobs in Germany (where God even knew that I would had wanted to go, before it had even crossed my friends' mind).
And guess what happened? They invited me to them!
I wasn't sure if it's OK to accept, but in the end I thought to myself: If I'd ever get into a situation in which I could help them, but they would refuse me just for feeling unease about accepting my help/favor, then that would be so sad. So I accepted the trip.
And guess what? My envy dissipated... it got dissolved in thankfulness, a joyful, amazed gratitude. I was greatly moved by what they did to me. Because of the envy I had had previously, I only got some shame, that was rather humbling than painful. I got so much unexpected attention, careful love, not only from these friends, but some others also, from all sorts of people, both professing Christians and fiercy atheists. It felt like a refreshing rain after a drought. I've been given even a job also, that I am so thankful for.
Turning back to the topic - it just made me so amazed where a little compassion can lead. It is stunning, that you could unchain people of envy (like in my case), or a lot of negative, sinful feelings just by being compassionate to them and acting on it. Not as if it were due to our power, mostly that I believe that the ability to be compassionate is a gift from God, still it is amazing that we could be used as tools in that.
Now without taking away the accountability of the sinner for one's deeds - imagine, what if your alms actually prevent someone in urgent need from the idea of stealing ever crossing his/her mind.
On the other hand, compassion sure goes beyond material needs. Another lovely memory that I have was when I was a quite new member of a youth group, being on a trip with them. I was feeling somewhat uncomfortable and out of place, when suddenly a girl stepped closer and gave me random hug. It felt so natural, so sincere, so loving.
I also remember, that it was experiencing God's compassion towards me in the past that enabled me to suddenly see someone that I hated in a totally different light. Instead of hatred, and condemnation I began to feel mercy, seeing him chained by sins, unable to change, floundering in dirt, while damaging himself and others around him. Because those who are ruled by sin are led by a master who aims for their destruction, as "he was a murderer from the beginning". This is so outlined also in the story about a boy whom Jesus healed, who once was possessed by an evil spirit, who "has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him".
And after such a loong blah-blah, maybe one more idea I'd like to say. I do not know about others, but as for me, it has so many times happened to me, that I ended up in a situation when I had the condition, attitude or I sinned in a way that in the past I had strictly judged someone else being at or committing. I honestly wish I'd be able not to judge, look down on or despise anyone, whatever they may have done... I might find latter myself in their shoes.
Being all these said, maybe I'd write of some other songs in another post. Till then, hope you'd like and enjoy the music.