~Concerned Citizens~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019

flagbar.gif

What Is An American?: A Primer
By Peter Ferrara, Associate Professor of Law,
George Mason University School of Law,
in National Review, September 25, 2001.

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper there an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So, I just thought I would write to let them know what an American is, so they would know when they found one.

An American is English…or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani, or Afghan.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them choose.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American is from the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God-given right of each man and woman to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need. When Afghanistan was overrun by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country. As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan.

An American does not have to obey the mad ravings of ignorant, ungodly cruel, old men. American men will not be fooled into giving up their lives to kill innocent people, so that these foolish old men may hold on to power. American women are free to show their beautiful faces to the world, as each of them choose.

An American is free to criticize his government's officials when they are wrong, in his or her own opinion. Then he is free to replace them, by majority vote.

Americans welcome people from all lands, all cultures, all religions, because they are not afraid. They are not afraid that their history, their religion, their beliefs, will be overrun, or forgotten. That is because they know they are free to hold to their religion, their beliefs, their history, as each of them choose.

And just as Americans welcome all, they enjoy the best that everyone has to bring, from all over the world. The best science, the best technology, the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best athletes.

Americans welcome the best, but they also welcome the least. The nation symbol of America welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed.

These in fact are the people who built America. Many of them were working in the twin towers on the morning of September 11, earning a better life for their families.

So, you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo and Stalin and Mao Tse-Tung, and every bloodthirsty tyrant in the history of the world.

But in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

So, look around you. You may find more Americans in your land than you thought were there. One day they will rise up and overthrow the old, ignorant, tired tyrants that trouble too many lands. Then those lands too will join the community of free and prosperous nations.

And America will welcome them.

flagbar.gif

cowhand1 - Copy - Copy.gif

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
FIRST OF ALL, I’M JOHN KENNEDY, NOT THAT JOHN KENNEDY, I AM THE OTHER JOHN KENNEDY, (R) SENATOR REPRESENTING THE GREAT STATE OF LOUISIANA.

PERMIT ME TO TELL YOU WHAT I BELIEVE.

* 1. I BELIEVE AMERICA WAS FOUNDED BY GENIUSES BUT IS NOW RUN BY IDIOTS.

* 2. I BELIEVE YOU CAN’T FIX STUPID, BUT YOU CAN VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE.

* 3. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD OF ANYONE TRYING TO SNEAK INTO CHINA?

* 4. AMERICA IS SO GREAT THAT PEOPLE WHO HATE IT, REFUSE TO LEAVE.

* 5. LET ME SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION, THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION SUCKS.

* 6. I BELIEVE EXERCISE MAKES YOU LOOK BETTER NAKED. BUT SO DOES ALCOHOL.

* 7. WELFARE SHOULD BE A BRIDGE, NOT A PARKING LOT.

* 8. WEAKNESS INVITES THE WOLVES.

* 9. WE MUST ARM FOR PEACE.

* 10. WE DON’T HAVE A GUN CONTROL PROBLEM. WE HAVE AN IDIOT CONTROL PROBLEM.

* 11. FREE ADVICE FRIENDS, IF GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU NOT TO BUY A GUN, BUY TWO.

* 12. I BELIEVE IF YOU HATE POLICE OFFICERS, THE NEXT TIME YOU ARE IN TROUBLE, CALL A CRACK-HEAD.

* 13. HERE’S A FREE TIP, COPS WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE IF YOU DON'T DO STUPID THINGS.

* 14. I BELIEVE WE NEED AN ELECTION DAY, NOT AN ELECTION MONTH.

* 15. I BELIEVE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE WHEN YOU VOTE.

* 16. I BELIEVE 400,000 BODIES BURIED AT ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY ARE THE REASON YOU SHOULD STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.

* 17. I BELIEVE THE WATER WON’T CLEAR TILL YOU GET THE PIGS OUT OF THE CREEK

* 18. I BELIEVE LOVE IS THE ANSWER, BUT YOU SHOULD OWN A GUN, JUST IN CASE.

CAME TO SHARE.jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
545 People Responsible for America's Woes
by Charley Reese

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don't write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don't set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don't control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices - 545 human beings out of the 300 million - are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered but private central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton- picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it.

No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

A CONFIDENCE CONSPIRACY

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a SPEAKER, who stood up and criticized G.W. Bush ALONE for creating deficits.

The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it. The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes.

Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow Democrats, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto.

REPLACE THE SCOUNDRELS

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts - of incompetence and irresponsibility. (and all should be convicted of dereliction of duty as defined by their oath of office, and in some cases outright treason.)

I can't think of a single domestic problem, from an unfair tax code to defense overruns, that is not traceable directly to those 545 people When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair. If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red. If the Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.

There are no insoluble government problems. Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.

Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exist disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation" or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power. They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses - provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees. We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess. The election is not that far away!

banjo_lg_wht.gif being-spiritual - Copy - Copy (2).jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019

THIS E - MAIL WAS SENT TO ME BY A GOOD FRIEND WHO IS A RETIRED OHIO STATE PATROL CAPTAIN.

PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE AND READ ABOUT A FRIEND'S EXPERIENCE REGARDING HIS LOVE FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES.

Here's a little tidbit on this wonderful new invention called the electric vehicle. Thank goodness for such an improvement brought about by advanced technology.

From a State Trooper

I’m not a fan of all electric vehicles. Too many variables affecting battery consumption. Definitely not suited for cold climates. The following experience just cements my distaste for EV’s, especially Tesla's.

I get sent to a motorist assist the other day, at the start of our snowstorm. Tesla on the side of the interstate, dead battery. So, I arrive on scene and the occupants have the right-front door open. They tell me that they can’t open any other doors, because the battery is dead. Sure enough. Can’t open the doors from inside or outside.

The driver also can’t get her license out of the glove box where she put it during their trip. Because the glovebox opens electronically… and the battery is dead. You actually have to use the computer in the center of the dash to open the glovebox.

They said they had 10% battery left, should’ve been plenty to get from that location to the charging station nearby. Then all of a sudden, the whole car shut off and they coasted to the shoulder.

So now I have to find them a tow. No one wants to tow EV’s. Finally found one company to do it. 8-mile trip to the charging station. $1,000! Normal vehicle on the flatbed would’ve been $150.

So now we’re at the Tesla superchargers. Guess what. Can’t open the f’n charging port because the battery is dead!!! The ports open, you guessed it, electronically!!! Image removed by sender. ����‍♂️Image removed by sender. ��. And we also can’t open the doors now (had to close the one open door when it was loaded onto the wrecker). The owner's manual is in the on-board computer, but the battery is dead.

I got the occupants to a store where they’d be warm while calling the rental company to figure out how to charge this POS, so I’m not sure of the outcome. I had to leave for a crash report.

I’ll stick with my dinosaur burner.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Sobering to say the least. In reality, quite terrifying.

Four Reasons Why China is Becoming the Dominant World Power:

1. They have a very low tolerance for crime. The death sentence is swiftly and routinely used for terrorists, murderers and drug traffickers.

2. Very low tolerance for Religion. They do not believe there is a Magic man in the sky. No such thing as a God. Almost no religious killings and getting rid of the Indigenous Chinese Muslim population as fast as they can.

3. They have not been involved in any expensive wars or invaded any country for the last seventy years.

4. Their primary weapon of choice to conquer the world is Finance, and countries around the world are falling fast.

Not just the USA but all world is in trouble. In the near future, China will employ millions of American workers and dominate thousands of small communities all over the US. Chinese acquisition of US businesses set a new all-time record last year. It is on pace to shatter that record this year.

The Smithfield Foods acquisition is a great example. Smithfield Foods is the largest pork producer and processor in the world. It has facilities in 26 US states, and it employs tens of thousands of Americans. It directly owns 460 farms and has contracts with about 2,100 others. But now a Chinese company has bought it for $ 4.7 billion, and that means that the Chinese will now be the most important employer in dozens of rural communities all over America. Thanks in part to our massively bloated trade deficit with China, the Chinese have trillions of dollars to spend. They are only just starting to exercise their economic muscle.

It is important to keep in mind that there is often not much of a difference between "the Chinese government" and "the Chinese corporations". In 2011, 43 percent of all profits in China were produced by companies where the Chinese government had a controlling interest.

Last year a Chinese company spent $2.6B to purchase AM entertainment, one of the largest movie theater chains in the United States. Chinese companies control more movie ticket sales than anyone else in the world.

But China is not just relying on acquisitions to expand its economic power. "Economic beachheads" are being established all over America. For example, Golden Dragon Precise Copper Tube Group, Inc. recently broke ground on a $100M plant in Thomasville, Alabama. Many of the residents of Thomasville, Alabama will be glad to have jobs, but it will also become yet another community that will now be heavily dependent on Communist China.

And guess where else Chinese companies are putting down roots? DETROIT! Chinese-owned companies are investing in American businesses and new vehicle technology, selling everything from seat belts to shock absorbers in retail stores, and hiring experienced engineers and designers in an effort to soak up the talent and expertise of domestic automakers and their suppliers. If you recently purchased an "American-made" vehicle, there is a good chance it is made with a number of Chinese parts. Industry analysts are hard-pressed to put a number on the Chinese suppliers in the United States.

China is very interested in acquiring energy resources in the United States. For example, China is actually mining for coal in the mountains of Tennessee! Guizhou Gouchuang Energy Holdings Group spent 616 million dollars to acquire Triple H Coal Co. in Jacksboro, Tennessee. At the time, that acquisition really didn't make much news, but now a group of concerned people in Tennessee are actively trying to stop the Chinese from blowing up their mountains and taking their coal.

Pretty soon China may want to build entire cities in the United States just like they have been doing in other countries. Right now, China is actually building a city larger than Manhattan just outside Minsk, the capital of Belarus.

Are you starting to get the picture? China is on the rise and has been for a long time...while America plays political games.

If you doubt this, just read the following:

When you total all imports and exports, China is now the number one trading nation on the entire planet:

# Overall, the US has run a trade deficit with China over the past decade that comes to more than 23 trillion dollars.

# China has more foreign currency reserves than anyone else on the planet.

# China now has the largest new car market in the entire world.

# China now produces more than twice as many automobiles as does the United States.

# After being bailed out by US taxpayers, GM is involved in 11 joint ventures with Chinese companies.

# China is the number one gold producer in the world.

# The uniforms for the US Olympic team were made in China.

# 85% of all artificial Christmas trees the world over are made in China.

# The new World Trade Center tower in New York City includes glass imported from China.

# China now consumes more energy than does the United States.

# China is now, in aggregate, the leading manufacturer of goods in the entire world.

# China uses more cement than the rest of the world combined.

# China is now the number one producer of wind and solar power on earth.

# China produces three times more coal and 11 times as more steel than the United States.

# China produces more than 90 percent of the global supply of rare earth elements.

# China is now the number one supplier of components that are critical to the operation of any national defense system.

In published scientific research articles, China is on track to very shortly become the number one country in the world. And what we have seen so far is equated to just a pebble in the sand.

cowhand1 - Copy - Copy.gif america4.jpg "
"And our children's children may never hear this!"

Attachments

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019

Excellent Boston Herald Editorial

Opinion by Peter Lucas - Wednesday

Joe Biden could have been a good president.
All he had to do was leave things alone.

Instead, he blundered into the office and wrecked the country.
He is like the guy on a Boeing 747 high over the Atlantic Ocean who breaks into the cockpit and says, "I can fly this thing."

"You don't have to, Joe," the pilot says, "It's on autopilot. It flies itself. You know, computers."
Undeterred, Joe presses buttons and flips switches. The plane goes into a nosedive.
Which is where we are today. You don't put a guy like this in control.

He is President Doom. Everything he touches goes bad.
And nothing is his fault.

He took an energy-independent country and turned it into a nation begging Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil. Gasoline prices hit the roof and inflation soared. But it is not his fault.

He forgot how he preened on Day One of his presidency, launching his war on domestic produced energy in favor of his Green Dream of a fossil fuel free world.

Biden, John Kerry, his climate change czar, and the progressives would have you believe that the world will come to an end unless their anti-fossil fuel agenda adopted.

Yes, the world may come to an end. But the chances are the end will come sooner from the unleashing of nuclear weapons then it will come from the use of fossil fuels.

But you do not hear politicians like Biden or Kerry talk much about doing away with nuclear weapons. On the contrary. Biden is reopening nuclear negotiations with Iran which will eventually lead to the Iranians having a nuclear bomb.

This is the country where its religious fanatics have promised to use its first nuclear weapon on Israel and the second on the United States.
If I were to bet, I would wager on the world ending in a nuclear bang before closing out in a fossil fuel whimper.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world keeps pumping away, and the American people suffer. But it is not Biden's fault. It is Vladimir Putin and his war in Ukraine who is to blame, not Joe Biden.

Joe Biden took a working and strict border policy left to him by Donald Trump and turned it into a humanitarian disaster. Hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants from countries around the world are pouring into the United States and nobody is stopping them. And many of them are dying along the way.

Bidens's decision to do away with border enforcement has also greatly facilitated the smuggling tons of drugs into the county, including deadly fentanyl from China that is killing many unsuspecting Americans.

But that is not his fault either. It was Trump's racist border policy that caused all the problems. Besides, he assigned Kamala Harris to get to the root of the problem.

Biden also authored the ill-conceived and humiliating pullout from Afghanistan, causing the unnecessary death of 13 Americans at the chaotic Kabul airport, leaving hundreds of Americans, abandoning thousands of Afghan allies, and throwing he country into the chaotic hands of the Taliban.

Naturally, he blamed Trump, which nobody bought.
The next thing you know Joe Biden will be blaming Putin for the Supreme Court's decision to send the abortion issue back to the states. Putin somehow must have gotten Trump to appoint three conservatives to the court in order to roil the country.

According to Biden, the "one thing" that has destabilized the country under his leadership has not been soaring gasoline prices, inflation, the open border, the shameful retreat in Afghanistan, the war in Ukraine, the frightening rising crime rate or the pandemic, but "the outrageous behavior" of the Supreme Court on the abortion issue.

The court did not destabilize the country. Joe Biden did.

This man does not belong in the cockpit.

Peter Lucas is a veteran Massachusetts political reporter and columnist.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Energy / Michael Swartz / March 28, 2023

Another Unintended Effect of EVs:
Those electric cars are really fantastic … until you have an accident, and it ends up totaled.

It’s something that happens to almost everyone: an inattentive driver pulls out in front of you to crunch your fender or misjudges the distance on a sudden stop and bangs right into your trunk. Normally that’s a time for a police report and exchanging information once it’s established everyone is okay, followed by letting the insurance company sort out the damage toll.

With the slowly increasing number of electric cars on the road, though, Americans are finding that fender-benders aren’t that simple anymore.

Besides the additional safety concerns from accidents involving an electric car, insurance companies are finding the assessment of damages to be far more complicated than standard body work. “For many electric vehicles, there is no way to repair or assess even slightly damaged battery packs after accidents, forcing insurance companies to write off cars with few miles — leading to higher premiums and undercutting gains from going electric,” Reuters reports. “And now those battery packs are piling up in scrapyards in some countries, a previously unreported and expensive gap in what was supposed to be a ‘circular economy.’”

Damaged electric vehicles are going to continue piling up, with totaled EVs relegated to an “isolation bay” at scrapping facilities because of the fire risk. Yes, imagine your brand-new Tesla 3 or Ford F-150 Lightning being towed to the junkyard because the replacement cost of the battery on top of body damage makes it too expensive to repair. That’s the outcome drivers could have to endure thanks to the high cost of powering EVs.

While many EV batteries might survive an accident with little damage, their current technology doesn’t allow for simple replacement of a handful of the potentially thousands of cells that make up their batteries. Teslas in particular are trouble: “A Tesla structural battery pack is going straight to the grinder,” said automotive expert Sandy Munro. If a battery needs to be replaced, chances are the EV will be considered a total loss. Compare that to the replacement of a standard car battery: it’s an inconvenience, but one that’s easily handled by a repair shop or even a layperson with basic skills.

It’s easy to make light of the situation, as some of us just love picking on those who believe in EVs as a virtue signal. But the truth is that the whole auto and insurance markets will get worse as federal and state governments foist these vehicles upon us through a combination of tax incentives and the simple browbeating of eventually banning the sale of cars with internal combustion engines.

In the meantime, though, Tesla is attempting to move in the direction of making the batteries easier to replace, territory Ford and GM are also exploring with their newest models. EV proponents claim the cost of batteries will come down as the market expands and technology improves, but it would have to come down significantly in order for batteries to lose their status as the biggest-ticket item in the car, not to mention a wallet drain thanks to higher insurance rates they make possible.

So the best advice we can give, particularly to EV drivers: If you really like your new car, exhibit strict situational awareness while on the road and don’t be in a big hurry. In a way, that would work out better for everyone.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Latest news France just spent 3 days with China. Another words if Tiwan is attacked France and Europe will be little help if any at all! I never liked France and I sure never trusted them! Biden and his administration will sink us like the Bismark sank the Hood in World War 2. As Bingo says Disturbing!! Gas prices rising, every signal indicates we are about to enter a War, perhaps even a World War! The Lord has kept me up all night, I sense something very bad heading our way, not fearful just stay alert!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Safety Warning - Microwave & Water - IMPORTANT

A 26-year-old man decided to have a cup of coffee. He took a cup of water and put it in the microwave to heat it up (something that he had done numerous times before). I am not sure how long he set the timer for, but he wanted to bring the water to a boil. When the timer shut the oven off, he removed the cup from the oven. As he looked into the cup, he noted that the water was not boiling, but suddenly the water in the cup 'blew up' into his face. The cup remained intact until he threw it out of his hand, but all the water had flown out into his face due to the build-up of energy. His whole face is blistered, and he has 1st and 2nd degree burns to his face which may leave scarring.

He also may have lost partial sight in his left eye. While at the hospital, the doctor who was attending to him stated that this is a fairly common occurrence and water (alone) should never be heated in a microwave oven. If water is heated in this manner, something should be placed in the cup to diffuse the energy such as a wooden stir stick, tea bag, etc., (nothing metal).

General Electric's Response:
Thanks for contacting us; I will be happy to assist you. The e-mail that you received is correct. Microwaved water and other liquids do not always bubble when they reach boiling point. They can actually get superheated and not bubble at all. The superheated liquid will bubble up out of the cup when it is moved or when something like a spoon or tea bag is put into it.
To prevent this from happening and causing injury, do not heat any liquid for more than two minutes per cup. After heating, let the cup stand in the microwave for thirty seconds before moving it or adding anything to it.

Here is what a local high school science teacher had to say on the matter: 'Thanks for the microwave warning. I have seen this happen before. It is caused by a phenomenon known as superheating. It can occur any time water is heated and will particularly occur if the vessel that the water is heated in is new, or when heating a small amount of water (less than half a cup).
What happens is that the water heats faster than the vapor bubbles can form. If the cup is very new, then it is unlikely to have small surface scratches inside it that provide a place for the bubbles to form. As the bubbles cannot form and release some of the heat that has built up, the liquid does not boil, and the liquid continues to heat up well past its boiling point.
What then usually happens is that the liquid is bumped or jarred, which is just enough of a shock to cause the bubbles to rapidly form and expel the hot liquid. The rapid formation of bubbles is also why a carbonated beverage spews when opened after having been shaken.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
#ICAMETOSHARE

flagbar.gif

Our Social Security payments were earned by us when we were working. This is not a Federal Benefit,
it was forced on the working, tax paying American people and now mismanaged and re-named.

China does NOT hold the largest amount of U.S. DEBT; U.S. Social Security Administration does!

A woman, or man dies at age 65 before collecting one benefit check.
She/He and her employer paid into the system for almost 50 years and
she collected NOTHING.

Keep in mind all the working people that die every year who were
paying into the system and got nothing.

And these governmental morons mismanaged the money and stole from the people!
system, so that it's now going broke.

BEAUTIFUL!

And they have the audacity to call today's seniors "vultures" in an
attempt to cover their ineptitude.

DISGRACEFUL!
The real reason for renaming our Social Security payments is so the
government can claim that all those social security recipients are
receiving entitlements thus putting them in the same category as
welfare, and food stamp recipients.

THIS IS WORTH THE FEW MINUTES IT TAKES TO READ AND DIGEST!

By changing the name of SS contributions, it gives them a means to
refute this program in the future. It's free money for the government
to spend under this guise.

The Social Security check is now (or soon will be) referred to as a
Federal Benefit Payment?

The government is now referring to our Social Security checks as a
"Federal Benefit Payment."

This is NOT a benefit.

It is OUR money, paid out of our earned income!

Not only did we all contribute to Social Security, but our employers
did too! It totaled 15% of our income before taxes. (This should be
enough for you to forward this message, if not read on.)

If you averaged $30K per year over your working life, that's close to
$180,000 invested in Social Security.

If you calculate the future value of your monthly investment in social
security ($375/month, including both you and your employers’
contributions) at a meager 1% interest rate compounded monthly, after
40 years of working you'd have more than $1.3+ million dollars saved .

This is your personal investment. Upon retirement, if you took out
only 3% per year, you'd receive $39,318 per year, or $3,277 per month

That's almost three times more than today's average Social Security
benefit of $1,230 per month, according to the Social Security
Administration. (Google it – it's a fact).

And your retirement fund would last more than 33 years (until you're
98 if you retire at age 65)!

I can only imagine how much better most average-income people could
live in retirement if our government had just invested our money in
low-risk interest-earning accounts.

Instead, the folks in Washington pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than
Bernie Madoff ever did (or Lyndon Johnson).

They took our money and used it elsewhere. They "forgot"(oh yes, they
knew) that it was OUR money they were taking.

They did not have a referendum to ask us if we wanted to lend the
money to them...and they didn't pay interest on the debt they assumed.

And recently they have told us that the money won't support us for
very much longer. (Isn't it funny that they NEVER say this about
welfare payments ?)

But is it our fault they misused our investments? And now, to add
insult to injury, they are calling it a benefit, as if we never worked
to earn every penny of it

This is stealing!

Just because they borrowed the money, does not mean that our
investments were for charity!

Let's take a stand.

We have earned our right to Social Security and Medicare. Demand that
our legislators bring some sense into our government.

Find a way to keep Social Security and Medicare going for the sake of
the 92% of our population who need it.

Then call it what it is: Our Earned Retirement Income .

flagbar.gif

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
#ICAMETOSHARE

A TOUCH OF REALITY
Here is a Fun & Interesting Eight Question Survey with interesting National Results.
Before you see the Survey Results, answer the questions, and see how you score against the Nation & against the Facts:

* What percentage of the country is black?
* What percentage of marriages are mixed race?
* What percentage is "Latino"?
* How many families make over $500,000 a year?
* What percent of Americans are vegetarians?
* What percent of Americans live in NY city?
* What percentage of Americans are 'transgender?

Note.. the government of New York says 2.6% of Americans live in N.Y. City.
I didn't check the other stats. I do agree with the premise.

The Poll Results

This should be a wake-up call if you don’t already know this… A recent poll was conducted by a national polling outfit. Names don't matter.
They are all the same. This one was "YouGov”. Results to these questions asked of average people on the street:

* What percentage of the country is black? Answers 41%... Actual 14%. If you watch commercials, you will think it is 90%.
* What percentage of marriages are mixed race? Answer 50%... Actual 19%. If you watch commercials, you will think it is 90%.
* What percentage is "Latino"? Answers 39%... Actual numbers 19%.
* How many families make over $500,000 a year? Answers 26%... Actual figure 1%. We think a quarter of the country is rich.
* What percent of Americans are vegetarians? Response? 30%… Actual 5%.
* What percent of Americans live in NY city? Answers? 30%... Actual .556%.
* What percentage of Americans are 'transgender? 22%... Actual number .048%

So why do people have such inaccurate thoughts on these counts? THE MEDIA! The media run race, gender, and wealth stories constantly. Result? You are being brainwashed by the national left with the media. Hitler’s propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels would be proud if he had half the success.
Disney just went full-on "gender". They will no longer welcome guests with the traditional "Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls". Why? Because 1% of the population dictates to the other 99% (that would be the vast majority) and corporate America falls for it.
Regardless of what you think, less than 20% of Americans use "Twitter" yet Twitter controls 80% of public opinion. Why? Because the media is so effective at what it does. It promotes as well as censors. Think about it.
Next time you are thinking Americans have changed and not in a good way, remember, it's mostly fake. It's all a lie. Most people think just like you do but the media has brainwashed Americans with constant broadcasting of LIES. It’s called social engineering. It's here and it's effective.

And the sheep ?????? keep listening, watching and believing.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
The Republican Party is different.
President Bush is a businessman.
Vice President Cheney is a businessman.
The leaders of the Republican Revolution:
Newt Gingrich was a history professor.
Tom Delay was an exterminator. Dick Armey was an economist.
House Minority Leader Boehner was a plastic manufacturer.
The former Senate Majority Leader Bill First is a heart surgeon.
Who was the last Republican president who was a lawyer? Gerald Ford, who
left office 31 years ago and who barely won the Republican nomination as a
sitting president, running against Ronald Reagan in 1976.
This is how the founders intended it. If you read what they wrote about the nation's representatives, it was desired that they come from all walks of life a) because Congress was not to be their career, and b) to actually be one the "regular" people they wanted to represent.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
#ICAMETOSHARE

(The cross at Central Texas Veterans Health Care System's lobby was reportedly removed
after complaints that the display violated the Constitution.)

'And the sinister movement across the land escalates on a daily basis.
Abomination of desolation are chilling words not to be taken lightly.'

BLANK IMAGE FOR TEXT MESSAGES - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy (4) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
IMG_6639.jpg man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg #ICAMETOSHARE IMG_0912.jpg
"It will never be known the prayers that undoubtedly were uttered from those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
'Thank you, God, for all things that have been bestowed upon us.'

"I pray the sacredness of this special remembrance shall never be compromised by anything under the sun."
'Amen'

Attachments

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
#ICAMETOSHARE

rwbstr10.jpg

eagleflag.jpg

A Republic, If You Can Keep It

Law and Morality

Many Americans agree that this country is facing a moral crisis that has been especially manifested in the closing decade of the 20th Century. Our President's personal conduct, the characters of our politicians in general, the caliber of the arts, movies and television, and our legal system have reflected this crisis. The personal conduct of many of our professional athletes and movie stars has been less than praiseworthy.

Some politicians, sensing this, have pushed hard to write and strictly enforce numerous laws regarding personal non-violent behavior with the hope that the people will become more moral. This has not happened, but it has filled our prisons. This year it will cost more than $40 billion to run our prison system. The prison population, nearing 2 million, is up 70% in the last decade and two-thirds of all the inmates did not commit an act of violence. Mandatory minimum drug-sentencing laws have been instrumental in this trend.

Laws clearly cannot alter moral behavior, and if it is attempted, it creates bigger problems. Only individuals with moral convictions can make "society" moral. But the law does reflect the general consensus of the people regarding force and aggression, which is a moral issue. Government can be directed to restrain and punish violent aggressive citizens, or it can use aggressive force to rule the people, redistribute wealth, make citizens follow certain moral standards, and force them to practice certain personal habits. Once government is permitted to do the latter, even in a limited sense, the guiding principle of an authoritarian government is established and its power and influence over the people will steadily grow at the expense of personal liberty.

No matter how well intentioned, an authoritarian government always abuses its powers. In its effort to achieve an egalitarian society, the principle of inequality that freedom recognizes and protects is lost. Government then, instead of being an obstacle to violence becomes the biggest perpetrator. This invites all the special interests to manipulate the monopoly and evil use of government power. Twenty thousand lobbyists currently swarm Washington seeking special advantage. That's where we find ourselves today.

Although government cannot and should not try to make people better in the personal moral sense, proper law should have a moral non-aggressive basis to it-no lying, cheating, stealing, killing, injuring, or threatening. Government then would be limited to protecting contracts, people, and property, while guaranteeing all personal non-violent behaviors-even the controversial.

Although there are degrees in various authoritarian societies as to how much power a government may wield, once government is given authority to wield power, it does so in an ever-increasing fashion. The pressure to use government authority to run the economy and our lives depends on several factors. These include a basic understanding of personal liberty, respect for a constitutional republic, economic myths, ignorance, and misplaced good intentions. In every society there are always those waiting in the wings for an opportunity to show how brilliant they are, as they lust for power, convinced they know what's best for everyone. But the defenders of liberty know that what is best for everyone is to be left alone, with a government limited to stopping aggressive behavior.

(To be continued)?

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
#ICAMETOSHARE

What if AI were in the wrong hands?

'The AI is programmed to do something devastating: Autonomous weapons are artificial intelligence systems
that are programmed to kill. In the hands of the wrong person, these weapons could easily cause mass casualties.

Moreover, an AI arms race could inadvertently lead to an AI war that also results in mass casualties.

"This cannot end well!"