Confess your sins (1 John 1:8-10)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
Great advice but to who!

It does not take much humility to do it alone in a room.

Ideally, this should be done publicly during the mass!

Faith without humility is nothing!
Some time's it may be necessary to confess the sins also to the other man, but sometimes not.

But you mean the mass happen's when one tell's about the sinful dirty life, and other listen and joy. That is unnecessary, that the people's gather together to listen filthy story's.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
if i have sinned against another person --

if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.
(Matthew 5:23-24)

it is clear what i should do; to confess and seek to make amends with them.

and if i have sinned against God, it is to Him i must confess and - praise Him! - He has already offered atonement!
but the Catholic ritual; why should i tempt the priest's heart with knowledge of all my carnality, if i have not sinned against him? why entice him towards judgement, or vicarious thoughts? he is not the one whose forgiveness i need.

daily we should acknowledge our sin to God, and to ourselves. but i think it is wrong and unnecessary for me to list here for all of you every wrong i have ever done, especially all those things that have nothing to do with you -- don't you?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
so if we should every day confess our iniquity before God, and acknowledge it and repent in ourselves, here is a question -

how many times should we ask the Lord for forgiveness?

if we ask Him 1,000 times to forgive us of the same sins, haven't we asked 999 times without faith that He has done so?
how many times was He crucified? how many times did He make atonement? How far is the east from the west!?

one time, for all. believing, i have peace.
doubting, i am like the wicked man that flees though no one pursues!
be at peace, my dear family :)
the Lord is faithful and His promises are true!

C

cmarieh

When Christ was crucified every sin that we will ever commit was laid at the cross and because he was the perfect sacrifice. ALL our sin was washed away by the blood however, if we keep committing the same sin over and over again asking God for forgiveness knowing we will do the same thing tomorrow that is not true repentance. True Repentance is turning from the act of sinning. I like to think of the story of the boy who cried wolf. He cried wolf constantly and the wolf was not there. People just got to the point not to believe him anymore. When the wolf did come as a result of his lying nobody believed him.

My question to you is let's say you teach a Sunday School Class and you have one little boy that constantly talks out of turn and throws objects. He apologizes to you and so you move on with the lesson, yet continues to be disrespectful and apologizes. Do you think this little boy is truly sorry?

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
We need confession and absolution. Not confession only.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
For the record - in the bible holy does not mean "sinless". It means "to be separate".

When we surrender our lives to Christ, we are made holy because the temple of God is holy of which we are - I Cor. 3:17.
We are also called a "holy priesthood" - a position given to us who are in Christ. I Peter 2:5

When we are told to "be holy", we are to separate ourselves from the world, its lies and its sinful behavior. We exercise this daily - to become more of a vessel for the Lord to use, for our peace and to benefit others. But we do so with the knowledge that in the Lord's eyes, we ARE holy and as long as we are in a relationship with Christ, we will remain so.

Mar 20, 2015
Yeah, in private and direct to God through the Christ and no other, that's how i roll.
Edit: I mean to say that is how many Christians i talk to confess their sins, that's not how i roll, i stopped praying quite some time ago.