conflict within

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shadowwolg
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shadowwolg

Guest
S.i.g.h i have tried to be honest about how I feel....I know at times i hold on to bitterness that i should let it go....here is a situation that happened yesterday...i was in a conversation with a family member who molestates me when i was young....i habe come to terms and had forgiven him ..and so on...but yesterday..during lunch..he starts talking about child abuse and how wrong it is.......i know i should be glad that he feels that way...but i guess deep inaide of me...i want to say...hey what abiut what you did to me...how dare you be against it and not public admit what you did...and so on...s.i.g.h...i want.to be glad that he thinks that way.....oh well....
 
We all struggle with forgiveness. You suffered greatly at the hands of this man yet you have forgiven him and continue to work at that forgiveness. At times such as you describe it is very difficult to handle the situation without those old feelings being stirred up. God knows your struggle and He knows your hurts, He also knows your heart and your continued quest to forgive. You are not perfect - no one is. God knows - He understands. Take it to the Lord in prayer and ask Him to help you. :)
 
I would advise caution and not to stay alone with this person, you cannot know if they are honest. They might be honest, but as you say action doesnt match the words, so caution just in case... I say this just in case, idk in which way you were abused, you surely get what I mean - and you'll know how to handle this yourself accordingly.
God please help this child release this person from debt and give the same forgiveness she was given. Guard her, and also convict her abuser with the Holy Spirit until they truly repent and hate what they have done, if the repentance is not already genuine.
Give the judgment to God, it's too heavy burden to carry.
 
Last edited:
Upfront ..let me say...I do not have fear in general when I am around him...he accepted the Lord around 20 yrs ago...if he hadnt, i wouldnt probably be around to have these conversations.....Mad Parrot...I am thinking along the line of what you said.....I thought I had forgiven him but there must a deeper level where God is still working.. the other day , God brought to my mind that I dont respect him..now granted...I have reason...but He is an older relative...He is saved...changed....I need to step back and let him lead.....give him the authourity that God gave him......that is hard...going deeper in forgiveness is hard...letting it go....something that everytime it comes up...as you say..I have to give it to God
 
I had to go through this with my dad - and to bring a closure, I had to confront him on exactly what abuses he did to me.

This man needs to have you remind him of what he did (the exact actions - not generalities) - and give him a chance to repent. He might deny - and if that is the case, leave it alone. At least you did the right thing. He needs a chance to say I'm sorry - if not to God, at least to you. It sounds like this man is living in a fantasy world of denial - and he needs to have truth brought out in the open.

My father also did, but at least I felt like a weight fell off of my shoulders.
 
I dont know if i can bring myself to do that.....for my understanding....would that be the right thing to do.... i being selfish to confront him....i did in my 20s in letterz...never face to face though....just thinking about it..stresses me out...s.i.g.h