Confused about the new chat bar!! 😳

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Hi can I ask if there are any instructions posted anywhere about the new chat bar.

Also everything posted seems to be open for public viewing. Is that correct or can private
chat groups be set up.

And do private PMs still remain private or are they now intergrated into the chat bar.

I’m guessing it’s still a work in progress at the minute?

Also (sorry lots of questions). The bar shows options for Facebook, Twitter, email, pinimterest too.
Does this mean you can take CC conversations to these social media sites.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hi can I ask if there are any instructions posted anywhere about the new chat bar.

Also everything posted seems to be open for public viewing. Is that correct or can private
chat groups be set up.

And do private PMs still remain private or are they now intergrated into the chat bar.

I’m guessing it’s still a work in progress at the minute?

Also (sorry lots of questions). The bar shows options for Facebook, Twitter, email, pinimterest too.
Does this mean you can take CC conversations to these social media sites.
I never saw an announcement about either bar, let alone instructions.

For the chat bar, i believe you can enter rooms that are open, or private messages between people.

A private message wouldn't be a private message if it weren't private :LOL:

From what i can tell the new chat bar is it's own beast that operates separately from the chat rooms and forum functionality. So you could view it as three separate functions (chat rooms, forums, chat bar) under one web site. Kind of like the Trinity :LOL:

The second bar, the sharing bar, i doubt you can carry on a conversation on a separate site. It's more likely that it a post or thread for viewing. But i don't know for certain, that's just what makes the most sense. I tried using the FB tab, but i have things turned off in FB that prevented me from testing it. And i don't have accounts at the other sites.
Also pressing the share button (the green one) opens up numerous other options. Including a 'print' option which reinforces the idea it's merely taking a read only copy of a thread and allowing it to be viewed on the site chosen.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
With regard to the 'sharing bar', does anyone know how to disable it?

Is there a way to turn it off?

It is a waste of screen area for someone who has no intention to use it.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

You have to request for Robo to disable it for you.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Mine was shut off for a couple years and then one day it appeared again. Very annoying.