Confused Young Christian-Need Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter chrisblake3
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

chrisblake3

Guest
I'm 19 years old and was raised in a Christian home, but since I've been away at college I've had interactions with a lot of people and I'm starting to question what I believe. I've been doing all kind of research on the internet and trying to find books to read. I came across this book called discover god on purpose. It speaks against Christianity and the Christian God and it actually makes a lot of sense to me when I think about what all it says. I'm confused because at the end of the book you're supposed to write out what you need guidance on for the next 52 weeks and then wait each week to see if you get a answer. I did that the last 2 weeks and it seems like the universe really is responding to me just like the book said it would. My parents say it's the devil, but I don't believe that for some reason.I want to believe in Jesus and everything I've been taught, it just doesn't make much sense to me anymore since I read that book. I really need help!
 
Hey! Go slowly! First, you mentioned about new people you're relating. It seems you found in this book, an excuse to sin, be careful. The devil knows and use tools so exactly to reach us and make us blindly, faked happness and fake sense of power.
Remember: the Bible says satan wanted to be above God. satan has powers to try to confuses us, cause he knows he has few time to take much souls as he can.
Be confident in the ROCK that is our father JESUS. Remember He gave the Holy Spirit to be with us and Jesus also is alive!
Seek and ask God to answer to you.

Be safe in the Rock, that is Christ.
God bless you and protect you in His way, so you can not fall to the left nor to the right.
And remember the Lord holds our right hand so how can we fall?
What can be more interesting than the Lord wonderful living word, the prophets experiences and endless Love we can always have from Him?
If this book is showing to you it's greater than the Bible, you should start fasting and praying for God clearly and directly guidence.

Think about it,

don't turn away...
:)
trust in the Great and only God,
you won't regret.
 
You haven't shared anything really. What doesn't make sense? Why doesn't it make sense? All you've said is 'i read a book, i believe the book, now i'm confused, someone prove the book wrong'. I'm not going to go read the book, so if you want clarification you need to say what you need clarification on exactly.
 
Hey! I just tried to look the book up....read only a little of it. Let me just encourage you with some Truth :).

"3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." (from 2 Timothy 4)

Hey! Keeping the faith is a constant battle! Do not give up the fight! Like a sportsman, who has to train with endurance, we all have to keep on going! This is how apostle Paul also encouraged the younger Timothy.

"6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." (1 Peter 5)

"12 So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. 13 I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, 14 because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me.15 And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.
16For we did not follow cleverly devised stories when we told you about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in power, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”[b] 18 We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.

19We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." (from 2 Peter)

"18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”[c]


20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age?Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called,both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength." (from 1 Corinthians)

I know that it can be hard to battle with the attacking ideas of the Satan, who tries to disturb our mind, and believe lies, to destroy us. We indeed are only by ourselves unable to resist, but REMEMBER! THE BATTLE IS ALREADY WON BY JESUS. You only need to cry out for help. He does not refuse to help those who rely on them. IT IS A LIE THAT GOD WOULD LET YOU DOWN. Only the evil wants to make you believe lies, to tie you with them, to see you getting lost and destructed, as "he was a murderer from the beginning". He still is....His battle is lost. He knows that. All he wishes is to harm us.

"
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?" (from John 8)

Can you remember how Satan tempted to sin the first humans? Let me paste here that part of the Scripture, let's read it again:

"3 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit fro m the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”"

What does the first sentence of the Evil has? A HIDDEN LIE!!!!!!
“Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
He knew well, that God did not tell Adam and Eve, that they must not eat from ANY tree of the garden. They were simply told by God that ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’, as Eve tells the snake.

Now the evil throws in a HUGE LIE, confutes the truth of God, saying:“You will not certainly die,”. And what he does, is trying to create DISTRUST in the human heart of Eve towards her Almighty, Caring, Loving Creator.

The strategy of the Satan is quite much the same today. He comes with lies... Trying to show God in a bad light, coming with promises of knowledge... Wanting to crush that wonderful relationship that you could have with God, having Him as Your Father, your Savior, your friend in all circumstances. BEWARE OF WHOM YOU TRUST!

Let me give you some links. There are some guys, who make some really good videos about the Bible. Right now they only have a few, just about the beginning. Maybe it helps you see it in a different light. It is good to study the Bible, to seek God....the more you know HIM, to more you know the truth, the less the devil can get you doubtful of them.

Genesis Chapters 1-11 - YouTube

Genesis Chapters 12-50 - YouTube

Biblical Theme: Heaven & Earth - YouTube

 
I wish you all the bests! :) Cling onto God! Do not just trust whosoever has written a book. Anyone can write a book nowadays. He says, as I have seen, that he seeked God, but God did not respond to him. God does hear, does see, does talk, does care. Just because He seems to hide for a while, that does not mean, that He would let you down. Really...... He is great.... and His thoughts are so higher than ours... that is why we can't understand Him all the time. It is by grace whenever He lets us understand Him better :)

"The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
15 The life of mortals is like grass,
they flourish like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
17 But from everlasting to everlasting
the Lord’s love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children’s children—
18 with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts."
(from Psalm 103)

I wish you to be strengthened in truth...
"So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."" (John 8: 31-32)