Congratulation to President elect Joe Biden

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
slavery was already in existence

God did not ordain slavery. laws were actually given to make the lives of slaves better

in the Old Testament you can read all about that
especially the part where it says you can beat them as much as you want as long as they don't die

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
especially the part where it says you can beat them as much as you want as long as they don't die
Nope. If you beat out a tooth or destroy an eye, you have to give them freedom. That's better than worker laws in many countries today.

L

lenna

right. only in your universe

chapter and verse please

I'm not holding my breath

May 29, 2020
Bit of a paraphrase but good enough Dude.

Exo 21:20 “If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished.

Exo 21:21 If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.

Sounds like the old days in the bible thumping south.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
especially the part where it says you can beat them (slaves) as much as you want as long as they don't die
Here (<- click!) is an excellent resource that lays out how slavery in ancient Israel was superior in every way to how slaves were treated in other ancient cultures. Laws indicate that in Israel the fate of slaves was not nearly as harsh as their conditions elsewhere.

Furthermore, it is noteworthy that the entire formal presentation of law in the Torah begins with the laws of slavery. After the introductory verse in Exodus 21:1, “These are the rules that you shall set before them,” the Torah commences with the laws of slavery. This is unique among the law codes of antiquity.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
I believe that what the government attempts to do is to legislate ethics rather than morality. Yes, very much for the good of society but the problem lies in that it is the government who decides exactly what the good is that they are trying to make into a binding law.
Which is why we pray for Godly leaders who will adhere to God’s Laws.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Bit of a paraphrase but good enough Dude.

Exo 21:20 “If a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod and he dies at his hand, he shall be punished.

Exo 21:21 If, however, he survives a day or two, no vengeance shall be taken; for he is his property.

Sounds like the old days in the bible thumping south.
https://biblehub.com/commentaries/exodus/21-21.htm
It is impossible for us to grasp the reality of these situations in the days which we now live.
The point overall is that, when Laws of the land are established or changed, this should be done in the fear of God whose commands we are to keep and not according to mere human understanding.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Your logical fallacy is called slippery slope.
We have statutory rape laws for a reason
also false equivalence fallacy as you can't compare a relationship between consenting adults to pedophilia

There's a quote that says to take away someone else's rights is to forgo your own
Meaning at the law can take someone else's rights away they can take your rights away too
What if the child consents?
Nambla want the age of consent to be reduced (probably removed completely). There are people who actually try to get the Law changed so that they can get their paedophile hands on children legally.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What if the child consents?
Nambla want the age of consent to be reduced (probably removed completely). There are people who actually try to get the Law changed so that they can get their paedophile hands on children legally.
A couple of years ago I inadvertently discovered that in the 70's I think it was, the US congress or senate or whomever decides these things seriously considered the so-called rights of pedophiles :oops:

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
If someone sexually touches a child you put him in jail. It's a no-brainer
Leave consenting adults alone

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
If someone sexually touches a child you put him in jail. It's a no-brainer
Leave consenting adults alone
Consent does not justify.
Right is right and wrong is wrong, even if the majority of people say otherwise.

May 29, 2020
The Trump "legal" teem is distancing itself from The Kraken Lady Sidney Powell after doing a 90 minute comedy special with a melting wax Julie-ani mannic-quin from Madame Tussauds™:

President Trump’s campaign on Sunday distanced itself from Sidney Powell, saying that the lawyer who has been alleging voter fraud in the November election is “not a member of the Trump Legal Team.”

“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own,” said Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and another lawyer for Trump, Jenna Ellis, in a statement. “She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity.”

No further details or clarification was offered.

We'll be kraken ourselves up for years kraken jokes over the woman :ROFL: "The End of the Kraken". "The Kraken strikes back". "The incredible shrinking Kraken" - lmao

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
the only problem with that is ones own certifying what is the " Spirit" . The only Book that matters is the Bible which means "books". Al other books must line up with that no matter what I think the "Spirit" agree with. The Holy Spirit will only Speak of Jesus as Jesus said HE would do in John 14-16 chapters. The Spirit reveals the truth of Gods word. When we thing or say

"I choose a better way and that is the leading of the Spirit. If something sounds right and I get the OK from the Spirit then I will run with it"

what should be done is I go to the word of God and ask the Holy Spirit to help open up our understanding through prayer. And confirm from the word of God. Sounding right, or run with it, is not very wise.
As is your penchant CS1 you have to disagree with others on principle. When I decipher what you have said in essence it is your experience of God is not valid unless it is the same as mine.

Having been a follower of Jesus for 66 years and seen and been involved in the supernatural that has brought people out of bondage and set them free from besetting sins, and been a member of a church that experienced revival for 30 years, where the supernatural was the norm, have been to heaven and conversed with God himself, I am very confident that I know my God, (not know about him), so I am not as foolish to believe that a total stranger who thinks that I don't know what I am talking about, has a superior knowledge that makes my personal experience irrelevant.

The fact is when you are a doubting Thomas as you are, nothing will convince you of the validity of other people's walk with the Lord unless it lines up with your take on things. So I will leave you to your devices and doubts and I will continue to enjoy the fruits of my relationship with my Lord and Saviour which I have experienced over 66 years of being born again.