Contradiction?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ignorun

Dec 18, 2018
Gentlemen! Why are the hands hammering the feet? Why are the teeth gnawing the tongue? We're just hurting ourselves and the Lord, whose body we are a part of.

We are all ONE body in Christ. As far as I can see all in this thread believe Jesus Christ is God in the flesh come to die for our sin and was raised again to life!

We can have discussions and even disagreements WITHOUT being disagreeable.
I agree we can have discussion and even disagreements, but I disagree we can have disagreements undisagreeably. I hope MANY and ALL would happily agree with me.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I agree we can have discussion and even disagreements, but I disagree we can have disagreements undisagreeably. I hope MANY and ALL would happily agree with me.
I disagree if it means using 'undisagreeably' as an adjective rather than an adverb. :p (I jest of course)

Ignorun

Dec 18, 2018
The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "ALL THE NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED IN YOU." Galatians 3.8 NAS
I do not understand what the discussion is all about. There's only one gospel. Galatians 1.6-7.
Parts, portions of it were taught through the ages and even the inspired prophets of old (Old Testament literary prophets) spoke about the salvation and the grace to come through the sufferings of the Messiah. 1st Peter 1.10-12.
The gospel is universal. All are welcome, invited to receive it. The "Kingdom is at hand" was preached to the Jews. Later we find the gospel being preached to ALL Nations - Jew and Gentile. Colossians 1.6.23.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
You told me, 'if the shoe fits, wear it'. Apparently the shoe didn't fit, because it wasn't true as RD apologized. That was my point...the shoe didn't fit, nor did your little shoe ditty. lol
And you thought that post was directed to you personally because...........?

Ignorun

Dec 18, 2018
I disagree if it means using 'undisagreeably' as an adjective rather than an adverb. :p (I jest of course)
I used undisagreebly as...never mind. I realize I have to do too much backtracking. But thank you.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Because...you quoted me. (post #112)
Yes I know I responded to your post......I think there is miscommunication here.
This was all yesterday. Life has moved me on and I do not remember nor care what started it.
If you are offended, I am sorry for your hurt feelings.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Crossnote, I see it too. It's on page 6. You are right. Why would Graceandtruth not see it, remember it? Graceandtruth wrote it.
I shall look since this seems to be a a thorn in your sides. Now that I have the reference....I shall return with a smart answer.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Many are called and few are chosen.
All that are chosen are called.

I did logic 101 a long time ago now. But there is no contradiction when one sees it in proper order. Putting the cart before the horse doesnt really work.

I can call many people to my party... or an audition but I can only pick a few to be the singers. But the invitation is open to all. Whether we take up the invite and decide or decide to audtion is up to us.

Who knows if God called other people other than Abraham to give the promised land to..the difference is maybe some of them didnt want to listen or hear Him. Then we see with abrahams children God blessed both Ishmael and Isaac, but only Isaac was chosen to be the heir. Isaac had twins jacob and esau, Esau refused his birthright so it went to Jacob, Jacob had twelve sons but it was only Judah who the Kings descended from. Since the others did things that forfeited the firstborn blessing. And so it goes down through history to Jesus lineage, who is the seed of abraham to inherit all the blessings...through one man's sin(adam) we all die but through another's righteouness (jesus) we are all made alive.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I shall look since this seems to be a a thorn in your sides. Now that I have the reference....I shall return with a smart answer.
I'm hoping for some substance, not a 'smart answer' or this constant sniping.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
I re-read what I posted and what you all had posted.

crossnote said:

Equally, it is outright ridiculous to take personal any Scripture posted on this forum. I simply was addressing the fact that there is only ONE GOSPEL presented first in types and shadows and later through the Son.

My original post on this was to dcontroversial where you seemed to think I needed correcting.
so you said that (posted) and my reply stands

Ignorun

Dec 18, 2018
No. I've prayed about it three times. His grace is sufficient for me, my strength is made perfect in weakness. And the thorn is actually a messenger of SATAN! Graceandtruth, you characterized your post as being a thorn! But I know you ain't Satan.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Many are called and few are chosen.
All that are chosen are called.

I did logic 101 a long time ago now. But there is no contradiction when one sees it in proper order. Putting the cart before the horse doesnt really work.

I can call many people to my party... or an audition but I can only pick a few to be the singers. But the invitation is open to all. Whether we take up the invite and decide or decide to audtion is up to us.

Who knows if God called other people other than Abraham to give the promised land to..the difference is maybe some of them didnt want to listen or hear Him. Then we see with abrahams children God blessed both Ishmael and Isaac, but only Isaac was chosen to be the heir. Isaac had twins jacob and esau, Esau refused his birthright so it went to Jacob, Jacob had twelve sons but it was only Judah who the Kings descended from. Since the others did things that forfeited the firstborn blessing. And so it goes down through history to Jesus lineage, who is the seed of abraham to inherit all the blessings...through one man's sin(adam) we all die but through another's righteouness (jesus) we are all made alive.

the call is general, anyone can hear or read the simple message of the gospel, but it is the calling that comes from God to His people.
God adopts His kids..........He is the Father of only the elect.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
No. I've prayed about it three times. His grace is sufficient for me, my strength is made perfect in weakness. And the thorn is actually a messenger of SATAN! Graceandtruth, you characterized your post as being a thorn! But I know you ain't Satan.
3 times......over a post in a forum.
Was that a thorn in your side?
(I must post that I am kidding or I will get blasted for abusing you.)

Ignorun

Dec 18, 2018
the call is general, anyone can hear or read the simple message of the gospel, but it is the calling that comes from God to His people.
God adopts His kids..........He is the Father of only the elect.
God adopts those who are in Christ Jesus. The elect are the ones in Christ Jesus. Not sure what is meant by God adopts His kids.

E

eternally-gratefull

I am still waiting for you to answer me in the Dan 9 thread. Or are you still lookin gup history to show where those things happened?

Jan 2, 2019
God desires ALL to be saved. Do you agree or disagree with that Scriptural truth?
I believe that God desires all of us to be saved. He wants to save all of his children and he wants us to leave our sinful selves and go back and have a relationship with him. God payed for our souls with a huge price, and that shows how valuable we are to him and how much he loves us and this is the beauty of it all. I believe that this is why God does want us all to be save. He also gives us a choice of either following him or the world, but he desires us to make the right decision of following him because he is the way, and no one else is.

Jan 2, 2019
If not all will obey, why is “all” used? Like in Timothy?
I can agree with you on that especially since we are given a choice of following and obeying him. Some people will choose to okay the Lord and follow his truth, some will not, and others will not right away but may do so in the near future.