Contradiction?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I do not believe that NO ONE UNDERSTOOD....if that were the case NO ONE IN THE O.T. WOULD HAVE BEEN SAVED......
Not true, all they had to believe was that god would take care of their sin issue, and god promised he would through the suffering servant. Abraham was saved because he believed gods promises,

they HAD TO UNDERSTAND and trust into the COMING MESSIAH AND HAVE a basic UNDERSTANDING of what was happening in order to BE SAVED....THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING!
Thats interesting conisdering no one in christs day understood that, meaning no one before his desth could have been saved?

E

eternally-gratefull

Why would satan do all he could to kill messiah if he who knew the ot better than any man, knew messiah would win by dieing in the cross..

Dec 12, 2013
Not true, all they had to believe was that god would take care of their sin issue, and god promised he would through the suffering servant. Abraham was saved because he believed gods promises,

Thats interesting conisdering no one in christs day understood that, meaning no one before his desth could have been saved?
No offence bro.......but what your saying is very confusing....Go translate what Eve said when she had Cain....they fully understood Genesis 3:15 and there is but one way to be saved, not 2.......

Are we misunderstanding each other?

I am saying....

The O.T. saints were saved by looking forward to the cross in picture, types and shadows by faith...the N.T. saints are saved by looking back to the Cross in faith

What are you saying?

E

eternally-gratefull

No offence bro.......but what your saying is very confusing....Go translate what Eve said when she had Cain....they fully understood Genesis 3:15 and there is but one way to be saved, not 2.......

Are we misunderstanding each other?

I am saying....

The O.T. saints were saved by looking forward to the cross in picture, types and shadows by faith...the N.T. saints are saved by looking back to the Cross in faith

What are you saying?
We always have been saved by grace, by faith in god, the ot inew god would make a way, thats what theinfaih was in.

Eve never understood that a messiah would come and die on the cross.
I am saying God hid the truth and the identification of the suffering servant, so he could hide the truth from satan, who he needed to do what he did to shut up any possiblity of any future rebelion, whuch he did

Imagine satans thoughts when jesus quoted the 52 psalm and he all of a sudden realised the truth, his defeat was carefully and precicely accomplished.

Dec 12, 2013
We always have been saved by grace, by faith in god, the ot inew god would make a way, thats what theinfaih was in.

Eve never understood that a messiah would come and die on the cross.
I am saying God hid the truth and the identification of the suffering servant, so he could hide the truth from satan, who he needed to do what he did to shut up any possiblity of any future rebelion, whuch he did

Imagine satans thoughts when jesus quoted the 52 psalm and he all of a sudden realised the truth, his defeat was carefully and precicely accomplished.
I don't think I can buy that.....Abel learned or understood the blood by faith, Eve said in Hebrew that she had gotten a man child The Lord when Cain was born, Adam and Eve seen God shed blood and cover their shame and I refuse to believe that God had to hide anything from Satan who is deceived......sorry......I cannot make that leap......

I fully agree that the truth was wound up in pictures, types and shadows and was not fully revealed as it is unto us, but I also fully believe that God gives understanding and to say the men and women of faith in the O.T. had no understanding does not equate based upon my study.......just saying and not arguing

E

eternally-gratefull

I don't think I can buy that.....Abel learned or understood the blood by faith, Eve said in Hebrew that she had gotten a man child The Lord when Cain was born, Adam and Eve seen God shed blood and cover their shame and I refuse to believe that God had to hide anything from Satan who is deceived......sorry......I cannot make that leap......

I fully agree that the truth was wound up in pictures, types and shadows and was not fully revealed as it is unto us, but I also fully believe that God gives understanding and to say the men and women of faith in the O.T. had no understanding does not equate based upon my study.......just saying and not arguing
We will just have to agree to disagree then.

I wish i could find the study that changed my view on this, if i find it i will share.