Controversial Topics Forum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Most other forums have a place where we can discuss controversial topics that are not allowed on the regular BDF. I feel we are just finding our way back to Bible truths that have been disallowed by certain creeds and doctrines.

You might think of us as off, but many Christians have come to conclusions that antichrist has been active a lot longer than most suspect. We need a place to state our case without getting kicked off the forum altogether.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Most other forums have a place where we can discuss controversial topics that are not allowed on the regular BDF. I feel we are just finding our way back to Bible truths that have been disallowed by certain creeds and doctrines.

You might think of us as off, but many Christians have come to conclusions that antichrist has been active a lot longer than most suspect. We need a place to state our case without getting kicked off the forum altogether.
Agree, like Catholis & SDA's, who believe in Jesus, should be able to discus why they believe the way they do. Otherwise it's like preaching to the choir. However a temper level should be established, also no name calling, lol.

M

morefaithrequired

some suggestions for controversial topics?
Does Christian Chat need a Pope? (im a worthy candidate)
Should Catholics do a recruitment drive similar to the Mormons? door to door sales?
Is morefaithrequired entitled to his own subforum?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

It's fairly obvious that the anti-Christ (satan) has been active since the creation of the world.. Along with other subsequent anti-Christ's throughout history.. JMO

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It seems to me that just about everything to do with Christianity is controversial :)

In some way or another ;)

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Should Catholics do a recruitment drive similar to the Mormons? door to door sales?
Yes - you could definitely start a controversy with all of that - no doubt about it...

;)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I think you just made an “open show” at how ridiculous denominations and “mans” doctrines are! :unsure:

Lol! I laughed and enjoyed your post very much! Lol! :LOL::ROFL::love:(y)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
isnt the SDA book by Ellen White called 'The great controversy'? It seems like SDAS just want their own forum.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
isnt the SDA book by Ellen White called 'The great controversy'? It seems like SDAS just want their own forum.
We don't necessarily support anything of Ellen White. I am not an SDA, nor could I be. Many others have come out of the Adventist movement of 1844. There are many Church of God denominations and Seventh-day Baptist from that movement. I sometimes attend an AOG that some of the members honor the seventh day as holy.

It is a mistake to lump together all those that hold to certain doctrines. Many of your fellow Sunday worshipers are taking a new look at the Sabbath. Did you know that mainstream Christianity didn't believe that Christ was physically coming back to earth until 1844 when the Adventist proposed it? It is now generally accepted.

The same hold true for spiritual gifts. However you stand on those, mainstream Christianity denied their were for today, until the Pentecostal movement of about 1900. Now, most believe in divine healing and other gifts. But that wasn't always the case. We Christians are finding our way back to God's truths but our historical traditions keep getting in our way. I believe we are in the times prophesied here: Dan. 12:4 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Truth will prevail.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Why not make a list of the topics you want to talk about here, couldnt it just go in miscellaneous? I wasnt aware certain topics were banned in BDF. As long as theres some biblical reference or connection, most people seem to talk about anything on there.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Why not make a list of the topics you want to talk about here, couldnt it just go in miscellaneous? I wasnt aware certain topics were banned in BDF. As long as theres some biblical reference or connection, most people seem to talk about anything on there.
Well, certain topics are banned on the forum as a whole. We chance getting banned altogether when we bring them up. My doctrine lines up mostly with COGM with their main webpage: HERE

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Whos 'we' is it that organisation, why not just link to your website then.
Or just find another Forum where you wont be banned. Theres plenty of other forums around, lots of people are members of more than one. Or make a facebook page.

The reason why people ban certain topics on forums is because arguing isnt fun for anybody. Many people dont go on forums to discuss doctrine they would rather find fellowship.

you just make it controverisal if you say its controversial, but most stuff isnt really. Its just different interpretations of scripture and everyone has their own because shock horror we are all different people.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Whos 'we' is it that organisation, why not just link to your website then.
Or just find another Forum where you wont be banned. Theres plenty of other forums around, lots of people are members of more than one. Or make a facebook page.

The reason why people ban certain topics on forums is because arguing isnt fun for anybody. Many people dont go on forums to discuss doctrine they would rather find fellowship.

you just make it controverisal if you say its controversial, but most stuff isnt really. Its just different interpretations of scripture and everyone has their own because shock horror we are all different people.
I am on three other forums plus my own website is listed in my profile here. This happens to be the forum I like the most. I can and have been banned for simply stating "my interpretation" of scripture. Have you not read the site rules?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Well you just got to follow the rules deade. sorry.
Its not just about you. If its a banned topic its probably banned for a reason. The only topic that appears to be banned it something called 'hyper-grace' and from what I know its when people think everyone else is already damned except for themselves who are chosen and nothing they can do will change it. Thats a pretty weird interpretation of scripture, not to mention how its completely wrong, because God is actually not like that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It just says no name calling and attacks. so its probably that your topic somehow makes people call each other names and attack each other. like people calling each other calvinists and arminists. so silly.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
These are not places because the site owner and admins don't want it on the site. There's no "need" for it. It's simply not welcome, hence getting banned.

K

Kim82

The fact is we don't agree on everything, and a controversial forum is just another opportunity to insult and argue with each other. But as Magenta said, everything concerning Christianity is controversial. We don't need anymore opportunity for controversy, as far as I can see.

M

morefaithrequired

Can I be promoted to Doctor of Theology for the Bible Discussion Forum? Ive read most of the Catholic Catechism.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
....endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Ephesians 4 v3👌

Status
Not open for further replies.