Cool new movie about Noah and the Flood.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nathan3

I already see some things missing recorded in the Biblical account. But it looks cool.

[video=youtube;7uVJAGJ5SVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uVJAGJ5SVM[/video]

C

CCmarie05

Looks great! Any idea when it is supposed to come out?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Darren Arnofsky is an amazing director. Black Swan was great and so was The Fountain. Plus the trailer made it look kinda epic wit the battles and such. Which honestly seems more fun to watch than a guy builds a boat.

T

The_highwayman

The first understory to this movie was the promotion of global warming. The first reports that came out from Christian Cinema about 18 months ago reported that the script said that God was angry with man and was going to destroy man for destroying the planet he gave us, not because of their evil deeds.

Other Christian movie reviews say that man Turned evil , because of their bad climatology practices, which made them crazy because of too much sun, etc.

Many say the message is very subtle, but it does have zero to do withe Bible and 100% to do with pushing forward global warming. The flood is being played as an environmentalist disaster, the earth is dying because man messed it up, not because he was evil. Russell Crowes Noah is said to be like the Gen 6 equivalent to AL Gore.

Be careful here folks.

N

nathan3

The first understory to this movie was the promotion of global warming. The first reports that came out from Christian Cinema about 18 months ago reported that the script said that God was angry with man and was going to destroy man for destroying the planet he gave us, not because of their evil deeds.

Other Christian movie reviews say that man Turned evil , because of their bad climatology practices, which made them crazy because of too much sun, etc.

Many say the message is very subtle, but it does have zero to do withe Bible and 100% to do with pushing forward global warming. The flood is being played as an environmentalist disaster, the earth is dying because man messed it up, not because he was evil. Russell Crowes Noah is said to be like the Gen 6 equivalent to AL Gore.

Be careful here folks.

Post some articles if anyone can find them about this. I would like to read these reports from more sources. kinda sad if they are ignoring what scripture says for a global warming agenda.

acesneverwin

Jun 8, 2011
The movie was co-written/produced/directed by an atheist... I'm just saying...

He also co-wrote a graphic novel to pitch to the studios the idea of the movie. In it apparently, Noah is a barbarian fighter and healer mage having dreams of a flood that will destroy the world.

It looks cool but a Christian account this is not. More like a fantasy comic book adaption inspired by the Genesis story.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
don't care movie still looks real entertaining. Oh wait thats what movies are...entertainment. Not your live action bible story.

K

kayem77

From what I read, this movie is nothing like the Biblical account, and it's more of a tool used to push an environmentalist agenda. So Christians, don't expect to see a movie about faith or obedience. God is portrayed as a furious environmentalist enraged with humanity because they didn't take care of the planet, not because of their sin. Entertainment? sure. Biblical? Nope.

Commentary by screenwriter Brian Godawa: Darren Aronofsky's Noah: Environmentalist Wacko | Godawa's MovieBlogGodawa's MovieBlog

T

Tintin

Those are scary rumours that may or may not be true, given that the script has been heavily revised since then.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
From what I read, this movie is nothing like the Biblical account, and it's more of a tool used to push an environmentalist agenda. So Christians, don't expect to see a movie about faith or obedience. God is portrayed as a furious environmentalist enraged with humanity because they didn't take care of the planet, not because of their sin. Entertainment? sure. Biblical? Nope.

Commentary by screenwriter Brian Godawa: Darren Aronofsky's Noah: Environmentalist Wacko | Godawa's MovieBlogGodawa's MovieBlog
You should investigate your sources more. This man also accuses Ender's Game of advocating for Insect Rights... im not saying he is a wacko but...

K

kayem77

The link includes quotes from Aronofsky himself saying that Noah was ''the first environmentalist'' and that that was his vision for the movie. I'm just saying, I don't expect it to be a Biblical movie.

T

Tintin

You should investigate your sources more. This man also accuses Ender's Game of advocating for Insect Rights... im not saying he is a wacko but...
Godawa seems to have his head on his shoulders. Where on earth did he mention that Ender's Game advocates Insect Rights? Are you sure you're not simplifying what he said to make him look stupid?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
well i tend to read through other postings when people post christian blogs on here because well it shows if its a worthwhile blog. you should read godawas review of ender's game. its ful of gems like this "The only thing believable was the existence of little girls in the military. I say this because anyone who knows the reality of the frontlines of war will tell you, women cannot compete in real war scenarios. Our anti-science fascist government women-in-the-military policy notwithstanding, they drag the military down because they are not biologically built for the level of physical stress needed. The standards have to be lowered to accommodate them, which places more lives in jeopardy and gets more soldiers killed. But I guess the Left doesn’t really care about soldiers dying anyway. "

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
Evan Almighty is one of my favorite movies because it shows descriptively what it would be like if God told you to build an ark today. A great movie.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Seriously,

Nothing even remotely biblical has come out of Hollywood in a long time.
Discussing some guy's blog is irrelevant... it's just silly to expect any major movies to be biblical.
They just aren't going to be; so we shouldn't expect it.

If you want to count Passion of the Christ as a biblical Hollywood movie,
you need to remember it was independently funded, produced, marketed, and distributed.
It was not a regular Hollywood project.
No big studios would touch it.

Last edited:
T

Tintin

well i tend to read through other postings when people post christian blogs on here because well it shows if its a worthwhile blog. you should read godawas review of ender's game. its ful of gems like this "The only thing believable was the existence of little girls in the military. I say this because anyone who knows the reality of the frontlines of war will tell you, women cannot compete in real war scenarios. Our anti-science fascist government women-in-the-military policy notwithstanding, they drag the military down because they are not biologically built for the level of physical stress needed. The standards have to be lowered to accommodate them, which places more lives in jeopardy and gets more soldiers killed. But I guess the Left doesn’t really care about soldiers dying anyway. "
Okay, I'll give you that one. Even the level-headed Christians have a few screws loose. He does have a point in some ways. The feminist movement want all of the jobs men have, with the perks and none of the cons. Sorry, ladies, it doesn't work that way!

T

Tintin

Seriously,

Nothing even remotely biblical has come out of Hollywood in a long time.
Discussing some guy's blog is irrelevant... it's just silly to expect any major movies to be biblical.
They just aren't going to be; so we shouldn't expect it.

If you want to count Passion of the Christ as a biblical Hollywood movie,
you need to remember it was independently funded, produced, marketed, and distributed.
It was not a regular Hollywood project.
No big studios would touch it.
I find God speaks to me far more through non-Christian movies than Christian movies and for the most part they're much better productions and far more thought-provoking! Also, they're much more honest about life's struggles. Naturally, you have to go back to the Bible for the good stuff but God can speak through anything.